Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #31
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Whats up with Jordan Hill?

I would really like to see this team make the play-offs, just to prove my self wrong. What, we have 15 wins right now? I didnt even think we would have that many when this season would be over. But Jordan Hill has to not be a waste and get out there and play.

But hear me out on Bender because this is pretty interesting.

Bender and T-Mac have the same GM. People have been speculating that Bender was signed as a favour so that his GM would help push the move for T-Mac to NY for Jeffries.

If Bender playing means moving Jeffries for T-Mac then play Bender. If it was just a random move because Donnie Walsh has repeatidly showed he wants to bring the old Pacers back (we almost signed Jamal Tinsley twice...) then Hill should be taking Benders minutes and some.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:40 PM   #32
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

it actually would benefit is more in the long run for us NOT to make the playoffs and play poorly.Lets face it;we're fighting an uphill battle tryna get that last playoff spot and even if we do get in,we're not going to win a series. It would help us more if we did poorly,that way theres no reason to see any potential in guys that are expiring this year.we just need a fresh start from ground zero.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #33
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
it actually would benefit is more in the long run for us NOT to make the playoffs and play poorly.Lets face it;we're fighting an uphill battle tryna get that last playoff spot and even if we do get in,we're not going to win a series. It would help us more if we did poorly,that way theres no reason to see any potential in guys that are expiring this year.we just need a fresh start from ground zero.

I don't know about that. Would'nt making the play-offs help in bringing in a big named free agent? If that's true then it's totally worth it to try everything possible to get the 8th seed.

Of course we wouldnt go anywhere in the play-offs but at least we'd get there, which would likely increase the chances of getting anybody worth while in FA.

Theres no point in tanking a season with no draft pick either. Doesnt look like were doing that. Theres also no sense in not playing a lottery pick, but we continue to not play Hill.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:32 PM   #34
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has an OK reputation so far

Any chance you guys would trade Hill to the Thunder? He'd get time in OKC, we could give you one of our picks and we have a nice expiring contract we could deal in Etan Thomas.
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:01 PM   #35
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

I've never really thought of dealing Hill until now. I doubt Walsh moves him though. I don't know why but its something I just can't see happening. The dude should be in the D-League.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:55 PM   #36
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i'd be cool with that move...where do i sign? lol as for us making the playoffs and landing a big name free agent,i doubt that the two have any correlation. All the big name free agents are on teams better than us anyway.Besides,its not like our roster is going to have any of the ppl that crawl into the playoffs neway.Everyone's expiring.If we want to get LeBron or Wade we have to basically tell them that we are starting from scratch and that it's their team. Maybe even give them some say-so in what free agents we get to build around them.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:53 AM   #37
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jordan Hill should be in the D-League. So he can play and get his skills tuned up.

The Knicks are trying to make the playoffs.

In the East, just about every team has a shot for the bottom 4 spots.

Getting away from the topic, I don't think we should just not try to make it.

Expirers or not, what would be the problem in trying to win?

If we make it, the Jazz don't get a lotto pick.

That's one plus.

It gives our players more light for free agents to see what we have on the team.

That's another plus. True enough, most of the team will not be here next season, but that doesn't mean don't try to win.

As far as the free agents go, some of them do not have better teams than the Knicks.

I don't think Miami is better than us without Wade, they have been struggling to stay .500 with Wade.

Toronto isn't better either without Bosh, in the same boat, .500 with Bosh.

Atl maybe without JJ, but not PHX without Stat.

I think people in general are not looking at the whole picture.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:50 AM   #38
Knicks101
Steal Your Girl

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Jordan Hill should be in the D-League. So he can play and get his skills tuned up.

The Knicks are trying to make the playoffs.

In the East, just about every team has a shot for the bottom 4 spots.

Getting away from the topic, I don't think we should just not try to make it.

Expirers or not, what would be the problem in trying to win?

If we make it, the Jazz don't get a lotto pick.

That's one plus.

It gives our players more light for free agents to see what we have on the team.

That's another plus. True enough, most of the team will not be here next season, but that doesn't mean don't try to win.

As far as the free agents go, some of them do not have better teams than the Knicks.

I don't think Miami is better than us without Wade, they have been struggling to stay .500 with Wade.

Toronto isn't better either without Bosh, in the same boat, .500 with Bosh.

Atl maybe without JJ, but not PHX without Stat.

I think people in general are not looking at the whole picture.

Yup, you're 100% correct. I don't think that us making the playoffs is the most important thing in the world, but I can't see how it would hurt.
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:02 PM   #39
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

A few posts ago I said I never thought about trading hill. According to the Insidehoops NBA rumors page Morey would be interested in Hill in a deal for T-Mac. I would do that in a heartbeat to involve jeffries.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:04 PM   #40
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
If we want to get LeBron or Wade we have to basically tell them that we are starting from scratch and that it's their team.

Thats a good point. A luxury I would want to have is who I play with, so yea let em pick. But LeBron and Wade said they wanted to play with each other...and Wade said Bron was the ONLY star he would play with because they have good chemistry. I think they would take pay cuts to come play together but moving Jeffries would make things a lot easier.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:41 PM   #41
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

iont see how we are better than miami and toronto.way may have a better record currently (im not even sure we do) but roster wise,i like both of their rosters better.Bottom line is,Miami made the playoffs last year and we didnt and their roster is pretty much the same.Toronto has Hedo and Bargnani who are pretty much better than anyone one our roster.They are more talented than us at almost every position.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:08 PM   #42
NeeJ49er
Can barely lace up my sneakers

NeeJ49er has an OK reputation so far

Hill needs to start getting some minutes at the 5 and 4 positions, we need to develop him sooner or later, but if were keeping him to be part of a package then whats the point of playing him??, but if thats not the case then he needs to get some minutes to help him ease into the rotation, but we drafted him for a reason and he needs to contribute being he was a top 10 draft pick
NeeJ49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:21 PM   #43
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeJ49er
Hill needs to start getting some minutes at the 5 and 4 positions, we need to develop him sooner or later, but if were keeping him to be part of a package then whats the point of playing him??, but if thats not the case then he needs to get some minutes to help him ease into the rotation, but we drafted him for a reason and he needs to contribute being he was a top 10 draft pick

if he's still on the team by thursday then yea...i agree.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: