Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-27-2006, 10:20 AM   #1
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Vlad-Rad Hand Injury - Surgery Needed?

From hoopsworld dot com:

In the Los Angeles Daily News: "Lakers forward Vladimir Radmanovic has taken an average of 300 three-pointers a season and established himself as one of the NBA's most dangerous long-distance shooters. When Radmanovic fires away this season, however, it could come with a piece of foam taped between the ring finger and pinky on his shooting hand. Radmanovic has a torn ligament in his shooting hand that likely will require surgery this summer. He will try to find a way to play through the injury, which is expected to bother him all season. "It's frustrating, especially as a shooter," Radmanovic said. "Your right hand is your biggest weapon and you've got it messed up. I'll just have to find different ways to score and help this team win."
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:26 AM   #2
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default RadMan

There wasn't much discussion of having the surgery now....why go
a whole season "testing" it? Have the surgery now, be healthy in
a few months.....come back as the 6th man and work hard to get
that starting job back.... I hope they considered this.
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 01:57 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Fire Brian Shaw,

He ****ed up our chances to getting a great dangerous player. Now we might not win the championship untill this guy can actually shoot again as last night he shot some airballs

Seriously though. Im pissed, Brian Shaw is an ******* for trying to swat a guy a lot bigger than him.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 02:20 PM   #4
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Have the surgery now, why try to play through it and risk getting it hurt more when we have locked up for 5 YEARS...
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:00 PM   #5
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Kobe4MVP has an OK reputation so far

I don't know about doing it right now, but maybe when we get some of our other injured guys back we could consider it... for now though we need him just to have a body to put out there. While his shooting has struggled, he's a suprisingly good rebounder, he has a knack for tipping and getting to the ball, if he can't shoot he could possibly back up Odom at the 4 to begin the season since we're low on big guys at the moment, and then have the surgery in a month or so once we get Kwame and Chris back.
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 04:27 PM   #6
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Have the surgery now, why try to play through it and risk getting it hurt more when we have locked up for 5 YEARS...

He shoud have the surgery now. Because he will be healthy maybe by january or ferbuary and be healthy for us in the playoffs and done the stretch. Cause I would rather have him down the stretch playing at full strngth then at half strength. So he could help us out. So I say have the surgery now and get it out of the way.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:23 PM   #7
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Let Vladimir Radmanovic have surgery. Put him on the injury list. Sign either Luke Jackson or Zendon Hamilton.

Please, Los Angeles Lakers management, please don't have this guy injured needing surgery and have him sit on the bench with the excuse of needing this guy on the bench for veteran leadership??? Just let him have surgery and place him on the Injured Reserves List.

The Sacramento Kings have a ton of talent that they might cut. Louis Amundson and Pooh Jeter will probably look nice in purple and gold if they get cut.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:26 PM   #8
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hey folks,

I will say that ANY surgery is not as routine as we make it sound for the professional athletes. Surgery is a scary and invasive thing, so expecting our athletes to go under the knife immediately is not always fair. Often, it is fair to give it a chance to heal without getting cut.

I am facing a surgery in a couple of weeks for a sports injury, and I am totally not looking forward to it. I went through months of physical therapy just to try to avoid therapy.

So, I say exhaust all options first.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:00 AM   #9
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

I say get a second and third opinion and then decide. Sorry to say but is this the season all we will hear about is injuries to our lakers. Please say it want be true.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 02:40 AM   #10
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Hey folks,

I will say that ANY surgery is not as routine as we make it sound for the professional athletes. Surgery is a scary and invasive thing, so expecting our athletes to go under the knife immediately is not always fair. Often, it is fair to give it a chance to heal without getting cut.

I am facing a surgery in a couple of weeks for a sports injury, and I am totally not looking forward to it. I went through months of physical therapy just to try to avoid therapy.

Good luck on the surgery man.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 03:02 AM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I went through months of physical therapy just to try to avoid therapy.

So u went through therapy to avoid therapy?

HAHAHA..

jk lol

But good luck I too might have surgery on both knees
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:14 AM   #12
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation

Quote:
Hey folks,

You're absolutely right SoCalMike I had 2 surgeries done myself by 2 different Podiatrists 3 years ago due to having painful hammertoes in my left toes that I later suffered in life, and till this day I regret having the surgery done:stupid: cause now I'm not the same person that I once were. Although 75% of the excrutiating pain is gone after the 2nd surgery, unfortunately I still have to live w/the other 25% of the pain (Damn Doctors) . Though I can still walk normal (Barely), hooping it up w/the boyz at the park, and still jog (2 miles a day) 4 times a week I noticeably drag my left foot at times trying to favour it. My kid says when I try to favour my left foot I can be mistaken for that igor character in the way I walk LOL So take my advice guys speaking from experience don't get a surgery done on you unless you absolutely positively have to because you're never the same person after that.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:42 AM   #13
SoCalMike

Hey guys, thanks for the kind wishes... Its a couple of weeks away still. Hopefully I wont be away from this message board too long... haha

Sorry to hear your story *LAKERS_3_PETE*, but it certainly hits home and I feel for ya! As fans, we often forget that these players are people too, and quite honestly, I don't know if its worth $5 Million a year to live with chronic pain from a surgery gone wrong.

Anyway, we all hope that V-Rad's hand gets better on its own and fast, because its obvious that his shooting is being impacted by something (or he just plain sucks..lol).

Old 10-28-2006, 12:08 PM   #14
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation

Quote:
Hey guys, thanks for the kind wishes... Its a couple of weeks away still. Hopefully I wont be away from this message board too long... haha

Sorry to hear your story *LAKERS_3_PETE*, but it certainly hits home and I feel for ya! As fans, we often forget that these players are people too, and quite honestly, I don't know if its worth $5 Million a year to live with chronic pain from a surgery gone wrong.

Anyway, we all hope that V-Rad's hand gets better on its own and fast, because its obvious that his shooting is being impacted by something (or he just plain sucks..lol).

Thanks for your condolence SoCalMike although I'm limited to excessive exercising jogging , running and walking due to having floppy left toes I am thankful that I'm still healthy enough to jog and play the game I love(Thank God). The best thing that came out of all this is that a jogger like me have a handicap placard (first class parking everywhere I go including Laker games) till the year 2014 lol, what is this world coming to SsSsHh!
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:18 PM   #15
Kobe4life
Banned

Kobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

so what was the reason brian shaw even did that to vlad?
the dumbass shouldev done it on luke walton or something
Kobe4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: