Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-08-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
Mihmus
Banned

Mihmus has decent reputation
Default If the Saints finish with 13+ wins but fail to win the Superbowl..

Will people consider this a choke? Since this is one of the greatest(if not, THE greatest) Saints teams of all time, I'm not sure how. I don't think that they'll beat the Colts should they meet in the Superbowl. What do you think?
Mihmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:30 PM   #2
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: If the Saints finish with 13+ wins but fail to win the Superbowl..

They have a pretty good defense too. They're not exactly the greatest show on turf, as much as the Rams used to be, but they have a comparable defense to those teams. With that being said, what makes you think the Colts will get there? They have actually held serve once out of the 20 years Peyton Mannings been leading them through the playoffs. I fully expect them to lose to the Chargers again at home, when the seasons on the line.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:31 PM   #3
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

No.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:31 PM   #4
Butters
Speed Demon

Butters has an OK reputation so far

Dude,they have been the Aint's for a looong time.There fans need to be happy and proud at where they are right now,no more paper bags.

If they make it to the SB and lose,they still have a ton to be proud of.No choke imo.
Butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:44 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I dont think you have a clue what choke implies.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:47 PM   #6
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I know what choke implies...

and if he Saints are the cream of the crop in the NFC, and lose in the playoffs at home, then there is no question that some people will view that as a choke job...

it is the people that call every single Dallas loss of the season a "choke" tht don't know what it implies...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:52 PM   #7
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Well, if the Saints go out and proceed to miss an extra point snap and it costs them a chance to win the game, then it's rightfully a choke.

If Brees goes out and throws four picks and is the main reason they lose, it'll be considered a choke on his part.

But if they just go out and lose a tough game agaisnt a quality team? No choke.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:57 PM   #8
mbell75
Another title in LA :)

mbell75 is considered somewhat coolmbell75 is considered somewhat coolmbell75 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihmus
Will people consider this a choke? Since this is one of the greatest(if not, THE greatest) Saints teams of all time, I'm not sure how. I don't think that they'll beat the Colts should they meet in the Superbowl. What do you think?

You mean like the Cavs winning 66 games and not even making the Finals? Do you consider that a choke? How about when this years Cavs win 60 games and dont win a title? Will you consider them chokers again?
mbell75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:58 PM   #9
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

I would be disappointed if we lost the Superbowl, if we got there. But it would still be incredible. Either way I'll be in Miami if we get there.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:47 AM   #10

I wouldn't consider it a choke. The Patriots choked. 13 wins and no superbowl is not that crazy.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:25 AM   #11
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Even if they do go 13-3, I don't think most people would have them winning it all anyway.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:49 AM   #12
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wouldnt call it a choke. There are 13 win teams that fail in the NFL playoffs almost every year.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: