Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 10-26-2006, 11:55 PM   #16
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
People who speak big words are asking to be insulted.
"Big words?"

First of all you conveniently took them out of context. I was asserting that defense is all about fundamentals and effort, regardless of talent, and NBA players need to learn these fundamentals instead of just handchecking all the time. I then brought up a personal example: the years of effort, studying tape, getting owned over and over and over and over again and bouncing right back up, the years of training to become a good defensive player due to pure hard work and fundamentals, and after all that time, YES, I take pride in it. I have a right to. I've worked at it. I play OUT OF MY MIND HARD on defense, and yes, I'm pretty damn good at it. That's a fact. I never said anything else. I didn't say I could do it in the NBA. I didn't say I was a good basketball player even. I just said I'm a good, fundamental defender, I can play with anyone, and if I can, so can anyone in the NBA so they're out of excuses. Those are not big words. And if they are... fine. Ive earned them. Bite me.

Could you beat me one on one? Maybe. Probably. I do my best work in a 5 on 5 setting. One on one I am shaky. You'll probably kick my ass. You're probably better than me at most things. And I don't really take myself seriously on offense anymore. All I know is that I get picked over much better overall players in pickup because nobody wants me guarding them.

I'm not the best... I know that. Lame topic. Lookin for something to hate.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:55 PM   #17
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

BTW a little after u made this thread he specified and said D3 recruits so that may be a little more legit.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:57 PM   #18
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

btw, what would discussing it do?
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:58 PM   #19
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

LOL.

Quote:
People who speak big words are asking to be insulted.

Translation:

Dont use big words because i am still at a 3rd grade vocabulary level.

JSub u still stuck on that first hardy boys book huh?

Last edited by Hawker : 10-27-2006 at 12:09 AM.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:58 PM   #20
Señor Cedric
why live??

Señor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
BTW a little after u made this thread he specified and said D3 recruits so that may be a little more legit.

JSub is an idiot, don't worry about it. He loves Green Day and has an attack on every poster at some stage.
Señor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:09 AM   #21
Hawker
Banned

wow that was a nice 9 min. hiatus away from ISH.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:15 AM   #22
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
LOL.

Translation:

Dont use big words because i am still at a 3rd grade vocabulary level.

JSub u still stuck on that first hardy boys book huh?

Look at this kid. Another failed attempt at talking smack to me.

Personally, I've got nothing against GeeWiz since he's one of the more respected posters on this board, but I cant let bullsht like this fly. I realize now that you werent being serious, but it was still something outlandish to claim about yourself.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:21 AM   #23
Targus™
Good college starter

Jsub, why do you care what he says though, bro?
Old 10-27-2006, 12:25 AM   #24
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Personally, I've got nothing against GeeWiz since he's one of the more respected posters on this board, but I cant let bullsht like this fly. I realize now that you werent being serious,
I wasn't trying to sound like the God of Basketball, but I was being serious in the context of my original argument.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:26 AM   #25
joewait
National High School Star

joewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cool

defense is about way more than effort and hustle. The best defenders are generally the best athletes and have the most natural talent ie lateral movement, timing, quickness.
joewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:53 AM   #26
JSub
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
Jsub, why do you care what he says though, bro?

I usually dont unless I read something ludacris thats makes me shake my head in disgust. But I know it was for sake of argument, so GeeWiz's statement is now water under the bridge. You should know your place, boy. There are way too many good basketball offensive and defensive players. You never hear the greats (whether local gym, street or even NBA) talk about their greatness. Everyone knows their names by watching their game, not their posts on an NBA forum.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:56 AM   #27
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

No one on this board can hold me in basketball... NO ONE.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 01:02 AM   #28
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
I usually dont unless I read something ludacris thats makes me shake my head in disgust. But I know it was for sake of argument, so GeeWiz's statement is now water under the bridge. You should know your place, boy. There are way too many good basketball offensive and defensive players. You never hear the greats (whether local gym, street or even NBA) talk about their greatness. Everyone knows their names by watching their game, not their posts on an NBA forum.

As annoying as geewiz can be, I bet he can spell ludicrous correctly and not the way a rapper does Stop trying to sound like some superior intellect to the kid
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 01:04 AM   #29
Targus™
Good college starter

lol i thought thats how you spelled it, too.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:07 AM   #30
JSub
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
As annoying as geewiz can be, I bet he can spell ludicrous correctly and not the way a rapper does Stop trying to sound like some superior intellect to the kid

I am a superior intellect compared to the kid. I petition to change the dictionary spelling of ludicrous to ludacris b/c it has more social impact and has more aesthetic appeal.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: