Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2009, 06:31 AM   #31
Butters
Speed Demon
 
Butters's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,464
Butters has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Where has Carson Palmer repositioned himself among the elite QB's in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm

Never mind Miles Austin turned Romo into a decent QB from what looked like was going to be a suckfest season...

fixt.
Butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:59 AM   #32
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,694
Carbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Where has Carson Palmer repositioned himself among the elite QB's in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
1. the Romo hatred here is silly really...he has Carson dominated in every facet of the game...

2. how McNabb still get love here is also strange, dman near every Philly fan on the net is saying he is a washed up has-been...and his "has-been" was just a choker who choked so much he makes Romo look clutch...in fact, during the Super Bowl, he literally choked up vomit

3. It is also annoying who people use Romo's post season success as the reason he is not a good QB, then they go on to talk about how great QBs like Rodgers and Ryan and Shaub and River and Brees are...who haven't done sh*t in the post season either, yet somehow are much better than Romo even though their numbers aren't...

4. If Romo isn't in our top 10 "FOR THIS SEASON" then you are just a hater...PERIOD

5. Dallas has the #3 offfense in the NFL...without OWENS!!!...and without Roy playing that great...and Witten has low numbers...IT IS ROMO!!!...OPEN YOUR F*CKIN EYES!!!


First of all, the hate for Romo is well deserved because he hasn't done jack when it matters. He hasn't won a playoff game in his life and was the main reason for both of those loses in the playoffs. He played like garbage down the stretch last year.

As far as your third point, really? Are you this ****ing stupid? Rivers is much more accomplished in the playoffs in that he's played well in playoff games before and actually led his team to victories. He played extremely well down the stretch last year to GET INTO the playoffs.

Brees has played well in the playoffs when he got there. He's never had a BAD game in the playoffs.

Romo was always in my top 10 I believe, but he was clearly behind the Peyton/Brady category, the Rivers/Ben/Brees category and at the lower end of the Rodgers/McNabb/Palmer category.

I also don't like the hate you give off on McNabb. He made five (or is it six?) conference finals in his time. His run to the superbowl was a great one on his part. Yeah he has had bad games in the playoffs, but the great Montana has a bunch of terrible playoff games as well.


Romo has been the biggest reason his team lost in the playoffs the two times he was there. So McNabb doesn't even come close to making Romo look clutch. McNabb has delievered in big games in the past whereas Romo has nothing on his resume.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:28 PM   #33
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 10,899
~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Where has Carson Palmer repositioned himself among the elite QB's in the game?

ISH is NFL retarded sometimes...I swear...

go to one site where 90% of the Eagle fans are claiming that Kolb is the answer and Mcnabb needs to leave, his time is up...come in here and people still have him ranked over Romo because...A MUFFED SNAP!!!...

/f*ckin facepalm




Dilfer > Marino
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:03 PM   #34
kentatm
NBA Legend
 
kentatm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 17,233
kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Where has Carson Palmer repositioned himself among the elite QB's in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
There is one big difference between Romo & Early Manning - Mannign didn't dog it in the big regular season games late in the year, and he actually won playoff games. He had three playoff games with ratings over 135 before he ever won a superbowl, and the year before the Colts won a superbowl he played very well against a great Pitt defense, but our offensive line let us down.

Romo has two total playoff games under his belt, right? And hasn't won a single game yet! He fumbled the snap against Seattle, and played like dog against the Giants.

Peyton was much more accomplished pre-superbowl in the post-season/big games than Romo is. So don't go there making that comparison.

Not really he wasn't. It took him until his 6th full season as a starter before he got a playoff win. Romo is only in his 4th year as a starter and just his 3rd full time.

Manning the year before he won his first playoff game got blown the hell out 41-0 in the playoffs. He was very pedestrian in the other games as well.

So yea, you CAN say early Romo is comparable.


Also, to say Romo is the biggest reason they lost those two games.... Man, you clearly didn't pay attention at all did you? That Giants game was DONE but Patrick Crayton drops a 30 yard pass with nobody around him in Giants territory that would have let them run the clock out and kick a FG and then the defense folded. Somehow its mainly Romo's fault they lost?

Then the Seattle game? Lets just ignore the fact that he should have not have even been the holder and NEVER will be again, the fact that he was able to lead them down the field in the first place or the fact that it was his first playoff game on the road as a dog where he was able to avoid turning the ball over. no it was ALL his fault.

Last edited by kentatm : 11-11-2009 at 06:16 PM.
kentatm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #35
kentatm
NBA Legend
 
kentatm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 17,233
kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Where has Carson Palmer repositioned himself among the elite QB's in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Not only playoffs but check his performance late in the season. The month of December the past 3 years. Lets be real or would you like me to tally up the numbers for ya? not defending Schaub but Drew Brees is clearly better in my eyes.


Romo was playing with a busted finger on his throwing hand on a team that was already disintegrating around him once he able to get back on the field. Yea he didn't play well but considering the circumstances I will give him a bit of a pass.
kentatm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #36
Legend of Josh
Banned
 
Legend of Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alch|e|mist
Posts: 10,231
Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Where has Carson Palmer repositioned himself among the elite QB's in the game?

Quote:
1. the Romo hatred here is silly really...he has Carson dominated in every facet of the game...

LOL

Wade Phillips and Jerry Jones both would swap Romo for a healthy Palmer without hesitation.

Romo doesn't have the psyche of a SuperBowl caliber QB... which is why he not-surprisingly folds come playoff time. The best QBs in the league play well under pressure (times/games when it matters most)... Romo is not one of them.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:29 PM   #37
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 10,899
~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Where has Carson Palmer repositioned himself among the elite QB's in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
LOL

Wade Phillips and Jerry Jones both would swap Romo for a healthy Palmer without hesitation.

Romo doesn't have the psyche of a SuperBowl caliber QB... which is why he not-surprisingly folds come playoff time. The best QBs in the league play well under pressure (times/games when it matters most)... Romo is not one of them.
you're an idiot if you think that is true...

Romo is Jerry's man...he would NOT trade him for ANY QB...not even Peyton or Brady...

and he sure as hell would trade Romo for a post sugery Palmer...no f*ckin way in hell...

as far as Romo's "psyche"...he is still young as hell...his mindset has been compared to Favre's numerous times, as Green bay fans...they are extremely similiar...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:01 AM   #38
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,694
Carbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Where has Carson Palmer repositioned himself among the elite QB's in the game?

How the **** is Romo young as hell? He's almost 30 years old you retard.

Quote:
Also, to say Romo is the biggest reason they lost those two games.... Man, you clearly didn't pay attention at all did you? That Giants game was DONE but Patrick Crayton drops a 30 yard pass with nobody around him in Giants territory that would have let them run the clock out and kick a FG and then the defense folded. Somehow its mainly Romo's fault they lost?

Then the Seattle game? Lets just ignore the fact that he should have not have even been the holder and NEVER will be again, the fact that he was able to lead them down the field in the first place or the fact that it was his first playoff game on the road as a dog where he was able to avoid turning the ball over. no it was ALL his fault.

If Romo gets that snap down instead of doing what he did, the team could've very well won the game... but he didn't get it down. No excuses. It's not like he played a great game to kinda make up for it, he fumbled the ball three times in that game.

The Giants game he played like dog. Don't even try to excuse that. Peyton has had a couple of those games in the playoffs and I wouldn't ever try to make it seem like he didn't play like ass. You have no reason to do so either.

A bad game is a bad game.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:12 AM   #39
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 10,899
~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Where has Carson Palmer repositioned himself among the elite QB's in the game?

his career is young...he was speaking of his "game psyche" you dumb f*ck...

take the stick out of your little tight ass and stop acting like you are some sort of NFL God around here with your childish little insults...

you might start to look a bit better by first removing your lips from Big Ben's testicles...that would be a start...

serioulsy, you really do need to relax and get over whatever the f*ck it is that causes you to turn dipsh*t on people...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:14 AM   #40
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 10,899
~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Where has Carson Palmer repositioned himself among the elite QB's in the game?

he is 29 anyway, which isn't exactly old either...he has plenty of years ahead to prove himself...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:20 AM   #41
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,694
Carbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Where has Carson Palmer repositioned himself among the elite QB's in the game?

I do feel like a god the way some of you talk about the game and evaluate things around here.

His career is young? That's what you mean when you say he's young?

You really think when he's 35 he'll "only" be 28 or something because he started late? The body doesn't give a **** how late you started - when you're almost 30, you're not ****ing young as hell as you put it.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:24 AM   #42
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 10,899
~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Where has Carson Palmer repositioned himself among the elite QB's in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I do feel like a god the way some of you talk about the game and evaluate things around here.

His career is young? That's what you mean when you say he's young?

You really think when he's 35 he'll "only" be 28 or something because he started late? The body doesn't give a **** how late you started - when you're almost 30, you're not ****ing young as hell as you put it.
AGAIN...

he was talking about his "psyche"...his "mindset"...not his body

his career is still very young...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:40 AM   #43
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,694
Carbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Where has Carson Palmer repositioned himself among the elite QB's in the game?

So he's a near 30 year old with a 25 year old phyche? That's pretty encouraging if you're a Dallas fan.


He's a fourth year starter who had the chance to sit and learn the game from the bench. Much like Rivers, who.. if anything, has a phyche much beyond his years. It's actually an insult/diss to Romo to say his phyche is that of a young quarterback. Way to go Prime.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:52 AM   #44
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 10,899
~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Where has Carson Palmer repositioned himself among the elite QB's in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
So he's a near 30 year old with a 25 year old phyche? That's pretty encouraging if you're a Dallas fan.


He's a fourth year starter who had the chance to sit and learn the game from the bench. Much like Rivers, who.. if anything, has a phyche much beyond his years. It's actually an insult/diss to Romo to say his phyche is that of a young quarterback. Way to go Prime.
so you expected to him to start off right away with all the knowledge and know how of Joe Montana?

playing time means nothing if you are 29 years old?

gtfo...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:53 AM   #45
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 10,899
~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Where has Carson Palmer repositioned himself among the elite QB's in the game?

he turns 30 at the end of April...

that is well after the season is over...

enough with the "nearing 30" just so that is sounds older...

he will be 30 next season...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:39 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy