Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 11-12-2009, 03:05 PM   #16
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people
Default Re: Donatas Motiejunas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
NBA fans are crazy and delusional when it comes to anything and everything related to European basketball. They really need to STFU about European ball already. Motiejunas has all the tools, but he is soft, arrogant, has a poor work ethic, and puts himself above his teams. He also helps contribute losses rather than wins.

Calling him the greatest European prospect ever is so insulting that words cannot even describe it.

Well who is then? Who was the top nba draft prospect- not the greatest european player, the best draft ready prospect? Lots said rubio and I don't see how rubio is on moteijunas level
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #17
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
What do you mean that would be awesome? Are you joking? Pekovic IS WAY better than Motiejunas.
im saying that i havent watched pekovic much (actually i watch next to zero euro ball) and simply rely on opinions about euros form other people . the "awesome" part is because we own his rights
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:14 AM   #18
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Daniloooooooo Gallinariiiiiiiiiiiiii
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:42 PM   #19
CLTHornets4eva
Original ISH CLTHornet

CLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected posterCLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected posterCLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected poster

I think he may be a better shooting, but worse shot-blocking Anthony Randolph. Just because he's white doesn't mean he's a Gallinari or a Kukoc.
CLTHornets4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:37 PM   #20
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Well who is then? Who was the top nba draft prospect- not the greatest european player, the best draft ready prospect? Lots said rubio and I don't see how rubio is on moteijunas level

Rubio and Motiejunas do not even come remotely close to being the top European prospects of all time. Neither would even make a list to even be considered.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:34 AM   #21
ZOMG
Decent playground baller

ZOMG has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I don't see how rubio is on moteijunas level

ZOMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:14 AM   #22
WhySoInsecure?
ILL WILL RUNS NYC

WhySoInsecure? is considered somewhat coolWhySoInsecure? is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

WhySoInsecure? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:14 AM   #23
Genjuro
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Genjuro has an OK reputation so far

Motiejunas is as intriguing as awfully talented. But when you evaluate him you have to take into account how soft he is on defense and rebounding the ball.
Genjuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:01 AM   #24
madmax
Decent college freshman

madmax is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjuro
Motiejunas is as intriguing as awfully talented. But when you evaluate him you have to take into account how soft he is on defense and rebounding the ball.

so you basically described Chris Bosh here What makes you think Donutas won't fit into NBA, where defense is BARELY played?
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:20 PM   #25
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

He'll be a disappointment at the NBA level if he's a poor rebounder. Poor rebounding at the PF/C positions is a major red flag.

That to me is the biggest thing that separates the Dirk's/Garnett's of the world from someone like Bargnani.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:54 AM   #26
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What's his contract situation like? Is he going to be in the NBA next season?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:07 AM   #27
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=158724
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:28 AM   #28
madmax
Decent college freshman

madmax is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Motiejunas seems to be developing nicely in Europe - he was ULEB Cup MVP of the previous week and had a stellar game in Italy with 21 points and 7 rebs. He seems to be flourishing under the new coach, we can expect some good things from this kid
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:12 AM   #29
Jinxed
Good High School Starter

Jinxed has an OK reputation so far

Highest drafted European players--in relation to top euro prospect all time..

1) Bargnagni
2) Darko
3)Pau
5)Rubio

Dirk was drafted 9th fyi..

Rubio is EASILY considered the greatest European PG prospect of all time.

Everyone knew Sabas was top 5 player in the world, but I don't know if 'prospect' is the right word considering we all knew he wasn't leaving the USSR.
Jinxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:30 PM   #30
MPLS Lakers
Can barely lace up my sneakers

MPLS Lakers has an OK reputation so far

I was in Kaunas last summer and saw him play, practicing with some of the local Zalgiris talent. Going back there this May, dunno if he will be there or not.

Here's a scouting report from a Lithuanian friend of mine who has seen him a lot more, in games not practice:

Quote:
Best case scenario (which is a real possibility from what I've seen of him) he is the next Dirk Nowitzki. A 7'er who can work inside, and play sniper from outside. He is never going to bang the boards with D Howard, he just does not have the body. (He'll actually play PF in all likelihood), but he does have a beautiful shot to make up for it. He NEEDS to work on his defense. Defensively he is simply not ready for American iso-ball. He also loafs and takes possessions off, but like many greats who did this in college he'll outgrow this once he gets to the NBA or very soon after.
MPLS Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: