Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-09-2009, 10:44 PM   #16
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Where has Carson Palmer repositioned himself among the elite QB's in the game?

Yes, Brees is one hell of a QB... but if you are thinking SuperBowl QBs Palmer > Brees.... Palmer is the type of QB when in the right position WILL get you a title.... no fluke... no bs... just raw QB that is SB caliber worthy... that is CP... please believe...
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:50 PM   #17
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Where has Carson Palmer repositioned himself among the elite QB's in the game?

Somebody ban this guy. Who makes this many posts consecutively talking about the same subject?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:53 PM   #18
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

I hate to brag but... what's Cincy's record VS the AFC North... LOL... and looks like Broncos might derail the Steelers....

Would the true AFC Champ PLEASE STAND UP!!!

Hello... who is there?

AFC West ... LOL... Chargers... blah
AFC East ... Pats... OK respect ... but a lock? No
AFC North... Bengals backyard... we OWN the AFC Norf
AFC South... Colts... contenders... Texans... well they pulled our card...

In the end... Bengals have a shot... beware the Bungals.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:53 PM   #19
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Somebody ban this guy. Who makes this many posts consecutively talking about the same subject?

LOL I've already been banned where it matters. At the office.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:55 PM   #20
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine

Considering the history of my franchise should I not be "pumped"??? why are you being a dick? ... I been pulling the Bungals for so long... don't we deserve something???????????
Old 11-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #21
Legend of Josh
Banned

Bengals VS Vikings SB

Old 11-09-2009, 11:01 PM   #22
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Glove_20, stick to fantasy sports.

Quote:
I don't put Brady and Brees on Peyton Mannings level. He's #1 imo. I think Brees is better then Brady too.

How is Brady not on Mannings level? Heck he's arguably better. And Brees better than Brady? Really no sound argument outside of I am a fan of Drew Brees.

Quote:
It comes down to how well you perform, not what you potentially can do with your skill set

He's shown that. Sorry he couldnt remain healthy. Perhaps if some a-hole didnt dive into his knee? You wouldnt be placing Big Ben/Rivers above him.

When he's healthy there arent many Qbs I'd take over him in any situation. Cutler and clutch seem to be like oil and water. He has however been nice in Chicago given the lack of a OL. Eli Manning folds like a lawn chair under pressure and Rodgers hasnt been bad but I'd like to see how he fares vs the defenses Carson faces.

But given how much of a dbag Josh is being I really dont care to defend Palmer anymore.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:03 PM   #23
TheGreatDeraj
Near-Life Experience

TheGreatDeraj has decent reputationTheGreatDeraj has decent reputation

Ben Roethlisburger > Carson Palmer

Steelers > Bengals

1.Peyton
2.Brady
3.Brees
4.Ben
5.Palmer

Eli, Rivers, Mcnabb etc.
TheGreatDeraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
as a Colts fan you should remember Manning tanking in the playoffs year after year before they finally broke through.

Apparently you don't.

the fact that Shaub or Brees are getting put above him when they haven't done **** in the playoffs either is ridiculous.

If Romo is nothing but empty stats, you can say exactly the same of Brees.

Not only playoffs but check his performance late in the season. The month of December the past 3 years. Lets be real or would you like me to tally up the numbers for ya? not defending Schaub but Drew Brees is clearly better in my eyes.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:33 PM   #25
GP_20
Glove

GP_20 has an OK reputation so far

GOBB thinks Palmer is better than Brees
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:48 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_20
GOBB thinks Palmer is better than Brees

Your only argument is stat related. You're a fantasy football fan, not an actual football fan. Like you said in a thread weeks ago "there is a difference". You're the same kid who wasnt sure how good Miles Austin was. You're the same kid who today right now still doesnt know. But based on FF numbers? Oh yeah he's pretty good. You're the NFL expert when you were asking fans about certain players FF related? And I challenged you how can you be an NFL expert but clueless about the players in the NFL? You said "GOBB the fans of these teams would know more than I do. I dont know the situations in Dallas, Philly. I dont watch these teams.". So what basis do you have in arguing 2 players outside of copying/pasting thier "stats" when I gurantee you can count on 1 hand how many times you've actually watched Brees play since he arrived in N.O?

But hey ignore all of that. Explain to me what makes Brees better than Palmer to the point its LAUGHABLE TO consider otherwise. Or should i expect you to plagarise some of the things Carbine posted in this thread? Come on NFL expert. This is where you show us your stuff. See you cant close your eyes and predict a winner here. You actually gotta break it down. Like always whenever i challenge you be it bball or football? you tuck your tail, repeat what you said with an emoticon. Then during the week, in the future you'll copy/paste my statement then place an emoticon.

*waits*
Old 11-09-2009, 11:55 PM   #27
GP_20
Glove

I don't even care that much about FF. I think you are confused.

I was asking about Mile Austin's Fantasy value, that's the part I didn't know. I know how good he is. But I didn't know how good he is in FF. You got it switched around. I know real life, not FF or stats, etc. And I was asking about how good he'd be in FF. Have I made my self clear now?

The reason I didn't know how good he is in FF is because I didn't know how the Dallas management valued him. I know he could play lights out. I knew that from preseason. I'm an expert. I see these things coming from a while back. I just didn't know if they would give him the Playing time. And thats what I was asking for when asking for his FF value.

Get it? You are clearly confused.
I know how good they are, I just don't know if he was going to get the playing time. And Dallas Fans, who have more access to the mind of the coach and team rumors, would know that. And thats why I was asking.

Otherwise, Mile Austin? I've known that guy was a beast for so long. Right when I first saw him, my expert senses told me he was good. I wasn't wrong.

I'll talk about Brees & Palmer some other day. Just wanted to clear your misunderstanding of my expert ability.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:59 PM   #28
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

1. You arent even gonna touch Carson Palmer vs Drew Brees. No shocker there

2. You are claiming to have known Miles Austin was a beast? You admitted in a thread you dont watch Dallas. So how did you know Austin was a beast for so long? Please by all means tell me that.

Such a bullshytter its not even funny. Played right into my trap.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:07 AM   #29
GP_20
Glove

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
1. You arent even gonna touch Carson Palmer vs Drew Brees. No shocker there

2. You are claiming to have known Miles Austin was a beast? You admitted in a thread you dont watch Dallas. So how did you know Austin was a beast for so long? Please by all means tell me that.

Such a bullshytter its not even funny. Played right into my trap.

I never said I never watched Dallas. Of course I've watched them. But not as much as a fan would. Thats also something you have created in your mind. Along with mixing things up, like I know FF and not real life. It was actually the exact opposite, I was asking for FF advice, and was confident in my real life knowledge. Not so confidnet with stats and FF. I've actually never posted a NFL stat.

I can even tell you where these mix-ups originated. In the NBA, I'm known to not watch games, and be good at fantasy basketball, know stats, etc. Well at least according to you. NFL is the exact opposite though GOBB.

Just clearing misunderstanding. Miles Austin, I knew he was a breakout player from preseason.

Last edited by GP_20 : 11-10-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:35 AM   #30
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1. the Romo hatred here is silly really...he has Carson dominated in every facet of the game...

2. how McNabb still get love here is also strange, dman near every Philly fan on the net is saying he is a washed up has-been...and his "has-been" was just a choker who choked so much he makes Romo look clutch...in fact, during the Super Bowl, he literally choked up vomit

3. It is also annoying who people use Romo's post season success as the reason he is not a good QB, then they go on to talk about how great QBs like Rodgers and Ryan and Shaub and River and Brees are...who haven't done sh*t in the post season either, yet somehow are much better than Romo even though their numbers aren't...

4. If Romo isn't in our top 10 "FOR THIS SEASON" then you are just a hater...PERIOD

5. Dallas has the #3 offfense in the NFL...without OWENS!!!...and without Roy playing that great...and Witten has low numbers...IT IS ROMO!!!...OPEN YOUR F*CKIN EYES!!!
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: