Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 12-12-2006, 06:19 AM   #31
BlondeBomber41
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BlondeBomber41 has an OK reputation so far

With a win next week we virtually lock up a playoff spot, with a loss we could be in some serious trouble. I am still 95% confident we will make the playoffs pretty easily. We wont lose to the Eagles or Lions in the last two games, or at least we shouldnt.
BlondeBomber41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 06:20 AM   #32
BlondeBomber41
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BlondeBomber41 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
once again the D shows how overrated it is.

they cant get a pass rush going and RoWill gets exposed in coverage fora at least 2 or 3 big plays every week.

play calling was weak again. come on Big Bill! you are playing against a prolific offense! why did you move away from the run so fast especially after it was working so well early on! you cant beat the Saints if you let their O on the field all day!

was he trying to see what Romos limits are?

I agree about the running game, we seemed to do really well running the ball to start the game, then they seemed to go away from it. Marion Barber was a virtual non factor in this game, and I dont believe he touched the ball in the first half.
BlondeBomber41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:09 PM   #33
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber41
We wont lose to the Eagles or Lions in the last two games, or at least we shouldnt.

Lions game should be a joke but the Eagles game still worries me a bit with Jeff Garcia playing great.

Right now, I am just trying to think of how Dallas can improve it's pass rush. Greg Ellis being hurt is really coming back to haunt them now. DeMarcus Ware is a decent pass rusher but nothing special. Ware is more of just a good linebacker who can occasionally get to the QB, not a pure pass rusher like uh...Shawn Merriman (although to Ware's credit, San Diego's defensive front is way better than Dallas'). Bobby Carpenter is a joke. He was a decent pass rusher in college but in the pros, he looks terrible. Still don't know why they drafted him. His ceiling isn't even that high. At best, he will just be a bit-player, getting a couple sacks a season, not making any Pro Bowls or anything. Spears and Canty have been disappointments. They looked like they had potential early on but they've been quiet recently. I'm hoping they're just in a sophomore slump because Dallas can't afford neither of those guys to not pan out. Ferguson is decent but there is little depth behind him at nose tackle. Definitely will have to be addressed in the offseason.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:54 AM   #34
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default ...

Quote:
Marion Barber was a virtual non factor in this game, and I dont believe he touched the ball in the first half.

pretty sure you are right on that.

Parcells is slowly slipping into setting his players up to fail. AGAIN!
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:45 AM   #35
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

just lost to the lions

Now we go to seattle and try to let Hasselbeck get 5 tds on us

we'll win
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:03 PM   #36
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

It's not pretty. Things aren't looking very good right now.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:55 PM   #37
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Season over.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:36 PM   #38
timmyD
I hit open layups

timmyD has an OK reputation so far

dont give up your hopes on the cowboys yet, if romo, which it is a 50/50 chance, plays like he did in the mid season, cowboys will win. the seahawks as well skidded into the playoffs as did we, and they have had the same season as we have baisically. they aernt thar great. we dont need TO to win this, if julius jones shows up we can do good against them. hopefully it wont come down to a FG =(
timmyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:42 PM   #39
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

2006 season over and the game that eliminates us symbolizes our whole season. we are good enuf and nothing beats us but ourselves
Old 01-07-2007, 12:00 AM   #40
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
2006 season over and the game that eliminates us symbolizes our whole season. we are good enuf and nothing beats us but ourselves

Sizzle, explain to me again how you beat yourselves against the Saints! :)
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:54 AM   #41
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
Sizzle, explain to me again how you beat yourselves against the Saints! :)

that was an exception. and eagles the second time too. what a heartbreaking season, at least its gone now....and hopefully so is parcells
Old 01-07-2007, 01:35 AM   #42
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

haha Romo
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 05:10 AM   #43
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

Embarrassing. Romo needs to tear the league apart next season to redeem himself. He is the QB for the Cowboys though, he's earned it and at least, for the first time in years, the Cowboys exit the season and enter the offseason with certainty at the QB position. The only thing I have a problem with is people think he is going to be the next Tom Brady or Brett Favre and that's just not a fair comparison. The next Jake Delhomme, Matt Hasselbeck is a better prediction of his potential and quite frankly, there's nothing wrong with that. Some fans are so eager for greatness from the Cowboys' QB position due to their franchise QB history that they have far-fetched aspirations for Tony Romo.

Last edited by LiL Stevie : 01-07-2007 at 05:19 AM.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:59 AM   #44
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Stevie, Galloway has been comparing Romo to Delhomme all along. Nice call on that one.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:23 PM   #45
hamburgerbuddy33
I airball my layups

hamburgerbuddy33 has no real reputation yet.

**** tony romo that mother****er!!!!!
romo kiss my ass you ****ing *****
hamburgerbuddy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: