Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-16-2009, 03:36 AM   #151

Default Re: Week 10: Patriots @ Colts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_20
So if someone, down by 1 with 1 play left at the 3 yard line, decides to go for the FG instead of the TD, and loses, it was the wrong choice?

(It happened to Dallas in Seattle in a playoff game where Romo f*ucked up the FG attempt and cost Dallas the game).

Just saying, winning and losing shouldn't decide if it was a bad or good call.

That's totally different. A FG from the 3 (basically an Extra Point) is much easier to get then a TD from the 3.

I believe Belicheat made the wrong call because in that situation if you don't get those 2 yards Peyton WILL score ... no and ifs or buts about it. I'd punt the ball and trust my defense to stop Peyton from creating a long TD drive with time working against him. I know 2 yards is not that much and that the Patriots have a great offense but you have to weigh in everything. Giving Peyton the ball at the 30 is suicide.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:37 AM   #152
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
That's exactly what should decide it. The Patriots lost almost as a direct result of that decision. That means it was a bad call.
yeah...

you know what the odds of the Pats converting on 4th down were???

ZERO PERCENT!!!

they didn't convert...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:48 AM   #153
GP_20
Glove

GP_20 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33824
That's totally different. A FG from the 3 (basically an Extra Point) is much easier to get then a TD from the 3.

I believe Belicheat made the wrong call because in that situation if you don't get those 2 yards Peyton WILL score ... no and ifs or buts about it. I'd punt the ball and trust my defense to stop Peyton from creating a long TD drive with time working against him. I know 2 yards is not that much and that the Patriots have a great offense but you have to weigh in everything. Giving Peyton the ball at the 30 is suicide.
And giving him it to him 70 yards away isn't suicide? The last 2 drives he had for more than 1 play resulted in 80 yard TD drives. Not only that, in those drives the Pat's defense did not make ONE good play. They were destroyed in every play call the Colts made. The only thing that could stop the Colt's was a miracle mistake.

And the Colt's showed what they would've done as they scored effortlessly from the 30.

All I'm saying is that there is a higher chance of getting 2 yards from your great offense than there is of stopping the Colt's effortless offense. Especially considering that you still had a chance if you don't get those 2 yards.
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:50 AM   #154
GP_20
Glove

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
yeah...

you know what the odds of the Pats converting on 4th down were???

ZERO PERCENT!!!

they didn't convert...
Yeah what a horrible call that was when the Cowboys decided to go for a FG down by 1 with a minute left in the 4th quarter at 4th down on the 3 yard line against the Seahawk's in the playoffs...

They should've known Romo was going to fumble the snap. What a horrible call.

I mean down by 1 4th down with a minute left, go for it everytime.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:58 AM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_20
And giving him it to him 70 yards away isn't suicide? The last 2 drives he had for more than 1 play resulted in 80 yard TD drives. Not only that, in those drives the Pat's defense did not make ONE good play. They were destroyed in every play call the Colts made. The only thing that could stop the Colt's was a miracle mistake.

And the Colt's showed what they would've done as they scored effortlessly from the 30.

All I'm saying is that there is a higher chance of getting 2 yards from your great offense than there is of stopping the Colt's effortless offense. Especially considering that you still had a chance if you don't get those 2 yards.

Giving it to Peyton at the 30 is asking to lose. Giving it to Peyton 70 yards away with 2:00 to go ... anything can happen. Peyton had 2 nice drives. I'd take my chances by putting Peyton as far away from the endzone as possible. In the end, Belicheat made the wrong decision because in the end the Patriots lost. If you don't get that 2 yards you're gonna lose and that's what happened.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:05 AM   #156
GP_20
Glove

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33824
Giving it to Peyton at the 30 is asking to lose. Giving it to Peyton 70 yards away with 2:00 to go ... anything can happen. Peyton had 2 nice drives. I'd take my chances by putting Peyton as far away from the endzone as possible. In the end, Belicheat made the wrong decision because in the end the Patriots lost. If you don't get that 2 yards you're gonna lose and that's what happened.
They lost because they didn't get those 2 yards not because of the decision. Because they could've (and most likely would've) list regardless of what decision was taken. But it's going out there and not playing well is what cost them the game.

Which is a good way to sum this up. Patriots lost because at the end, they just couldn't make the play. The end. They choked when it counted.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: