Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 06-04-2006, 11:56 AM   #16
Spurs3
Kids at the park dunk on me

Spurs3 has an OK reputation so far

vc

i was wrong that i said the nets would beat teh heat though i said shaq and wade wernt themselves in game 1 and you disagreed with me.

duncan should be healthy next season. with him leading the spurs we will have a much better chance to go to finals again.
Spurs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:05 PM   #17
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Spurs are going to be fine. We're just borrowing the western conference finals trophy for a season. We'll fight it out next season.

As long as the Spurs have Duncan and Pop they can never be counted out.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:05 PM   #18
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Any team with Time Duncan that used to have David Robinson is a favorite of mine. GO Spurs offseason!
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 01:30 PM   #19
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

I know the Spurs management is hard at work. In the mean time I will be pulling for the Mavs. Go AJ go!
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 01:38 PM   #20
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Spurs are nearing the end as the current group. Manu is aging. Parker is believing the hype and basically killed them in the playoffs, you play with Duncan you ****ing stupid little frenchman, Duncan is aging, hasnt shown in his game yet, but in the next couple of years he will enter a decline. Bowen is showing signs already. Barry, Horry and Finley are basically in suspended retirement.

Still my 2nd favourite team, but I can certainly sense the end of this era of being so good. Maybe Duncan gets hurt next year and they land Oden? Thats been the way of the Spurs as long as I can remember, with a great big man.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 02:31 PM   #21
TheSick1
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TheSick1 has an OK reputation so far

I find it funny how people can say Duncan is aging and very soon will be on the decline.

The one's people should worry about when they reach the early thirty's and assuming they will go soon decline are PG's, SG's, and SF's....by that time they have a bad time keeping up with the younger youth at those positions, they can not elevate for a jump shot as they once did, stop being mobile enough to where their first step can still beat someone off the dribble, and of course the knee's.....

Duncan is a finese player. Duncan keeps himself in shape and takes care of his body very well. He has never been a high flying bigman or strictly perimeter oriented.....he will still remain for years to come. Most big men do not even begin to dominate until their early thirty's. Let's look back at the last two big men who won titles before Duncan. Hakeem and Shaq who won titles in their thirties I believe....and look at Shaq....he's back again.....

Manu Ginobili......I don't know if I see him playing after this Spurs contract to be honest....the guy is so reckless, driven, and a warrior.....sooner or later all that will catch up to him.....

Tony Parker....guy is only 23.....All-Star.....averaged about 21ppg in the playoffs.....he'll be fine....
TheSick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 02:39 PM   #22
Spurs3
Kids at the park dunk on me

Spurs3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSick1
I find it funny how people can say Duncan is aging and very soon will be on the decline.

The one's people should worry about when they reach the early thirty's and assuming they will go soon decline are PG's, SG's, and SF's....by that time they have a bad time keeping up with the younger youth at those positions, they can not elevate for a jump shot as they once did, stop being mobile enough to where their first step can still beat someone off the dribble, and of course the knee's.....

Duncan is a finese player. Duncan keeps himself in shape and takes care of his body very well. He has never been a high flying bigman or strictly perimeter oriented.....he will still remain for years to come. Most big men do not even begin to dominate until their early thirty's. Let's look back at the last two big men who won titles before Duncan. Hakeem and Shaq who won titles in their thirties I believe....and look at Shaq....he's back again.....

Manu Ginobili......I don't know if I see him playing after this Spurs contract to be honest....the guy is so reckless, driven, and a warrior.....sooner or later all that will catch up to him.....

Tony Parker....guy is only 23.....All-Star.....averaged about 21ppg in the playoffs.....he'll be fine....

nicely put.
Spurs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 02:49 PM   #23
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

Duncan will start to decline. His offense will be fine. But he is the anchor of that defense, take him away and they are a very average defensive team, Bowen is great and all, but he is even more likely to decline in the next year or 2 and outside of him, they dont have an above average defender, Manu makes plays but isnt a good defender. Hakeem, Shaq, Ewing and co all started declining on the defensive end when they hit their 30's, offensively he will be fine, but the Spurs are a very good defensive team because of Duncan and when he starts slowing thats the first thing that will go. See Webber, Shaq and Malone for recent examples(Malone got it back to a good level through hardwork but the defense went first). Duncan will still be the best player for at least 2 more years(barring injury) but in 2 years Howard should be there or he will have not reached the level he should, and Duncan's defensive skills(easily his most underrated skills) will start declining because they are more based on athletism.

As for the rest, Manu is already at that age where he should be declining, he has less wear and tear but he plays a painful style.

Bowen is already past the age where he should decline and is starting to become a bit of a modern Malone style ironman.

Horry, Finley, Barry are basically done.

Nazr has no guarentee of coming back.

Rasho is a BWS.

Quote:

Also shot them out of games, was the biggest reason they lost(outside of Dirk anyway), rode Duncan to that "All-Star" status and is just not a very good player. One of the most overrated guys going around.

Udrih is all that is left and he is solid, but he isnt keeping them afloat after Duncan and he isnt likely to make up for any decline in a couple of years.

Spurs should be good for a couple more years, they have an excellent coach, the best player in the league and some solid role players another of their biggest problems is that they have basically spent the last few drafts getting backups to Duncan instead of guys who can contribute as starters.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:00 PM   #24
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

And with that Parker comment, obviously he is a good player, but he isnt great like a lot of people seem to say and he isnt a top 10 PG. He is basically the luckiest guy in the league other than maybe Dwyane Wade or Bruce Bowen.

He is just Duncan's Derek Fisher.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:20 PM   #25
TheSick1
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TheSick1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Hakeem, Shaq, Ewing and co all started declining on the defensive end when they hit their 30's

No offense, Wog....but do you even know what you're talking about?

At 31, Shaq was still all second defensive team....
At 31, Hakeem was the only player in NBA history to have won MVP, Finals MVP and Defensive Player of the Year in the same season....
TheSick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:42 PM   #26
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

i don't think you need to start worrying about duncan declning just yet. Sure he'll have to adjust his game and play smarter (like he doesn't already play smart) but because the guy keeps in shape, he should last longer than shaq at the very least.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:59 PM   #27
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

SixerFan03 has an OK reputation so far

Like everyone keeps saying, you don't have to worry about the Spurs or Duncan. I think Duncan will have a very long career.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:46 PM   #28
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputationSsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

the offseason is going to be interesting. there will some necessary changes going on. we will find the missing pieces we are lacking and for the FIRST time adjust to the mavericks instead of the mavericks trying to adjust to us. my, how the tables have turned.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:01 PM   #29
Basketberry
I Hit Open Layups

Basketberry has an OK reputation so far

Hey, Ice! Nice new place you got going here.

I just wanted to stop by and say Hi. Is it October yet?
Basketberry is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: