Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 07-05-2006, 03:20 PM   #1
JRICH23
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Jamaal Magloire to Spurs?

This morning in the San Antonio Express News it was reported that the spurs are trying to trade for Milwaukee Bucks center Jamaal Magloire. Supposedly the spurs have offered Brent Barry and the rights to Luis Scola for Magloire and are awaiting a response from the Bucks. I hope this trade happens because it will give Beno Udrih more playing time and it will give the spurs a decent center. What do yall think?
JRICH23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:42 PM   #2
dmenzion
I hit open layups

Exclamation

i think it sucks **** kuz...i hate the spurs
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:07 PM   #3
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRICH23
This morning in the San Antonio Express News it was reported that the spurs are trying to trade for Milwaukee Bucks center Jamaal Magloire. Supposedly the spurs have offered Brent Barry and the rights to Luis Scola for Magloire and are awaiting a response from the Bucks. I hope this trade happens because it will give Beno Udrih more playing time and it will give the spurs a decent center. What do yall think?

I hate the spurs too ...no this trade is not happening...look at the salaries when making such trade....SA doesnt have any true centres and no one is on the market.....so SA no finals for you this year...go home...
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:53 PM   #4
nrodriguez6630

Default To all you ignorant "SPURS HATERS"

[b]R.C. Buford knows how to wheel and deal in situations like this..You really should do your homework before running your dumbass mouth! It is inevitable that the San Antonio Spurs Championship Legacy will continue for years to come. See you @ the 06-07 Finals BEEYAATCH!!
nrodriguez6630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:25 PM   #5
JRICH23

rodriguez is exactly right about R.C. Buford. He does know how to make the team better in crazy situations like this. For instance in 2005 the spurs needed a center badly, so halfway through the season R.C. made a trade that got rid of a player that was a fan favorite, malik rose, for a desperately needed center, Nazr Mohammed. He was a key part in the spurs 2005 championship.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:45 PM   #6
houselog442
I airball my layups

Not to give your hopes up, but that trade to get Nazr was with Isiah and therefore should not count, since Isiah is a blithering idiot!

I saw Magloire last season for the Bucks and I thought he kind of stunk. He looked way too bulked up and could barely jump. His extra weight also made him look bad on defense and offensively he was a black hole. I think the better move for the Spurs would be to grab (no pun intended) Reggie Evens.
houselog442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:10 PM   #7
timmyD
I hit open layups

Default well

if isiah is so dumb why dont we go for channing frye!
timmyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:28 PM   #8
JRICH23

Um... Reggie Evans?!?!? I think I would rather have Rasho Nesterovic than him and I really hate Rasho. We should get Magloire or Lorenzen Wright.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:27 PM   #9
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
rodriguez is exactly right about R.C. Buford. He does know how to make the team better in crazy situations like this. For instance in 2005 the spurs needed a center badly, so halfway through the season R.C. made a trade that got rid of a player that was a fan favorite, malik rose, for a desperately needed center, Nazr Mohammed. He was a key part in the spurs 2005 championship.

It doesnt happen always so forget about it and play atleast 1 year without any centre and lets see what happens to you guys....u guys got luck with Manu and Parker....you cant win all the time right???? so now its the spurs turn.......
Old 07-08-2006, 03:17 PM   #10
The Real GM

Quote:
ds
The Real GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 03:34 PM   #11
The Real GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real GM
ds
"That deal would be great, but it doesn't match up salary-wise. The Spurs should target Al Harrington in a sign and trade. They should agree in priciple and trade Brent Barry, Matt Bonner, and Eric Williams/Fabrico Oberto. This trade would have to wait until the end of the summer, because Bonner and Williams were recently traded. This would enable you to sign Al Harrington for about 8 million. Harrington stated that he wants to play on a winning team after two abysmal losing seasons on Atlanta. If you're lucky you could get him at discount. He would be your stating power forward and you would move Duncan to the center, where he would have played his whole career if David Robinson wasn't there when he was drafted. The Spurs said they were to slow for Dallas after losing in the playoffs. They don't want two post players, hints why I proposed this deal. This would modernize their lineup. Harrington is quicker then most power forwards and can also guard wing players. Today, most power forwards play facing the basket (Harrington), while most centers play with their back to the basket (Duncan). Harrington would accept this deal in a heartbeat. Next, you hold on too Scola's rights and offer him decent sized contract next year. I've seen him in the Olympics and he's one of the best international players. He is a post player and rugged rebounder. He would back up Harrington and Duncan and fits the Spurs' style of play. Harrington and Scola would be great replacements for the Spurs' aging role players. With these moves the Spurs would definately win the title.
The Real GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 12:31 AM   #12
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real GM
"That deal would be great, but it doesn't match up salary-wise. The Spurs should target Al Harrington in a sign and trade. They should agree in priciple and trade Brent Barry, Matt Bonner, and Eric Williams/Fabrico Oberto. This trade would have to wait until the end of the summer, because Bonner and Williams were recently traded. This would enable you to sign Al Harrington for about 8 million. Harrington stated that he wants to play on a winning team after two abysmal losing seasons on Atlanta. If you're lucky you could get him at discount. He would be your stating power forward and you would move Duncan to the center, where he would have played his whole career if David Robinson wasn't there when he was drafted. The Spurs said they were to slow for Dallas after losing in the playoffs. They don't want two post players, hints why I proposed this deal. This would modernize their lineup. Harrington is quicker then most power forwards and can also guard wing players. Today, most power forwards play facing the basket (Harrington), while most centers play with their back to the basket (Duncan). Harrington would accept this deal in a heartbeat. Next, you hold on too Scola's rights and offer him decent sized contract next year. I've seen him in the Olympics and he's one of the best international players. He is a post player and rugged rebounder. He would back up Harrington and Duncan and fits the Spurs' style of play. Harrington and Scola would be great replacements for the Spurs' aging role players. With these moves the Spurs would definately win the title.

SHUT THE HELL UP.....you guys are not wining any title this year??? go to europe and play with eva and tony......
Old 07-09-2006, 10:14 PM   #13
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
SHUT THE HELL UP.....you guys are not wining any title this year??? go to europe and play with eva and tony......
What the fucck are you doing in other teams' forums, man?

How are you going to try to call me out in the Laker forum, but you're posting in this one?

Fuccking idiot.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:27 PM   #14
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
What the fucck are you doing in other teams' forums, man?

How are you going to try to call me out in the Laker forum, but you're posting in this one?

Fuccking idiot.

you are one too......idiot...what u are following my posts and replys or what?
Old 07-10-2006, 06:31 PM   #15
dmenzion
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrodriguez6630
[b]R.C. Buford knows how to wheel and deal in situations like this..You really should do your homework before running your dumbass mouth! It is inevitable that the San Antonio Spurs Championship Legacy will continue for years to come. See you @ the 06-07 Finals BEEYAATCH!!

its kewl i mean i still respect the spurs but i mean, i aint gonna support them over my suns...sure spurs will win 1 or 2 more in the next 5 yrs.
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: