Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-27-2006, 04:53 PM   #16
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

green day's sound may seem poppish, but they're not comparible to blink 182, sum 41, etc.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 04:57 PM   #17
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
I don't agree with you, but I understand the point you're trying to make. I still don't see how that make Dropkick Murpheys and Green Day alike though.
they're both irish.

lol.

let me put it this way: DKM has permanently ruined Green Day for me. listening to GD to me is like DKM and taking all the uniqueness, emotion, and catchy hooks away and replacing them with a generic pop vibe that anyone can like.

Green Day used to be pretty angry too. I guess I just equate these two cause they're both irish.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 05:19 PM   #18
SCdac
NBA sixth man of the year

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

What's the DKM song in The Departed? (too lazy to find out for myself). You know Geewiz?

Anyways, my musical taste varies too much to accurately choose a "favorite". I'd have to choose a favorite from every genre/sub-genre, and that'd take too long, as I listen to alot of stuff... Lately I've been rocking Scientist alot (dub), and Philip Glass's score to The Illusionist (fuggin sick).
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 05:38 PM   #19
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Best punk band ever=green day

Are you ****ing serious? The clash.

Green day sux anyways. pop is lame. pop=maroon 5. And maroon 5=lame.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 05:49 PM   #20
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

-James Brown
-The Jacksons
-Prince
-The Time
-Guy
-Temptations
-Sly and the Family Stone
-Van Hunt
-Outkast
-Parliament/Funkadelic
-Aretha Franklin
-Smokey Robinson
-Delfonics
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 05:59 PM   #21
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
What's the DKM song in The Departed?

"I'm Shipping Up to Boston."
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:07 PM   #22
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

LAZYBOY has an OK reputation so far

System Of A Down
Rob Zombie
Ministry
Scarface
Outkast
E-40
Busta Rhymes
Redman
Xzibit
UGK
Mac Dre
Deftones
KORN

And Green Day is not true "punk"
LAZYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:09 PM   #23
Kemosabe
High School Varsity 6th Man

Kemosabe has decent reputation

I am a music lover with all around preferences for ex:

- Pearl Jam
- Queen
- PLacebo
- Pink Floid
- Radiohead
- Portishead
- Miles Davis
- Mr.Bungle
Kemosabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:18 PM   #24
Lei
Decent playground baller

Lei has decent reputationLei has decent reputation

Honestly I dont' really have a favourite type of music or band, I just listen to whatever sounds good to me, basically ranging from Tchaikovsky, Vivaldi to 50 cent to Britney Spears.

Currently I am listening to one remix of 2pac's songs "starin at the world through my rear view", pretty good remix, I've been listening to the original version for a few years now but I think this remix is better, check it out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_lGvCQ8v1Cg

Also does this happen to you guys often: you constantly listen to one single song over an extented period of time, say 2 weeks, after you finally get bored you then move onto something else and do the same thing again. Personally I think this a pretty effective way to memorise what happened in your life, when I listen to some certain music I'd remember what happened back then when I was listening to it over and over for the first time. I might not be able to recollect everything happened but I'd vividly feel the kind of mood I was having. I think you can use music as some kinda diary, if I wanna remember or "feel" what i was doing, say 1st year in univesity I just play the spesific songs I was listening to over and over again back then and everything just starts coming back to my mind.

Do you guys use this "musical diary"?
Lei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:36 PM   #25
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Art Blakey
Lee Morgan
Canonball Adderly
Miles Quintet (Walkin' Steamin' Relaxin' Workin')
Burrell
Horace Silver
DiMeola
Neil Schon
Mott The Hoople
Who
Floyd
Whitesnake
Pearl Jam
Oasis
Radiohead
Aerosmith
Tarrega
Villa-Lobos
Segovia
Any rennaisance transcribed from lute>6 string
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:37 PM   #26
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
pop is lame

Says the guy with the Oasis avatar. You got to be kidding, one of the biggest Pop-Rock bands of the 90's.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:48 PM   #27
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

Inspector Rick has an OK reputation so far

Nas
U2
Oasis
Rob Dougan
Spylab
Linkin Park
Hans Zimmer
Bjork
The Killers
Madonna
2Pac
Enigma
Mogwai
Biggie Smalls
Tricky
Delerium

Nice to see Mr. Bungle get some love.
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:56 PM   #28
NBAEMoreira022
ISH Insider

NBAEMoreira022 has an OK reputation so far

Rap & Hip-Hop has gotten out of hand. Some rappers just make videos and start rapping about how much money they have and show off all their cars and then to top it off they show half naked women dancing all over them and start throwing money around and people love this stuff . . .
NBAEMoreira022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:02 PM   #29
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Dropkick Murphys. Loud guitars, loud irish guys, with random bagpipes thrown in. Band is in a perpetual state of anger and drunkenness 24/7. Its awesome. Its like crunk music for white guys.
Great band. Another, less pissed off Irish band that's equally as good is Flogging Molly.
Quote:
they're both irish
Green Day is from California.
Green Day is just in that genre of new-age punk who's latter albums basically become pop-radio glorification. Green Day is no different than Blink-182 and Sum 41. Green Day just has a more solid punk background. Punk today is retarded, it's just *****ing about the government.

Some other bands I'm currently into are:
A Perfect Circle
Jimmy Eat World
Saosin
Lostprophets
Chevelle
Flogging Molly

Also, Weird Al's "White & Nerdy" may be the best parody ever. Maybe it's just because I hate Chamillionaire so much.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:14 PM   #30
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashforprez
Best punk band ever=green day
This just makes me really really fuking sad.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: