Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 10-29-2006, 12:39 PM   #16
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
you obviously aren't very educated about detroit's players. flip murray is a starting caliber guard. he averaged 20 something ppg when he replaced ray allen in seattle and I think around 15 ppg when he replaced larry hughes due to injury in cleveland.

And your obviously not very educated about Chicago's players.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:45 PM   #17
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Just read what it says on the Bulls comment in the NBA power rankings. It's exactly what I would say.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerranking
Old 10-30-2006, 06:17 PM   #18
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

Quote:
you obviously aren't very educated about detroit's players. flip murray is a starting caliber guard. he averaged 20 something ppg when he replaced ray allen in seattle and I think around 15 ppg when he replaced larry hughes due to injury in cleveland.

Flip Murray is a bum. He doesn't play defense and is a horrible shooter, one of the worst in the league 27% career from 3 and 41% career from the field, and he takes a lot of shots.

When he takes 5 shots in a row with 19 seconds left on the shotclock, you'll see why he has been on 4 teams in his 5 year NBA career.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:30 PM   #19
final.wrath
Banned

thats not his role on this team. flip has so many other scorers around him he wont be a first or second option on offense.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:31 PM   #20
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
And your obviously not very educated about Chicago's players.

I'd say I'm more educated about your players than you are ours. Especially since I don't have a double standard for players of different teams.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:14 PM   #21
goillcity
I brick open layups

i can't wait for detroit to fall apart this year
the tigers really fell off i hope detroit gets used to losing
ha ha
goillcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:05 AM   #22
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

Wrath your a crazy man, how can you say you are more educated about our players than we are with yours, when you claim that detroits depth is better than Chicagos??? Detroit have a terrible bench, thats why they bombed last year.
Their starting 5 is awesome and i'll admit its better than ours, but ur bench is crap.

By the way, I noticed how you never responded to how you were pulled up for your earlier comments that were way off the mark.

You only keep talking down the bulls cos wallace came here, just get over it dude.
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:11 AM   #23
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

Quote:
thats not his role on this team. flip has so many other scorers around him he wont be a first or second option on offense.

what is his role then because he doesn't do anything but score. His defense is horrendous.

His role is to provide scoring off the bench, which he'll do, but he is very streaky and inefficient, which doesn't bode well for teams who want to win.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:03 AM   #24
final.wrath
Banned

his role is to penetrate the lane and hit the outside shot. he's a good shooter too. his stats are only bad because he can be a chucker. we get a lot of open looks coming off of halfcourt sets, so bad shot selection shouldnt be a major problem. it's not like he'll be a first or even a second option.

As for the defense... it hasn't been a problem from what I've seen in the preseason.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:16 AM   #25
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet
Wrath your a crazy man, how can you say you are more educated about our players than we are with yours, when you claim that detroits depth is better than Chicagos??? Detroit have a terrible bench, thats why they bombed last year.

thats part of the reason why we bombed last year. most of the reason is that sheed and rip were injured, chauncey choked, and ben was a huge liability at least in the playoffs. every time ben got the ball against the heat he was fouled and missed the FT. That actually started in the last games of the cav's series. The only quarter we outscored Miami in game 7 was the 4th, when Ben Wallace sat out and McDyess played.

Quote:
Their starting 5 is awesome and i'll admit its better than ours, but ur bench is crap.
Our bench was crap last year. Now its not. That's why I'm more educated about your team than you are about mine, because I actually pay attention to the changes a team makes in the offseason. I know all the changes you made at least...

Anyways, with Ben gone McDyess will get more time (who was more effective with our starters than Ben), Maxiell will get to play. And he's every bit as good as Tyrus Thomas. We signed Flip Murray... he's good for 13 ppg or so. Delfino will actually get to play. So yeah, we improved our bench by about double. Chicago USES their bench a lot more so yeah you have more depth, but not by much.

Quote:
By the way, I noticed how you never responded to how you were pulled up for your earlier comments that were way off the mark.
What didn't I respond to? It probably didn't see it like I didn't see your message until now.

Quote:
You only keep talking down the bulls cos wallace came here, just get over it dude.

I'm only "talking down" the Bulls in the sense I don't agree with a lot of the hype about them. Its not because of Ben Wallace. The Ben signing had a lot to do in fueling the hype surrounding Chicago and therefor he's the subject of a lot of my posts in here. Our teams have a new rivalry and of course I have a chip on my shoulder, but I try to be as objective as possible.

Don't get me wrong. The Bulls are a good team. But they are NOT better than the Pistons and they are not going to the finals. And I can't wait until Maxiell slams one down on Ben.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:27 AM   #26
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

I think we've heard enough from you. It's not helping that you're always comparing the Bulls to the Pistons. Just give us a break. This is definatley not something we want to see on this forum. I understand a little criticism, but to much is to much.

P.S. Why would you post something on this thread right after the Bulls defeated the Champs, much of it was because of their depth and you know it.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:37 AM   #27
final.wrath
Banned

i'm just adding my two cence. Its not like im randomly coming in here talking trash and attacking people. The topic is "the bulls have the most depth in the east". I disagree with that and that's my perogitive. I'm backing up my points and we seem to be having a pretty good discussion going. Theres been no personal insults like you see on other team forums and we have a legit basketball discussion going.

I feel like you don't want to hear an alternate oppinion. Like when you said, "how about you bulls fans I want to hear from you." That implies you want to hear people who pretty much totally agree with you. It's cool to celebrate your team but you have to be able to handle it when people don't agree.

i dont see there being a problem with me being here unless things get out of hand. they seem to be pretty tame to me.

P.S: I suggest you make a "postive oppinions about the bulls only" thread if you want something like that.

Double P.S: The Bulls played great, but the Heat played a lot more horribly than the Bulls played good. You think it's normal for the Heat to just throw the ball away and miss that many open shots? Your interior D is good but don't expect every game to be that easy.

Last edited by final.wrath : 11-01-2006 at 12:39 AM.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:43 AM   #28
Internet

Well I think Chicago showed tonight that they have the most depth in the east atleast, our 2nd unit went head on with Miamis for the 4th quarter and it seriously looked like a training drill.

I previously thought Miami had the most depth, but every Bulls player contributed tonight which was good to see. Steve Kerr made lots of comments about the Bulls depth aswell.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:50 AM   #29
Internet

As for you Wrath, tonight just confirmed that your call on the Pistons having a better bench than the Bulls was crazy talk.

Its not that we dont enjoy having discussions with fans of other teams, but you have to admit you are very negative geared towards the Bulls. Theres alot of hate there and no love.

If you want to be taken seriously, you have to say positive things aswell cos it just seems you hate the bulls and that you will keep talking them down probably just because Ben left your Pistons and chose to come here. They are a good team and deserve some positive talk, you can disagree and be negative at times, but when your constantly negative about our team it destroys your credibility cos they are actually a very good team.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:34 AM   #30
goillcity
I brick open layups

i can't stand final wrath
all you do is hate
the bulls ate the world champs up and all you can say is miami played worse than chi played good
42 points you lame
your a strait up hater you'll be hangin on the bulls nuts later on this season when the pistons choke
our bench is better than any in the leage if you watched the game you'de know that
we played our bench throughout the whole game
you can get the duck sick trick
go bulls also the lions suck the tigers choked bogus style your city sucks all together
goillcity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: