Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
twolvesfan
Banned
 
twolvesfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,517
twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation
Default Donatas Motiejunas

What can you guys tell me about this guy? i dont really have any means (that i know of) to watch this guy play so i have to rely on scouting reports and youtube videos
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:18 PM   #2
rosonviyavong
Raps, Jazz, and UCONN
 
rosonviyavong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,502
rosonviyavong has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Donatas Motiejunas

Toni Kukoc
rosonviyavong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #3
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Maga_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,346
Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Donatas Motiejunas

yeah i think he's like Kukoc too, but have to improve is shooting skills a bit.
I think is more athletic than him, can drive to the basket very well. It's a nice prospect.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:15 AM   #4
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star
 
InspiredLebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birthplace of basketball
Posts: 26,282
InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Donatas Motiejunas

I've seen 1 game of him, the Nike Hoop Summit over the summer. The only thing that sticks for me is that the dude runs like a gazelle and looked to have a nice feel for off ball movement. Looked kind of confused with the ISO defense we see so much of nowadays.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #5
el gringos
Good college starter
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,252
el gringos has not been impressing people
Default Re: Donatas Motiejunas

The top pick or 2nd pick- he is like kukoc except will do it from the pf or even c spot eventually- just more skilled and athletic than 7 footers usually come



I'm convinced this guy is one of the top prospects ever- I think by the draft he is the top ranked prospect, the best european prospect ever, and the most skilled 7 ft prospect in draft history
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:03 PM   #6
madmax
Decent college freshman
 
madmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,849
madmax is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Donatas Motiejunas

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
The top pick or 2nd pick- he is like kukoc except will do it from the pf or even c spot eventually- just more skilled and athletic than 7 footers usually come



I'm convinced this guy is one of the top prospects ever- I think by the draft he is the top ranked prospect, the best european prospect ever, and the most skilled 7 ft prospect in draft history

well well, slow down your horses pal, he's for sure very talented fella, has a very nice shooting touch and some silky post moves at the PF spot, but to proclaim him the best european prospect ever is a bit stretching, don't you think His defense is still very much a liability and he lacks upper body strenght to effectively finish arround the basket. If he can somehow condition his body for NBA, he will do just fine, otherwise he could be just another Darko...
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:06 PM   #7
el gringos
Good college starter
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,252
el gringos has not been impressing people
Default Re: Donatas Motiejunas

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax
well well, slow down your horses pal, he's for sure very talented fella, has a very nice shooting touch and some silky post moves at the PF spot, but to proclaim him the best european prospect ever is a bit stretching, don't you think His defense is still very much a liability and he lacks upper body strenght to effectively finish arround the basket. If he can somehow condition his body for NBA, he will do just fine, otherwise he could be just another Darko...


You're right its too early, that's why I said by draft time- you're also right that his body isn't ready, so maybe I am assuming too much that he will get there- I just think he might be the best- atleast along with wall and bradley
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:29 PM   #8
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds
 
A.M.G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: plane of pure scrumtrulesence
Posts: 3,595
A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Donatas Motiejunas

Moteijunas is like a 7'0 SF, much like Dirk. He has incredible skills and coordination for a guy that height, and seems like an intelligent and good-natured kid (unlike a certain European Detroit Pistons #2 pick).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E37MBYJ-w7k
This is a video that kind of demonstrates what he is. Not a spectacular dunker or dominant shotblocker, but the skills and natural scoring ability at 7'0 make him a commodity.


The kid will need to bulk up and toughen up to reach his full potential as an NBA PF, but barring an unbelievable college season by someone other than John Wall, or an injury to Donatas himself, he will most likely join Wall in being drafted in the top 2 based on their extremely high ceilings.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:07 PM   #9
twolvesfan
Banned
 
twolvesfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,517
twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Donatas Motiejunas

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Moteijunas is like a 7'0 SF, much like Dirk. He has incredible skills and coordination for a guy that height, and seems like an intelligent and good-natured kid (unlike a certain European Detroit Pistons #2 pick).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E37MBYJ-w7k
This is a video that kind of demonstrates what he is. Not a spectacular dunker or dominant shotblocker, but the skills and natural scoring ability at 7'0 make him a commodity.


The kid will need to bulk up and toughen up to reach his full potential as an NBA PF, but barring an unbelievable college season by someone other than John Wall, or an injury to Donatas himself, he will most likely join Wall in being drafted in the top 2 based on their extremely high ceilings.
Pretty much every scouting report if read painted donatas in the way you have. He seems to be a good dribbler with a very good first step and can shoot the three and can also play in the post. I just wish i could watch more of his game, but i guess i really cant right now. If all the scouting reports are accurate he would fit Rambis's system perfectly!
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:38 PM   #10
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,708
Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Donatas Motiejunas

NBA fans are crazy and delusional when it comes to anything and everything related to European basketball. They really need to STFU about European ball already. Motiejunas has all the tools, but he is soft, arrogant, has a poor work ethic, and puts himself above his teams. He also helps contribute losses rather than wins.

Calling him the greatest European prospect ever is so insulting that words cannot even describe it.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:40 PM   #11
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,708
Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Donatas Motiejunas

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolvesfan
Pretty much every scouting report if read painted donatas in the way you have. He seems to be a good dribbler with a very good first step and can shoot the three and can also play in the post. I just wish i could watch more of his game, but i guess i really cant right now. If all the scouting reports are accurate he would fit Rambis's system perfectly!

Pekovic is far better then him.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:57 PM   #12
twolvesfan
Banned
 
twolvesfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,517
twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Donatas Motiejunas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
Pekovic is far better then him.
that would be awesome
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:31 PM   #13
madmax
Decent college freshman
 
madmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,849
madmax is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Donatas Motiejunas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
NBA fans are crazy and delusional when it comes to anything and everything related to European basketball. They really need to STFU about European ball already. Motiejunas has all the tools, but he is soft, arrogant, has a poor work ethic, and puts himself above his teams. He also helps contribute losses rather than wins.

Calling him the greatest European prospect ever is so insulting that words cannot even describe it.

Dude, you seriously should reconsider your talent evaluation skills...the crap you are spouting on this forum about euro ball and it's propects is really astounding so to speak Motiejunas certainly isn't SOFT, as you described him - he plays hard, his body is simply not made for banging under the basket ala Howard's or Shaq's of this world...His arrogance is your personal opinion, I'd call him confident fella more than arrogant, he believes in himself and is not chickening in tough situations...you clearly have no clue about his game though, so stop pretending that you do and go back to your basement where you came from..
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:23 AM   #14
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,708
Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Donatas Motiejunas

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax
Dude, you seriously should reconsider your talent evaluation skills...the crap you are spouting on this forum about euro ball and it's propects is really astounding so to speak Motiejunas certainly isn't SOFT, as you described him - he plays hard, his body is simply not made for banging under the basket ala Howard's or Shaq's of this world...His arrogance is your personal opinion, I'd call him confident fella more than arrogant, he believes in himself and is not chickening in tough situations...you clearly have no clue about his game though, so stop pretending that you do and go back to your basement where you came from..

You are simply a liar. You obviously have NEVER seen him play EVER.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:24 AM   #15
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,708
Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Donatas Motiejunas

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolvesfan
that would be awesome

What do you mean that would be awesome? Are you joking? Pekovic IS WAY better than Motiejunas.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:36 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy