Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-28-2006, 03:49 PM   #16
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Knock Hinrich and Andre Miller off(maybe Magloire as well), and the rest are possible. Also Melvin Ely is an option and better then most of the bigs you listed. Maybe something like Mihm + future 2nd for Melvin Ely or something along those lines the Bobcats will listen too.

Also, I have no clue in hell as why you would want Jaric and his contract?

My bad qrich I overlooked him being locked up for 5 years I do like Jarics game however but @ that price he's not worth trading for.Why would you consider knocking Hinrick, A. Miller and possibly Magloire off the list are they guarenteed on committing themselves with their respected teams in hopes of getting a contract extension or what I have not heard of it.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 04:05 PM   #17
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by *LAKERS_3_PETE*
[/b]

My bad qrich I overlooked him being locked up for 5 years I do like Jarics game however but @ that price he's not worth trading for.Why would you consider knocking Hinrick, A. Miller and possibly Magloire off the list are they guarenteed on committing themselves with their respected teams in hopes of getting a contract extension or what I have not heard of it.

I just doubt the Bulls would trade their best all around guard in Hinrich for Mihm, Mckie and Cook, same with the Nuggets trading their premier point for two big men(where they are STACKED) and someone past his prime. As far as Magloire, I don't see Portland dealing him until the off-season where they will S&T him for a first, or at the deadline to deal him for a first due to him being pretty damn good and an expiring. I say Lakers try to get Melvin Ely or Nick Collison from Seattle.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:15 PM   #18
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

Quote:
I just doubt the Bulls would trade their best all around guard in Hinrich for Mihm, Mckie and Cook, same with the Nuggets trading their premier point for two big men(where they are STACKED) and someone past his prime. As far as Magloire, I don't see Portland dealing him until the off-season where they will S&T him for a first, or at the deadline to deal him for a first due to him being pretty damn good and an expiring. I say Lakers try to get Melvin Ely or Nick Collison from Seattle.

Hey qrich your knowledge of the NBA players seems to be on Q now tell me you're not really a Lakers Fan are you or are you just posing to be a Lakerfan, anyhow I guess it's legal to be a Clips Fan using Quentin Richardson's name and sporting Shaun Livingston's Avatar. We will be seeing you guys in the P/O's if the clips don't decide to throw some games away like last year trying to avoid playing the Mavs lol!
Old 10-28-2006, 08:22 PM   #19
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by *LAKERS_3_PETE*
Hey qrich your knowledge of the NBA players seems to be on Q now tell me you're not really a Lakers Fan are you or are you just posing to be a Lakerfan, anyhow I guess it's legal to be a Clips Fan using Quentin Richardson's name and sporting Shaun Livingston's Avatar. We will be seeing you guys in the P/O's if the clips don't decide to throw some games away like last year trying to avoid playing the Mavs lol!

Haha no, neither. I'm not posing to be a Lakers fan and I'm not a Lakers fan, the thread in general just caught my eye and I want to see Melvin Ely back in LA because I just love his game. Since the NBA fixed the playoff format slightly, Clippers want 5th seed so unless Lakers get 8th or 1st and advance, it's a small possibility ;).
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:37 PM   #20
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Are we still paying part of this guy salary (Brain Grant)..and if so how does this effect us now that he has retired????
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:52 PM   #21
Kobe4life
Banned

Kobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

well the lakers arent smart in trading or drafting so i doubt that will even happen
Kobe4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:54 PM   #22
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Why would you trade for Marcus Banks? He's been nothing but dissapointing with Phoenix, but then again, why would you want another PointGuard with Farmar, Smush, Shammond and Vujacic? I say try to deal Cook|McKie|2nd for a legit big man, or try to make a move for Melvin Ely or one of the plethora of big men the Bobcats have(besides Meka and maybe May most likely)?

I really don't care if he seem to be a disappointment with the Suns at this point. The Fact is he is a good Defender and can score. Phil feels he would be a good fit with the Laker's. Banks wanted to be a Laker but we ended up picking up Vlad who is a great pick up, but now with his injury we might not see his true potential until next year. Banks has the potential in becoming a great player for years to come.
I would love to have the rotation of Parker Farmar and Banks as our point guards. Sasha and Shammond I don't care for much for our Pt. Mostly Vujacic. But if we were to trade Cook and Mckie for Banks and/or trade Milm Sasha Williams and draft picks with another team we could get Banks and another big man. There are many trade possibility and yes we could use another big guy but I think we also need an up grade at point, to help out Farmar and Parker. Someone that can focus more on D'. Farmar is a Rook and Parker seem to lack on D' at times.
Cook is a good shooter but his lack of D' pisses me off. Milm ended up being a good center with us, but only because of his injury I don't know if he would still continue to contribute like he use too. Especially when it comes to the play-off. Shammond is OK and would like to keep. Sasha is ? to me. I really don't know what to say about him Keep or trade and really don't matter much.

Last edited by mariodeathgrip : 10-28-2006 at 08:59 PM.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:56 PM   #23
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
Are we still paying part of this guy salary (Brain Grant)..and if so how does this effect us now that he has retired????

Ya this year he is getting 15 mil and is the last year we are paying him and him retiring means nothing to us!! No effect what so ever!! Just BYE BYE !!!
Old 10-28-2006, 11:37 PM   #24
Kobe4life
Banned

Kobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

wow i still cant belive we traded shaq for lamar odom
Old 10-28-2006, 11:52 PM   #25
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4life
wow i still cant belive we traded shaq for lamar odom

Lamar was cool but Grant!!

Grant intead of Jones

Or!!

Butler instead of Wade!!

We got screwed over!!!
Old 10-29-2006, 12:09 AM   #26
Kobe4life
Banned

no its just that the lakers are too stupid to know what is an equal trade. wow imagine if kobe got traded for lamar odom...
Old 10-29-2006, 12:17 AM   #27
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

Quote:
no its just that the lakers are too stupid to know what is an equal trade. wow imagine if kobe got traded for lamar odom...

Wow you guarantee a loss without Kobe on Halloween now you are saying the Laker's are too stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great team spirit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all have our own opinion!!! I guess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2006, 12:57 AM   #28
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

IKHRAS KHAALIS YA KALB!!!

There is no way u can go ahead and make a comment about the "lakers being too stupid" to make an equal trade especially sonce we got a better than equal trade in Mo evans.

If you start watching games you'l see what I mean.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:29 AM   #29
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Next year's draft will probably be pretty deep, so I would hold onto our first round pick, unless a star player becomes available and we get him if we throw in our first rounder.

As far as who we should get, Turiaf's impressive play this preseason has neglected the need to get a reserve big man who can the 4 or 5. Melvin Ely wouldn't start for us, and since Turiaf has exceeded my expectations, there is no need to get him. With Odom playing the 4, we don't need a starting caliber power forward. When healthy, here is the rotation in the middle.

C: Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm, Andrew Bynum, Ronny Turiaf
PF: Odom, Cook, Turiaf, VladRad

My preference for structuring a team is having 5 big men with a bench player who can play the 4 and 5 in addition to 2 power forwards and 2 centers. If we can find a way to have VladRad be our 6th man, we can trade Mihm and Cook and won't need to get a big man in return.

C: Kwame, Bynum, Turiaf
PF: Odom, VladRad, Turiaf

By freeing up roster spots, we can sign a d-leaguer to sit on the bench if case of injury.

This brings me to the position I believe we should target, shooting guard. If we can find a starting caliber shooting guard (one who can shoot and defend well), he can start at the 2, move Kobe over to the 3 (where Tex Winter wants him to play), and VladRad would come off the bench with Luke Walton. Point guards are going to be hard to find. We aren't going to find anyone better than the ones we already have. Really, is Dooling that much better than Smush? Do we really want a guy like Jeff McInnis? No way the Suns will trade Marcus Banks months after signing him when they don't have any backup point guards on their roster. Marko Jaric, Troy Hudson, Brevin Knight? It's not worth it.

If a good small forward becomes available, then I would go after him and start him at the 3. Walton and VladRad would still come off the bench. Big men are always in demand and if we offer 2 of them (Cook and Mihm), then we should be able to find a team who is willing to give up a good guard or small forward.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 03:11 PM   #30
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
Next year's draft will probably be pretty deep, so I would hold onto our first round pick, unless a star player becomes available and we get him if we throw in our first rounder.

This brings me to the position I believe we should target, shooting guard. If we can find a starting caliber shooting guard (one who can shoot and defend well), he can start at the 2, move Kobe over to the 3 (where Tex Winter wants him to play), and VladRad would come off the bench with Luke Walton. Point guards are going to be hard to find. We aren't going to find anyone better than the ones we already have.

If a good small forward becomes available, then I would go after him and start him at the 3. Walton and VladRad would still come off the bench. Big men are always in demand and if we offer 2 of them (Cook and Mihm), then we should be able to find a team who is willing to give up a good guard or small forward.

The Lakers have always manage to get by without a quality star type PG and a PF that's hasn't been with our team for more than a year since the post Magic era, and targeting those 2 positions would better suit the Lakers needs imo. Though I do agree that PG's are hard to find I disagree on the part of Radmanovic coming off the bench cause Vlad's already a proven quality starter in this league who's versatile enough @ both forward positions to shoot the lights out.

Besides I don't think the Lakers will back track on their plan and get a player that will conflict on sending Vlad to the bench after promissing him a starting job cause we don't want any disgruntled players breaking up our team chemistry. Assembling an NBA team is an ongoing process and building team chemistry can be time consuming, so we should just continue on moving forward and try to fill the voids at the neccessary positions to accomodate our starters who are already established at their respected positions.

Last edited by *LAKERS_3_PETE* : 10-29-2006 at 03:16 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: