Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 04:57 AM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Lakers Season Survey

Lets take a survey here and tally up the votes to see what we think as forum going into the season...One answer per question please

1. Who impressed you most this Preseason?

2. Biggest Disappointment in Preseason?

3. Other than Kobe and Odom, Who is the Lakers' Xfactor?

4. Best shooter not named Kobe?

5. Best Perimeter defender not named Kobe?

6. Offensive philosophy: More Run N Gun or Halfcourt sets

7. Besides Kobe..who would you give the last shot to when the game is on the line?

8. Will Odom make his first All Star appearance?

9. Do you think Bynum will ultimately grab the starting C spot despite Kwame and Mihm's return?

10. How many wins do we get this yr?
Under 40
40-44
45-48
49-52
53+

Lets get it going...

Votes will be gathered up and thread will be closed Oct 31st

Last edited by hotsizzle : 10-31-2006 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:02 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1. Bynum
2. Vladi
3. Bynum
4. Mo evans
5. Evans
6. 60% halfcourt 40% run n gun
7. LO
8. No
9. Yes
10. 49-52

Last edited by lakerfreak : 10-27-2006 at 05:05 AM.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:28 AM   #3
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

1.Turiaf
2. Vlad
3. Vlad
4. Cook
5. Evans
6. Run N Gun
7. Odom
8. No
9. No
10. 40-44. Maybe 45.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:43 AM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1. Farmar
2. Cook
3. I want to say Kwame, but I have not seen enough of him since he got hurt.
4. Cook
5. Evans
6. Halfcourt
7. Odom
8. Damn dude, hard question, but I say "no" not because I dont think he will deserve it but because its voted by the fans.
9. Yes, very possibly by next season.
10. 45-48 wins
Old 10-27-2006, 10:52 AM   #5
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

1. Bynum
2. RadMan
3. Walton
4. Cook
5. Mo Evans
6. R&G
7. LO7 or Cook
8. Not in the west
9. Not this year
10. 45-48
Old 10-27-2006, 01:28 PM   #6
schyza
High School Starter

schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation

1. Who impressed you most this Preseason? Bynum I had high hopes for him but also thought he was still young and would probably need a year or 2 more to get to were he is now.

2. Biggest Disappointment in Preseason? Vladrad I know he is a good shooter and once Kobe is drawing the doubles he should get some easier looks then he is getting now but still disappointing to watch as of right now.

3. Other than Kobe and Odom, Who is the Lakers' Xfactor? Kwame I think if he can keep that determination that he has been showing since the playoffs last year and if he stays serious about wanting to hit the 15/10 mark like the card he is carrying states he can be that missing link.

4. Best shooter not named Kobe? Vladrad once he heals and once Kobe is back on the floor I think he will turn out to be our best shooter.

5. Best Perimeter defender not named Kobe? This is a toss up I have really been impressed with Evans, Farmar, Parker and even Sasha the 1st 3 seem to be able to play the passing lanes and get steals Sasha just irritates his opponents I thinks we defiantly need to learn when to and when not to go for the steal.

6. Offensive philosophy: More Run N Gun or Halfcourt sets? Depends on who were playing we should always want to control the tempo example opening night we should run a half court offence (why?) because the Suns run and gun and are dam good at it so we should slow them down to a half court game and pound the ball inside and expose there weak front line Bynum played very well against them and Odom has proved he can out play the Matrix when he feels so inclined.

7. Besides Kobe. Who would you give the last shot to when the game is on the line? Most likely Odom but depends on who has the hot hand it could be different if say Vlad has gone 7-8 from 3 pt land I might want him to have it.

8. Will Odom make his first All Star appearance? I would love to see him go to the AS game if he uses his son’s tragedy to motivate him he could but in 7 years he hasn’t so I am not so optimistic on this one.

9. Do you think Bynum will ultimately grab the starting C spot despite Kwame and Mihm's return? I think it all depends on what Kwame and Mihm we see come back if Bynum keeps up his play that he has shown against the Suns and Nuggets they might be coming off the bench till they get back in game form since Bynum is in great shape right now and playing great ball.

10. How many wins do we get this yr? 49-52 I think we can pull this off with our improved chemistry and added depth
Old 10-27-2006, 02:59 PM   #7
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

1] Andrew Bynum. Thought he was a bust or it would take him 3-4 more years due to big men developing later then sooner, but have to love what he showed during the preseason.

2] Vladimir Radmanovic.

3] If Farmar starts, then him, but if not then Andrew Bynum.

4] Sasha Vujacic.

5] Jordan Farmar

6] Half-Court, feed the ball to Bynum!

7] Jordan Farmar. He messed up in the pre-season against my Clippers ;), but the man is clutch. I'd know from my UCLA days, just watch the game against Gonzaga when Morrison broke into tears.

8] No, West has too many F's who are better and will be ahead of him. I mean, if Melo struggles to get in, how will Odom?

9] Yes, Bynum should keep the starting job, although not play starters minutes.

10] 45-48. Lakers did improve, but so did the rest of the West. In fact, I'm putting down a straight answer of 46.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:03 PM   #8
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Kobe4MVP has an OK reputation so far

1. Who impressed you most this Preseason? Farmar

2. Biggest Disappointment in Preseason? Pinnock

3. Other than Kobe and Odom, Who is the Lakers' Xfactor? Luke Walton

4. Best shooter not named Kobe? Cookie

5. Best Perimeter defender not named Kobe? Mo Evans

6. Offensive philosophy: More Run N Gun or Halfcourt sets Depends who's on the floor, but with the recent rule changes Run N' Gun is the way to go

7. Besides Kobe..who would you give the last shot to when the game is on the line? Mo Evans

8. Will Odom make his first All Star appearance? No

9. Do you think Bynum will ultimately grab the starting C spot despite Kwame and Mihm's return? Not this year

Under 40
40-44
45-48
49-52
53+
Old 10-27-2006, 04:23 PM   #9
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

1. Andre Bynum
2. Shammond
3. Vlad
4. Vlad if he plays to his full potential
5. Evans
6. Run'n and gun if our small lineup is out there but when our starting lineup is out there more halfcourt sets.
7. Vlad
8. Yes
9. Yes by the middle of the season bynum will be starting for us.
10. 45-48
Old 10-27-2006, 08:05 PM   #10
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Kurt Rambis

Pinnock

any/every low-post player

Cook

Evans

Small-ball

7. Besides Kobe..who would you give the last shot to when the game is on the line?
good question...Cook?

yes.

9. Do you think Bynum will ultimately grab the starting C spot despite Kwame and Mihm's return?
not this year.

49-52
Old 10-27-2006, 08:48 PM   #11
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

1. Who impressed you most this Preseason? Farmar

2. Biggest Disappointment in Preseason? Radman

3. Other than Kobe and Odom, Who is the Lakers' Xfactor? Radman

4. Best shooter not named Kobe? Cook

5. Best Perimeter defender not named Kobe? Evans

6. Offensive philosophy: More Run N Gun or Halfcourt sets-Halfcourt sets

7. Besides Kobe..who would you give the last shot to when the game is on the line? Odom

8. Will Odom make his first All Star appearance? No

9. Do you think Bynum will ultimately grab the starting C spot despite Kwame and Mihm's return? Yes

10. How many wins do we get this yr? 49-52
Old 10-28-2006, 01:49 AM   #12
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

1. Bynum
2. Vladi
3. Brown
4. Evans
5. Evans
6. 40% run and 60% half court
7. Nobody (Sorry guys)
8. Yes
9. Yes
10. 49-52
Old 10-28-2006, 03:41 AM   #13
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Lets take a survey here and tally up the votes to see what we think as forum going into the season...One answer per question please

Under 40
40-44
45-48
49-52
53+

Lets get it going...

Votes will be gathered up and thread will be closed right before the TipOff of the NBA Season

1. Bynum
2. Radman
3. Bynums proving it
4. Either Cook or Sasha
5. Odom
6. Run N Gun
7. Luke Walton
8. No, theres too much skill in the west. He'll be close, but unless he gets 17-20 10 and 5... count on it
9. Kids got game.. what can i say?Hell Yeah
Old 10-28-2006, 06:45 PM   #14
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation

[ANSWERS ] & [ BRIEF COMMENTS]

(1.Baby Boy Bynum) --- As expected given the opportunity he's lookin' solid.

(2. Radman )--- Unfortunately due to his injury he hasn't shot well.

(3. Kwame) --- Being the Lakers center comes w/responsibilties of being great.

(4. Cookie )--- Though rad will most likely succeed Cook given his reputation I can't judge on something I haven't seen yet.

(5. Vujacic) --- Though Sasha's an aggressive all around defender he does have a tendency to committ silly fouls. Mo will most likely succeed Sasha by ASB.

(6. Halfcourt sets) --- Implementing the triangle is most suitable to our Phil_osophy based on our nucleus in players.

(7. Odom ) --- Aside from being long and athletic Odom who controls the boards can also push it up court thus creating his own shot all in the same sequence.

(8. You bet cha') --- I been preping Odom up all summer long w/the possibilities of him finally becoming an A.S. in his 8th year. He also has the intermotives within himself to drive him to that status.

(9. Not Quite )--- Let's not get ahead of ourselves Bynum will make the most of it but interms of competing w/veterans who have been legitimate centers in the NBA for 5 and 6 years respectively. Bynum as a 19 year old w/out ever playing collegiant ball has no advantage yet over Kwame & Mihm atleast not in his 2nd year.

(10. 45-48 wins)-- Due to our key players still recovering from injuries I had to scale back on my initial thoughts of winning 49-52 games, besides living here in Vegas have tempted me to place a wager on my Lakers to win 43+ games so aslong as they cover the 43+wins I'll be a happy camper towards the end of April.

Last edited by *LAKERS_3_PETE* : 10-28-2006 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-29-2006, 04:56 PM   #15
jan803
High school junior varsity star

jan803 has an OK reputation so far

1. Who impressed you most this Preseason? FARMAR!!!!!!!!!! bynum must be acknowledged though as another laker who has impressed. luke has stepped up too. evans is a great addtion too. nice that there's been players who is showing they will contribute during the season. it's very exciting to be a lakers' fan this season.

2. Biggest Disappointment in Preseason? devin green

3. Other than Kobe and Odom, Who is the Lakers' Xfactor? kwame

4. Best shooter not named Kobe? sasha…for this survey. cook is a VERY close second

5. Best Perimeter defender not named Kobe? evans. he's been a pleasant surprise!

6. Offensive philosophy: More Run N Gun or Halfcourt sets. half court sets overall. it's nice when farmar and luke are on the floor though. they do run n gun...and they're fun to watch too.

7. Besides Kobe..who would you give the last shot to when the game is on the line? sasha

8. Will Odom make his first All Star appearance? no. too much competition at his position.

9. Do you think Bynum will ultimately grab the starting C spot despite Kwame and Mihm's return? this season, no. however, he will get starts when needed.

Under 40
40-44
45-48
...this one!
49-52
53+
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread