Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 10-28-2009, 02:21 PM   #1
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Default Official Nets 2009-2010 Game thread

Since no one wants to make one this year, I'll do it.

Post all pre-game, post-game, or during the game thoughts in here.

Heres to another great season with ISH Nets fans
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:02 PM   #2
DidYouSeeVC?
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: Official Nets 2009-2010 Game thread

LETS GO NETS!

Btw, is there any way I could change my name? I joined awhile ago (last January) so my name is very out-dated as you can see..

Anyway, I'm not expecting much from the team this year, however I'm excited to see the young core grow, particularly CDR. I loved what I saw from T-Will in that final preseason game, the guy was a monster offensively and defensively.

Last edited by DidYouSeeVC? : 10-28-2009 at 05:04 PM.
DidYouSeeVC? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:20 PM   #3
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DidYouSeeVC?
LETS GO NETS!

Btw, is there any way I could change my name? I joined awhile ago (last January) so my name is very out-dated as you can see..

Anyway, I'm not expecting much from the team this year, however I'm excited to see the young core grow, particularly CDR. I loved what I saw from T-Will in that final preseason game, the guy was a monster offensively and defensively.
I dont think you can change your name (I think only the admin can do that but contacting him is gonna be hard).
You only have 4 posts so its no biggie if you make a new account.

I hope your more active. This forum was dead in the off season. The more active Nets fans the better.

Hopefully the vets are coming back when we officially begin(Gigs, Recspecs, Netsfan, Illifan, ZHAKIDD, etc.)
Old 10-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #4
BuffaloNetsFan

LETS GO NETS!!

PUMPED and waiting for the game to start!
BuffaloNetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:13 PM   #5
gigantes
‪ ‪

gonna go watch the phils in the world series (i'm from philly, after all), then catch the nets replay on league pass broadband archive.

on a side-note, i'm not real thrilled with league pass so far. first of all, every nationally-shown game turns into a blackout game, which doesn't make sense when you think about why people signed up for the broadband package in the first place. second, even in 'full screen' mode from the archives, there's a huge amount of wasted space on the top and another amount on the bottom. so it's basically preset for wide screen with no option to change. ie, the quality is not that much better than the usual internet streams. hope it's not that way for the live games too.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:22 PM   #6
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Baseball over B-ball?

My family are all sadly Yankees fans so.. i need to watch the game on the cpu...
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:34 PM   #7
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Dear Rest of the League,

Brook Lopez is a beast.

That is all.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #8
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Harris is scary good right now
I meant lopez...

Crunch time we gave up a nice lead... lets go nets

Last edited by Nets fan 93 : 10-28-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:40 PM   #9
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

If the buzzerbeater wasnt Wilkens I wouldnt be as mad as i am
Old 10-28-2009, 09:49 PM   #10
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

*sigh*

Unacceptable for blowing a HUGE lead in the 4th. Harris should have came in a lot earlier. When he came in, the Wolves were already down 6. Well lets look at the positives...

-Brook was a monster tonight. He shut an underrated Al Jefferson down all game. He faded away in the 4th though.
-Yi was pretty impressive. He made his open shots, had some great offensive boards, and actually went to the rim. Just when we began to praise him though, he makes a bone head move by committing a lane violation...
-Terrence Williams looks like hes gonna be a great player. He can do it all; score, rebound and pass. We needed him tonight especially because Lee was a ghost and CDR was in foul trouble. T-Will must improve his jumper though. Once that happens, hes gonna be pretty hard to stop.
-Devin's leadership showed today. He yelled at some of his teammates when they were just standing around.

I still can't believe we lost at the buzzer on opening night. Foreshadowing maybe?
Old 10-28-2009, 09:55 PM   #11
DidYouSeeVC?

Well that was a bad way to start the season, ugh.. CDR and Lee were both terrible; CDR got into early foul trouble and Lee just couldn't shoot the ball at all. On the positive side I loved what I saw from Yi, Lopez, and T-Williams.

Our bench is going to be in serious trouble if Hayes is out long.

Overall they easily played good enough to win, unfortunately they just forgot how to play basketball the last 7 minutes.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:17 AM   #12
gigantes
‪ ‪

well, i'm having some fun watching the replay... watching all the young faces blending together and trying to feel it out how to play as a team. at the moment i have a hard time knowing where to pay attention since there is no longer any of the big three to focus on. with harris, it isn't the same since he's still not really in their territory yet (IMO). lopez is more of the same.

anyway, guys- lighten up already. this is a very young team and a bad team by objective basketball standards, promising as they may be.

if you concentrate on the 4th-quarter collapses or the mistakes or losses then you're going to have an unhappy season, because those things are as sure to come as the rain. but a lot of those negatives are going to just disappear over time, so give the nets some time... ;)
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #13
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

Ok heres my take on the game...first off i was very excited watching this team. Young, energetic, and exciting to watch. I was very impressed with Terrence Williams play. Brook Lopez WoW! Dude is just going to be very very good. Hes a beast. Devin Harris, was driecting traffic like a cop out there. Once he gets his swagger after a few games, he will be very hard to stop. Very impressed with them...then the 4th quarter came...

Everything Lawrence Frank was trying to express, the Nets did the opposite. First off you cannot win ball games with over 20 turnovers in a game. They ran out of gas in the 4th and were very sloppy. No one seemed to want to step up and the defense failed late when it really counted. The Nets have to learn how to close out games. Especially the 3rd quarter. They have to win the 3rd quarter. I was actually embarrassed for the Wolves cause we were spanking them so bad, but we couldnt close

And then theres LEE and CDR...CDR could have had a great game, but too many fouls...needs to learn to use his head more in the games. LEE just didnt show up. His shot was not falling at all. i was routing for him, but maybe lee is just a defensive player. He said he has offence...but i have yet to see it. Yi did well, i was very impressed with him and hope he can maintain this, but he must use his head especially late in games. His Mess up at the foul line cost the game...because it changed the momentum of the game. When the nets could have been up 1.

Defence wins games, despite Lopez's dominant performance. If you dont win. Its all in Vain. Its only game 1 but they should learn from this one and keep it moving. Lets GO NETS!
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:45 PM   #14
DidYouSeeVC?

Update on Hayes and contract options..

Quote:
An ultrasound take Thursday morning confirmed that Jarvis Hayes has a strained left hamstring, an injury serious enough to take him out of action for the next two to three weeks.

Quote:
Meanwhile, the Nets exercised their 2010-11 options on Yi Jianlian ($4.05 million), Brook Lopez ($2.4M), and Lee ($1.35M) Thursday. They declined the option on Sean Williams, which makes him an unrestricted free agent next summer.

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/200...2-3_weeks.html
Old 10-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #15
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

As the ISH Nets Fam resident Lee hater, I hate to say I told you so. The team will need to upgrade the SG position. Courtney Lee will not get the job done. He is a rotation player not a starter.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: