Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-27-2006, 04:56 PM   #1
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation
Default Could the Lakere be setting up for.....

.... that talked about package that includes Mihm, Cook and McKie by the deadline or possibly sooner? Well it's lookin' as if it might just come down to that scenario if McKie's still on the roster come Monday. With the Lakers recently waiving Wafer and Pinnock still have 16 players on their current roster and will have to chose between the young athletic Devin Green or the old injury prone McKie who's 2.5 million contract could come in in real handy in a trade. Meanwhile negotiations between the Lakers and Cooks agent in an attempt to extend Cook's contract isn't going well and if by Tuesday can't be reached then Cook will become a restrcted F/A this summer according to his agent Mark Bartelstein. So speculating on the recent developments on McKie's & Cook's situations could transpire to them being included in that Chris Mihm package that we've all talked about all summer. Any comments on trading them by deadline as oppose to a S&T w/Mihm and matching the offers to Cook?
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:00 PM   #2
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

I still love the idea of trading Mckie and Cook for Banks, but if we throw in Milm in the mix we could get back a better player or two.
I don't want to trade Milm, but with his injury I would hate it if he come's back only to get hurt by play-off time.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:26 PM   #3
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

I hope so...who are the PG's who would be available by trade deadline? atleast any good players?
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:09 PM   #4
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why would you trade for Marcus Banks? He's been nothing but dissapointing with Phoenix, but then again, why would you want another PointGuard with Farmar, Smush, Shammond and Vujacic? I say try to deal Cook|McKie|2nd for a legit big man, or try to make a move for Melvin Ely or one of the plethora of big men the Bobcats have(besides Meka and maybe May most likely)?
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 03:14 AM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Why would you trade for Marcus Banks? He's been nothing but dissapointing with Phoenix, but then again, why would you want another PointGuard with Farmar, Smush, Shammond and Vujacic? I say try to deal Cook|McKie|2nd for a legit big man, or try to make a move for Melvin Ely or one of the plethora of big men the Bobcats have(besides Meka and maybe May most likely)?

Thats true...we need a shooter for our system not some Bust.

But good post qrich everyone else seems to shun mine.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:02 AM   #6
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodeathgrip
I still love the idea of trading Mckie and Cook for Banks, but if we throw in Milm in the mix we could get back a better player or two.
I don't want to trade Milm, but with his injury I would hate it if he come's back only to get hurt by play-off time.

I hear what you're sayin' Mariodeathgrip you and I are the 2 Lakers fans that wanted Marcus Banks (UNLV) to sign w/Lakers , but the reality of it is that Banks didn't want to split the mid-level exception and turned the Lakers down which turned out great afterall w/the signing of Radmanovic who was given the full mid-level due to his reputations of being a shooter. Lakers had their chances on getting Banks and now we must put it behind us since Banks signed for 5 years w/the Phoenix Suns . However after trading away Mihm, Cook and McKie the prospects of getting a quality player in return who's worth 8 million dollars should help the Lakers tremendously.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:47 AM   #7
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So this post is interesting... I think thats a trade package combo that we have talked about here and the conditions could be good for that package.

The key is "WHO" could fit into that requirement for us to get someone in return?

I am trying to think of an impact player that we would want to get, and I find it difficult at this point to come up with someone.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:41 PM   #8
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
So this post is interesting... I think thats a trade package combo that we have talked about here and the conditions could be good for that package.

The key is "WHO" could fit into that requirement for us to get someone in return?

[b]I am trying to think of an impact player that we would want to get, and I find it difficult at this point to come up with someone.

That's why we have to play out the season to see what new developments will take place in disgruntled players wanting to be dealt before the deadline for whatever the reason might be along w/the GM's banging the Monkey in hopes to add a talented player or just trimming down the payroll. So without knowing who will be available at the time and what will transpire @ deadline, still the thought of speculating on trade scenario's involving your team is always interesting especially in Mihm's situation where you just get the hunch that it's going to go down by the deadline.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:55 PM   #9
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So, could you even make a "short list" of players that you might want to trade for?

I know there are usual suspects, like KG. But what about us making a list of players that could improve the Lakers and "fit" in terms of contract salary, etc. Please dont create trade scenarios here, just a short list of players that we might like on the Lakers.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:51 PM   #10
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
So, could you even make a "short list" of players that you might want to trade for?

I know there are usual suspects, like KG. But what about us making a list of players that could improve the Lakers and "fit" in terms of contract salary, etc. Please dont create trade scenarios here, just a short list of players that we might like on the Lakers.

Since we have a good relationship w/charlotte as a trade partner I will negotiate with them first in hopes of getting Melvin Ely, or Brevin Knight players that we could possibly get for Mihm, Cook & McKie. Given that their salaries match I would try any combination of our 3 players to get Melvin Ely PF or Brevin Knight PG or both if all 3 Lakers are included. Even Gerald Wallace looks like a good commodity to trade for though it's doubtful pending his player option in 06/07 is at 6 mil.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:43 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by *LAKERS_3_PETE*
Tdisgruntled players wanting to be dealt before the deadline

I always think thats the best way to do it.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:55 PM   #12
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

Here's a list of other players to trade for that's worth mentioning that's within matching salaries of Mihm,Cook and McKie, with give or take a year left on their contracts.I've only included mostly PG's and PF's who I think would help the Lakers in a trade.

Kirk Hinrick--PG
Chris Duhon-PG
Michael Sweetney--PF
Mike James--PG
Nazr Mohammed--PF/C
Steve Blake--PG
Damon Jones--PG
Speedy Claxton--PG
Lorenzen Wright--PF/C
Jamaal Magloire--C
Keyon Dooling--PG
Reggie Evans--PG
Andre Miller--PG
Marko Jaric--PG
Earl Watson--PG
Bobby Jackson--PG
David Wesley--P
Old 10-28-2006, 02:58 PM   #13
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Here's a list of other players to trade for that's worth mentioning that's within matching salaries of Mihm,Cook and McKie, with give or take a year left on their contracts.I've only included mostly PG's and PF's who I think would help the Lakers in a trade.

Kirk Hinrick--PG
Chris Duhon-PG
Michael Sweetney--PF
Mike James--PG
Nazr Mohammed--PF/C
Steve Blake--PG
Damon Jones--PG
Speedy Claxton--PG
Lorenzen Wright--PF/C
Jamaal Magloire--C
Keyon Dooling--PG
Reggie Evans--PG
Andre Miller--PG
Marko Jaric--PG
Earl Watson--PG
Bobby Jackson--PG
David Wesley--P

Knock Hinrich and Andre Miller off(maybe Magloire as well), and the rest are possible. Also Melvin Ely is an option and better then most of the bigs you listed. Maybe something like Mihm + future 2nd for Melvin Ely or something along those lines the Bobcats will listen too.

Also, I have no clue in hell as why you would want Jaric and his contract?
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 02:58 PM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Off that list I am Eyeing David wesley as we need a PF/ C

the guy can score.

I also like duhon and Nazr mohammed
Old 10-28-2006, 03:09 PM   #15
MagicToWorthy
Kids at the park dunk on me

MagicToWorthy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Kirk Hinrick--PG
Chris Duhon-PG
Michael Sweetney--PF
Mike James--PG
Nazr Mohammed--PF/C
Steve Blake--PG
Damon Jones--PG
Speedy Claxton--PG
Lorenzen Wright--PF/C
Jamaal Magloire--C
Keyon Dooling--PG
Reggie Evans--PG
Andre Miller--PG
Marko Jaric--PG
Earl Watson--PG
Bobby Jackson--PG
David Wesley--P

Those names are a nice attempt but almost all of them fill positional needs for their respective teams. Translation: they aren't going to leave, atleast the guys named Hinrich, Miller and Watson. Ely is a good example, although i think he's currently under a short term contract to UP his value once its done. Translation: We need to have the cap space which is always a concern with us.

NEWSFLASH- Brian Grant has retired!
MagicToWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: