Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 10-30-2009, 12:40 PM   #16
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Official Nets 2009-2010 Game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
As the ISH Nets Fam resident Lee hater, I hate to say I told you so. The team will need to upgrade the SG position. Courtney Lee will not get the job done. He is a rotation player not a starter.
As the ISH Nets Moderator I would just like to let you know, it was only one game... and if Lopez gets doubled as well as Harris he will get his shots in...

Expect a bounce back from Lee against his former team
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:42 PM   #17
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DidYouSeeVC?
Update on Hayes and contract options..

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/200...2-3_weeks.html
thanks for the news
Old 10-30-2009, 04:37 PM   #18
DidYouSeeVC?
Can barely lace up my sneakers

DidYouSeeVC? has an OK reputation so far

I'm looking forward to tonight's game. CDR needs to stay out of early foul trouble, and I'm fairly confident Lee will have a bounce back game vs his former team. I'm not expecting a win, I think the Magic are just too good, but hopefully we play a clean game and stay away from as many turnovers/dumb fouls as possible. And hopefully we can find some scoring off the bench (other than T-Will).
DidYouSeeVC? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:05 PM   #19
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
As the ISH Nets Fam resident Lee hater, I hate to say I told you so. The team will need to upgrade the SG position. Courtney Lee will not get the job done. He is a rotation player not a starter.

I agree with you. Guy isn't a star, more like an Anthony Parker like player.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #20
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

hmm...

harris is flawed because he's too much of a marbury-type.
lee isn't an NBA starter.
yi is a failure waiting to be confirmed.

oh dear...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:58 PM   #21
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

random notes vs. orlando:

lopez looks more natural as an interior center now, but obviously he needs more work on his fadeaways and contact-created shots. but even though he's missing his share right now, he's asserting a certain level of authority and ball-control beyond what i saw from him last year. gotta love his mindset and can't wait to see where he's at around midseason. especially if he can bump it up even closer to yao / shaq territory.

one thing i wished against orlando is that instead of trying to control the paint, lopez could have instead floated around, trying to draw howard from the rim with his midrange jumper. howard was simply a stone wall on defense after a certain point, and some kind of adjustment needed to be made.

the offense looks slightly desperate right now when being run through the guards, or maybe it's because orlando is such a solid defensive team. sure, it's nice when harris / lee / others use their athleticism to score the bucket, but i'm not seeing much confidence in passing around to find the best shot. but hopefully this will change, since they're the youngest starting team in the NBA, after all.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:55 AM   #22
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
hmm...

harris is flawed because he's too much of a marbury-type.
lee isn't an NBA starter.
yi is a failure waiting to be confirmed.

oh dear...
Relax... 2 games into the season and already negativity...
I'm glad we didnt lose by 20+ like i thought we were going to
Old 10-31-2009, 12:58 AM   #23
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
random notes vs. orlando:

lopez looks more natural as an interior center now, but obviously he needs more work on his fadeaways and contact-created shots. but even though he's missing his share right now, he's asserting a certain level of authority and ball-control beyond what i saw from him last year. gotta love his mindset and can't wait to see where he's at around midseason. especially if he can bump it up even closer to yao / shaq territory.

one thing i wished against orlando is that instead of trying to control the paint, lopez could have instead floated around, trying to draw howard from the rim with his midrange jumper. howard was simply a stone wall on defense after a certain point, and some kind of adjustment needed to be made.

the offense looks slightly desperate right now when being run through the guards, or maybe it's because orlando is such a solid defensive team. sure, it's nice when harris / lee / others use their athleticism to score the bucket, but i'm not seeing much confidence in passing around to find the best shot. but hopefully this will change, since they're the youngest starting team in the NBA, after all.
When we get our vets back( Hayes and Dooling) it will put less pressure on Devin and the others...
We are losing 18 ppg
Old 10-31-2009, 01:23 AM   #24
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Relax... 2 games into the season and already negativity...
I'm glad we didnt lose by 20+ like i thought we were going to
those were not my thoughts, NF93. i was paraphrasing what i hear other nets fans saying these days. personally i'm okay with those three guys so far.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #25
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

These last two games have really showed a lot of things about Brook's game:

-He has trouble with guys who can match his size or guys that are stronger and more athletic. Granted, there is only 1 Dwight Howard in this world (and thank God), but Brook was continually getting out positioned by even Brendan Haywood. Haywood's length bothered him as well and he wasn't getting firm positioning and all his shots were put off without balance or control.
-His footwork still is sloppy and needs to be cleaned up. I'm no big man coach, but I can see atleast two things wrong. 1. He takes wayyy too many steps or dribbles to get the shot he ends up with. 2. Because of the superfluous steps and dribbles, it takes too much time and usually the double comes or we've already wasted time on the shot clock.

I think Brook has come along nicely, but there's still a lot of work to be done. Hopefully he can bounce back strong from these last two games. I think some other fans were saying he's the next Tim Duncan or whatever, but lets not pressure him into that. Timmy is an out-of-world talent. Call me a pessimist, but I don't put Brook in that talent field. More in the Pau Gasol talent field. I still like what I've seen so far, but I think it became evident that he's still a ways away from becoming the monster that he will be.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #26
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

How come Lopez didnt manage to grab five rebounds in the last two games?

Also Yi sucks as bad as he used to.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #27
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Foul trouble and getting out muscled for positioning has hurt Brook these last two games.

As for Yi, I think he's played well overall so far. He didn't score as much last night, but for the most part he took good shots that just didn't drop. Overall though, I like him a lot more this year and think he's going to be a good for us. He may be up and down all season, but in the end it'll be promising.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:51 AM   #28
gigantes
A piece of fluff

^^ agree. yi is a significantly better player this year.

last year he would have strings of games where he was a huge disappointment, peppered by occasional strong games in which we'd all get excited by his potential. this season and pre-season, he's shown a new kind of 'half-way' game in which he doesn't quite play like a star but still does too many good things to say he wasn't a factor.

also, big men and PG's take the longest time to get used to the pro game and yi is showing measurable growth this year, so why are we so impatient with him? (and lopez, to a lesser extent)

right now, the progress of the big men is not the problem IMO given their extreme youth. the problem is with the starting guards and how to function as a team.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:48 AM   #29
DidYouSeeVC?
Can barely lace up my sneakers

DidYouSeeVC? has an OK reputation so far

I think Yi has looked fine so far. He needs to be more aggressive with the basketball, and so far I think we've seen some of that. He also has done a nice job with defensive rebounds.

And someone needs to tell Eduardo Najera to stop taking that once or twice per game 3-pointer.

Last edited by DidYouSeeVC? : 11-02-2009 at 11:50 AM.
DidYouSeeVC? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #30
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well... as we praise Yi, he goes down with a knee injury..
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: