Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-07-2009, 12:07 AM   #16
NYCPG
Kids at the park dunk on me

NYCPG has decent reputation
Default Re: Whats up with Jordan Hill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Jordan Hill is raw, plain and simple.

But he was the best prospect available at the time, whether you looked and draft sites or listened to the experts.

That doesn't mean best player though.

But he is very raw.

Ah, he was not the best prospect on the board. That title goes to Brandon Jennings, who actually fills a need at a position that we are thin at.
NYCPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:31 AM   #17
bluechox
Banned

bluechox has an OK reputation so far

unless we had a top 3 draft pick, whoever we draft would just end up on the bench. so dont bother talking about we should of gotten another player instead. if we had jennings, he would probably be on the bench behind chris duhon and nate. You know what would happen if we start jennings, duhon would whine like a biotch
bluechox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:11 AM   #18
WhySoInsecure?
ILL WILL RUNS NYC

WhySoInsecure? is considered somewhat coolWhySoInsecure? is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox
unless we had a top 3 draft pick, whoever we draft would just end up on the bench. so dont bother talking about we should of gotten another player instead. if we had jennings, he would probably be on the bench behind chris duhon and nate. You know what would happen if we start jennings, duhon would whine like a biotch
so let him, Duhon played well for half a season and now he's a walking joke. The guy has been horrible this season and most likely won't be back next year.

Walsh has done a horrible job drafting. Gallinari is a joke and Hill won't ever be more than a role player. The last 2 drafts could have set us up for the future but we have nothing to show for it.

I'm also not a huge fan of the whole run and gun system, especially not at the garden. We have a bunch of guys who can't score with a green light to jack up shots. They shoot themselves out of games and let the opposing teams run layup drills on defense
WhySoInsecure? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:28 AM   #19
itz reggie
Can barely lace up my sneakers

itz reggie has an OK reputation so far

I think we make bad draft picks on purpose . Im still mad that we chose Gallo over Gordon and Hill over Jennings. Why would Lebron want to come to a **** hole of a team like the knicks right now. There is no potential in this team outside of wilson chandler right now.
itz reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:05 PM   #20
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by itz reggie
I think we make bad draft picks on purpose . Im still mad that we chose Gallo over Gordon and Hill over Jennings. Why would Lebron want to come to a **** hole of a team like the knicks right now. There is no potential in this team outside of wilson chandler right now.

Gallos averging 17 ppg so far. I mean thats not too bad is it?
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #21
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

he's been playing very well.
these young guys are our future, if they dont show what they're capable of doing, no FA would consider playing for us.

look at for instance new jersey; their future looks more promising than ours (the f*cking nets ).
they have Terrence Williams, courtney lee, devin harris, brook lopez, chris douglas-roberts.
we have Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler. We have capable big men, and our rookies, well, have been sitting on the bench.

disadvantages:
many losing seasons in a row
no all-stars
the lowering of the salary cap
not many promising players
not a system that will win you championships
no lottery pick in 2010

advantages:
cap space
many free agents
Wilson Chandler and Gallo
Madison Square Garden
we are the Knickerbockers, who wouldnt want to be a Knick

i dont have any expectations for this team, I hope we'll soon be in mid april
i really hope that Cleveland, miami, toronto and phoenix get thrown out in the first round! for Free agency purposes only
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:38 AM   #22
poido123
Lifetime Bulls fan

poido123 is considered somewhat coolpoido123 is considered somewhat cool

I'm surprised Stern can't order a redraft, and have the bent corners on the envelopes all over again...
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:55 AM   #23
Knicks101
Black Cesaro

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
look at for instance new jersey; their future looks more promising than ours (the f*cking nets ).
they have Terrence Williams, courtney lee, devin harris, brook lopez, chris douglas-roberts.
we have Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler. We have capable big men, and our rookies, well, have been sitting on the bench.

Bet you don't feel this way anymore. Jersey has a 0% chance of landing any of the 4 big guys.
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:04 PM   #24
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

so true.

A Playoff appearance would really help us. See it from the perspectives of Lebron, wade, bosh and amare.

They will probably make the Playoffs, and if we do as well, they might recognize that for instance:
Lebron + Cavs team > Knicks
Lebron + Knicks team >>> Cavs

know what I mean? this could be crucial, hope they can keep the wins coming.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:07 PM   #25
jlawdrummer
Serious playground baller

jlawdrummer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
They will probably make the Playoffs, and if we do as well, they might recognize that for instance:
Lebron + Cavs team > Knicks
Lebron + Knicks team >>> Cavs

know what I mean? this could be crucial, hope they can keep the wins coming.

I've been thinking this a lot lately too. With how well we've played lately, it seems like the superstars should REALLY want to come here. Hell, we beat Amare's team. We have beaten Chris Paul's team. We've played the Celtics really really well. Other solid wins and good games, like beating the Hawks (Joe Johnson's team) too, almost forgot that one.

They HAVE to see that if this team and this system can do this well without any real superstar, really without a star at all, adding a guy like LeBron, or 2 of the "lesser superstars" would make us really quite good.

Also, imagine if LeBron left Cleveland. would that city even support that team at all? Who would lead them? What would there really be there to watch? Not too much, and that SHOULD say a lot to LeBron.

On the other hand, Knicks fans are excited about this team right now, even without a LeBron or similar player on the team. That should say a lot to him, and to other star players, as well.
jlawdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:31 AM   #26
Qu33nz Knick
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Qu33nz Knick has an OK reputation so far
Default I havent been here for a while...

but can somebody tell me why everybody seems to be dumping on Gallo? I mean he is only 20 years old averaging about 15 and 5 while leading the league in 3's and amongst the leaders in percentages, not to mention that he has a plethora of skills that he does not get to showcase at all times but does show us glimpses of them. I mean what else can you want he was the
6th pick in the draft and after the first 3 picks or so it's never really a lock to be an all star caliber player or even a starter...he does have all star potential isn't that all you can ask for???
Qu33nz Knick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:25 AM   #27
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

D'Antoni threw this little teaser out there, read it this morning...

D’Antoni says he isn’t giving up on Hill, the 6-10 power forward from Arizona, and in fact added that Hill is “going to get a chance here pretty soon.”

What does he mean? Don't know.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:35 AM   #28
Knicks101
Black Cesaro

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate

D’Antoni says he isn’t giving up on Hill, the 6-10 power forward from Arizona, and in fact added that Hill is “going to get a chance here pretty soon.”

He'll probably be playing Monday.
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #29
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate

Finally. I've been waiting for this for a while now. Give all of Bender's minutes and some more. 15mpg should be fine at this point.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:27 PM   #30
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

I'd like to see him get some quality minutes. As long as we keep winning ballgames.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: