Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-27-2006, 04:22 AM   #1
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool
Default Almost Had Kevin Garnett

Quote:
I work for the Clippers, do not worry I am a die hard Lakers fan, I was talking to a Andy Roser, Clippers Vp, and he told me that Lakers had kg last season right before the deadline!! The deal was Odom, Bynum, 1 pick, and a fillers bringing back KG, it also involved new york. This is before they traded for Francis, odom would have gone to NYC, Marbury, Frye, Bynum, fillers to Twolves. Deal was done. Jerry Buss called Kobe and told him that we have KG! Then New york pulled out to get francis instead, because Isiah wanted to keep Frye or get Bynum. In addition, this deal is what stopped us from getting Artest.

This is shocking news to me. Because I heard a deal could have been done. But I never knew or even thought that we were that close.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 04:51 AM   #2
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Does this dude have any credibility whatsoever. dont believe anything you hear...
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 04:52 AM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

we would have given up wayyyyyy too much especially with the way Bynum and Odom have been playing. And we wouldnt have gotten farmar.

This would have sucked ass if we got garnett.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:13 AM   #4
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i'd trade odom & bynum for KG any day
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:44 AM   #5
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sorry guys, this one is an urban legend... it has no credibility.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:31 AM   #6
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

I'd trade anybody except Kobe for KG, these two would be
phenomenal together. Free agents would take pay cuts to
join them. And what an example they would set in practice!!!
Try another route Mitch!!!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 01:14 PM   #7
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far

well if the quote is made-up then it definitely wasnt typed by cool.......if anyone has read his STUPID jokes they would know that he is not capable of this correct writing style
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 01:48 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Sorry guys, this one is an urban legend... it has no credibility.

Even if it wasn't true I wouldnt trade away three of our most valuable Role players to get 1 superstar thats gonna retire in a few minutes. Thats Bynum, Odom, and farmar all gone and theyre 3 potential stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
i'd trade odom & bynum for KG any day

Would you also add the first pick that got us our best pg since van exel?

Do you guys realize what we are giving up here?
Old 10-27-2006, 04:13 PM   #9
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Does this dude have any credibility whatsoever. dont believe anything you hear...

It was on another forum. And it seemed pretty credible. And I think it is pretty true. Why would somebody just lie about that?
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:18 AM   #10
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Guy's sometimes it seem we will give up the world to win another championship. Why do we need KG? I quess everybody would say championship now. Question: Lets say we get KG tomorrow and after two years no championship then, what we you be saying then. (to be honest everybody would try to blame Mitch) I would like to put my money on LO,Bynum and Farmer even if I have to wait 2-3 years for possible 2-3 rings. To tell you the truth we sound like the New York Yankees. Smart moves are better then quick decision sometime thats why we have Farmer soon to be a star.

Go Lakers.....
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 03:08 AM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
Guy's sometimes it seem we will give up the world to win another championship. Why do we need KG? I quess everybody would say championship now. Question: Lets say we get KG tomorrow and after two years no championship then, what we you be saying then. (to be honest everybody would try to blame Mitch) I would like to put my money on LO,Bynum and Farmer even if I have to wait 2-3 years for possible 2-3 rings. To tell you the truth we sound like the New York Yankees. Smart moves are better then quick decision sometime thats why we have Farmer soon to be a star.

Go Lakers.....

I agree, You punk asses will blame mitch for any mistake and if we did get garnett but lost you guys would change ur mind and say "i never wanted him"

The lakers have a contending roster and we are still good with all these injurys....just imagine the depth with our guys back baby.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:25 PM   #12
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I agree, You punk asses will blame mitch for any mistake and if we did get garnett but lost you guys would change ur mind and say "i never wanted him"

The lakers have a contending roster and we are still good with all these injurys....just imagine the depth with our guys back baby.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:28 PM   #13
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

Ok.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:02 PM   #14
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thats "Mr. Punk Ass" to you buddy! LOL

Actually, I would not want to mortgage the farm to get KG or any other player. Blowing away the nucleus of a team has rarely, if ever worked. I have maintained that whoever the Lakers try to get, that the package does not include Odom or Kobe. And doing a multi-player trade with the core of the team makes no sense to me.

If the Lakers are ever to get KG, which may never be a reality, it would require a couple of things, such as KG demanding out of Minnesota and requesting the Lakers as his team to play for, as well as lining up an appropriate trade package for him.

Also, KG is not young, so you really don't want to blow up a team for him. You want to ADD him to the collective nucleus that has potential. That is what will give the Lakers a championship contending team. Add to the collective, don't blow it up.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:27 PM   #15
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

I agree. If we trade for Garnett we'll end up having the best 1-2 punch in the league by far but without a deep team, good role players, much less a 3rd option. It'll basically be: Try to win within 2 years or rebuild again, especially if the deal would include either Farmar or Bynum. I love the nucleus we have on this team right now, we are headed in the right direction, there's no need to make blockbuster trades to try to win now. We'll be contenders within 2 years. Now if the deal is Odom for Garnett straight up, that's a different story, but obviously won't work out financially.

Bottom line: We can't trade our young players (Bynum, Farmar) because they are our future.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: