Did you see Marcus ballin?
Multiple alley oops, drives to the hole, threading the needle passes, crossing up Marbury (my favorite one). I know pre-season means nothing but, the kids got me exited. Pure playmaker-Pure point gaurd. J-Kidd looked so happy on the sidelines. Nets Fans, maybe now we do not have to get nervous when J-Kidd takes a breather anymore. Basketball the Right Way.
IMO this has been one of the most promising preseasons in years for the nets. the draft appears to be one of the best in a long time which is doubly nice since we didn't particularly have good picks to work with.
- williams and adams appear ready to play right away and contribute.
- boone and illic are nice big men bets for the future.
- krstic finally took a summer off and should be rested and have added muscle to continue his rise.
- wright had a fantastic offseason working on everything frank asked him to (check the d'allessandro article today for more) and is ready to make an impact as a sixth man.
- boki now has a training camp with the team under his belt and seems to work superbly with the new emphasis on the fast break.
- uncle cliffy has a good reason to make up for what happened at the end of last season.
- vince is in a contract year so he'll prolly play better than ever.
- RJ will almost certainly continue his rise towards stardom.
- kidd has proven that he can still play at a high level, post surgery. and with carter and RJ doing more of the ball-handling and a potent backup for him, he should be able to get all the rest he needs this year.
- twin claims that he got the rest he needed to clear up those nagging injuries that plagued him all of last year.
- unlike in the west, where the pressure is high to win right away or miss the playoffs, the nets can basically screw around for a quarter of a season and still be fine. that means more time to tweak the defense, more time for the rookies to make their mistakes, more time to fit the new pieces together and more time for people to define their roles.
barring injury this team has a chance to be something special this year and in the next several years. pessimists like rosen and hollinger just prove that they haven't been paying attention. plus they can kiss my ass.
Here's just a few clips for the last game, Marcus is [Jim Jones]Ballin'.[/Jim Jones] Just one thing I thought was weird, in the interview he said "I think the season starts Wednesday." I guess after a hard game I can't really blame him for not thinking completely straight.