Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-27-2006, 09:26 PM   #31
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lei
Also does this happen to you guys often: you constantly listen to one single song over an extented period of time, say 2 weeks, after you finally get bored you then move onto something else and do the same thing again. Personally I think this a pretty effective way to memorise what happened in your life, when I listen to some certain music I'd remember what happened back then when I was listening to it over and over for the first time. I might not be able to recollect everything happened but I'd vividly feel the kind of mood I was having. I think you can use music as some kinda diary, if I wanna remember or "feel" what i was doing, say 1st year in univesity I just play the spesific songs I was listening to over and over again back then and everything just starts coming back to my mind.

Do you guys use this "musical diary"?

Music is absolutely a diary to one's life.

There's so many different songs that remind me of so many different things. Songs that remind me of my childhood, songs that remind of friends, songs that remind me of the parties (or "raves") I used to go to back in the day, etc, etc.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:51 PM   #32
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Best punk band ever=green day
I'm a huge Green Day fan and I know they're not the greatest punk band ever. The Clash, The Ramones, Sex Pistols (not a fan), and The Buzzcocks are all better than them.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:48 PM   #33
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Green Day is not the greatest punk band. They are one of the greatest pop bands to ever live but they sold themselves out when they decided to sign with a big label and write more complex music, which I agree with, and was the right decision but disqualifies them from beign a punk band.

They decided to grow as a band, grow as musicians, write more challenign music from both a theory and social perspective and I think it was the right choice. But they're not a punk band anymore.

Punk bands write the same **** for years on end without ever growing or changing lile the DKM.

Obviously they didn't want ot be DKM.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:45 AM   #34
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Says the guy with the Oasis avatar. You got to be kidding, one of the biggest Pop-Rock bands of the 90's.

Oasis us more rock/alternative. If it has to be pop its Brit pop.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:57 AM   #35
BlackMoses
High school junior varsity star

BlackMoses has an OK reputation so far

Thin Lizzy
Big John Patton
Lou Donaldson
Duke Ellington
Black Flag
Negative Approach
Frank Zappa
Parliament
Sun Ra
Stevie Wonder
Bloc Party
Grant Green
and other sorts of doo-wop,gospel, twee, old hardcore, and soul jazz
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:00 AM   #36
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There was and is nothing alternative about Oasis. They are pop-rock.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:12 AM   #37
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Beatles
U2
Eighties bands and top 40 type songs
Erasure
Club Banging type Hip-Hop ( Missy Elliott, Anything touch by Timba for that matter, and Pharrell)
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 07:17 AM   #38
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

anything 80's and 70's. i even like the late 50's-60's stuff too.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 04:48 PM   #39
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

littlespyda has an OK reputation so far

i like

acdc
green day
blink 182
metallica
angels and airwaves
chamillionaire
weird al (white and nerdy)
ti

Last edited by littlespyda : 10-29-2006 at 02:41 PM.
littlespyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 04:49 PM   #40
pgm
I hit open layups

pgm has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashforprez
Best punk band ever=green day

Best Punk Band Ever = The Clash. Every member of Green Day will agree with me. I love Green Day, but they don't beat the Clash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Dropkick Murphys are like Green Day except they haven't degenerated into meaningless pop music, they're much angrier, they're much more irish, they're much more consistent, and they're not famous.

Green Day have always made meaningless pop music. Before it was meaningless pop punk. They're still one of my favorite bands. I'm not going to blindly defend them, but I though American Idiot was creative. Even if it was meaningless pop.

I'll check out Dropkick Murphys, though. From your description (Angry Irish Punk), I think I might like them.
pgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 02:38 PM   #41
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

i went to see these guys live last week and they were amazing

if you can get their CD get it its all pure quality (i tunes)

other bands

The Rakes (****ing quality aswell)

Kasabian

The Fratellis

editors

bloc party

THE RAPTURE

the view (new up and coming band)

the sunshine underground

Klaxons

Franz Ferdinand

The Automatic

Last edited by craigthomasb : 10-29-2006 at 02:53 PM.
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 05:39 PM   #42
IBLEEDGREEN43
Local High School Star

IBLEEDGREEN43 has no real reputation yet.
Default hmm

i love rap.. and i listen to it every chance i get
IBLEEDGREEN43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 04:04 PM   #43
Dnn111
Serious playground baller

Dnn111 has an OK reputation so far
Default My Favorite Kinds of Music...

Michael Jackson
Al Green
Marvin Gaye
Bill Withers
Otis Redding
Aretha Franklin
Hall & Oates

The Beatles
Bob Dylan
Elvis Presley
Creedence Clearwater Revival

The Notorious B.I.G.
Jay-Z
Eminem
Ice Cube
Nas
Dnn111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:36 PM   #44
Ghost_Delay
Decent playground baller

Ghost_Delay has an OK reputation so far

Just a few of the "bigger" names from various genres (jazz, IDM, reggae, acoustic/rock ambient, hip hop) I listen to. The actual list goes on & on & on... Music means the world to me, I'm always looking for new releases.

I don't consider myself a snob, but expanding your horizons wouldn't hurt you before labelling this or that band the greatest ever.

Canonball Adderly
Charles Mingus
Ornette Coleman

Luke Vibert
Aphex Twin
[]pusher

Bob Marley & The Wailers
The Congoes
Burning Spear

Bob Dylan
Neil Young
Songs: Ohia