Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Josh Freeman to start at QB for Buccaneers this weekend

The AP reports:

Josh Freeman wiped the sweat off his forehead, took a deep breath and answered another question about taking over the offense of the only team yet to win a game in the NFL this season.

Ready or not, the 17th overall pick in this year's draft will make his first start Sunday, facing the Green Bay Packers on a day when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will reflect on the past while looking to the future.

The Bucs drafted Freeman, hoping he wouldn't have to play as a rookie. Veteran Byron Leftwich led the team for three weeks before second-year pro Josh Johnson was given the first four starts of his career.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:24 PM   #2
GreatGreg
College star

Default Re: Josh Freeman to start at QB for Buccaneers this weekend

That's pretty good to hear. Glad the Buccaneers are giving this guy a chance.
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #3
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

It's been expected since the season started and I'm pretty sure all Bucs fans have been waiting for it. Freeman is our QB of the future, and with a playoff spot now too far out of reach, it's time to see if he can shine some light on this season and give the city of Tampa Bay something to look forward to going into next season (aside from a high draft pick).
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:29 PM   #4
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

As one of the only Bucs fans on this board, I gotta say, I don't think he's our QBOTF. I like Josh Johnson a lot better. Freeman was the 6th best QB in his conference in college, I don't know why he'd be a franchise QB in the NFL. I think we mostly picked him b/c he and Raheem were together at KState. Raheem won't be here any longer than this season either.

I really hope Freeman does well, but I just don't think it'll happen.

We're also be rocking the throwback creamsicles this week vs GB. Also inducting Lee Roy Selmon in the the Bucs' Ring of Honor.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:22 AM   #5
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

Im glad we finally made this move, we are going nowhere and this will give Freeman some experience and hopefully bring us the 1st pick.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #6
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

The Packers D better abuse them this week. If they dont have a huge fantasy day I will be very pissed.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #7
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

How many Bucs fans are on this website? I thought I was the only one. I've never seen anyone talk about the Bucs or anything.

I think this week, the Carolina game and the Jets games are the only shots we have to get a win this season. And like I said earlier, i don't think Freeman's the answer. I HOPE he is, but I just don't see it.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:42 PM   #8
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
As one of the only Bucs fans on this board, I gotta say, I don't think he's our QBOTF. I like Josh Johnson a lot better. Freeman was the 6th best QB in his conference in college, I don't know why he'd be a franchise QB in the NFL. I think we mostly picked him b/c he and Raheem were together at KState. Raheem won't be here any longer than this season either.

I really hope Freeman does well, but I just don't think it'll happen.

We're also be rocking the throwback creamsicles this week vs GB. Also inducting Lee Roy Selmon in the the Bucs' Ring of Honor.

Josh Johnson is awful.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:11 PM   #9
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

Quote:
How many Bucs fans are on this website? I thought I was the only one. I've never seen anyone talk about the Bucs or anything.

I think this week, the Carolina game and the Jets games are the only shots we have to get a win this season. And like I said earlier, i don't think Freeman's the answer. I HOPE he is, but I just don't see it.

Yeah im a Bucs fan, I dont see us beating Carolina as they are starting to get their running game back and our run d is horrible and I don't no how you think we can beat the Jets.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:45 PM   #10
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Josh Johnson is awful.
Tell me, how many games have you watched of him play? Or do you just look at stats?

Stick to the NBA Forum, b/c your knowledge of the NFL is whats "awful"

Thanks
Old 11-06-2009, 11:47 PM   #11
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Easy8
Yeah im a Bucs fan, I dont see us beating Carolina as they are starting to get their running game back and our run d is horrible and I don't no how you think we can beat the Jets.

I didn't say we ARE going to beat them. I merely said they are our easiest chances to get a win. And even then, like I said, I still don't think we'll get a win. Do you think we have better shot to get a win vs NO or ATL? Or do you think our better chance is against Car/NYJ? That's what I was getting at.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:08 AM   #12
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

Quote:

I'm a Bucs fan. Thought I might have been alone, but it's good to see some others.

Quote:
Josh Johnson is awful.

He was a major upgrade over Byron Leftwich despite still not winning any games. He did show some positive signs but IMO isn't a starting quarterback in the league.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:48 AM   #13
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

so thats 3 of us bucs fans here? 2 more than i thought.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: