Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 10-27-2006, 10:38 PM   #1
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation
Default I know it was only a pre-season game but...

Did you see Marcus ballin?
Multiple alley oops, drives to the hole, threading the needle passes, crossing up Marbury (my favorite one). I know pre-season means nothing but, the kids got me exited. Pure playmaker-Pure point gaurd. J-Kidd looked so happy on the sidelines. Nets Fans, maybe now we do not have to get nervous when J-Kidd takes a breather anymore. Basketball the Right Way.
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 05:03 AM   #2
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

IMO this has been one of the most promising preseasons in years for the nets. the draft appears to be one of the best in a long time which is doubly nice since we didn't particularly have good picks to work with.

- williams and adams appear ready to play right away and contribute.
- boone and illic are nice big men bets for the future.
- krstic finally took a summer off and should be rested and have added muscle to continue his rise.
- wright had a fantastic offseason working on everything frank asked him to (check the d'allessandro article today for more) and is ready to make an impact as a sixth man.
- boki now has a training camp with the team under his belt and seems to work superbly with the new emphasis on the fast break.
- uncle cliffy has a good reason to make up for what happened at the end of last season.
- vince is in a contract year so he'll prolly play better than ever.
- RJ will almost certainly continue his rise towards stardom.
- kidd has proven that he can still play at a high level, post surgery. and with carter and RJ doing more of the ball-handling and a potent backup for him, he should be able to get all the rest he needs this year.
- twin claims that he got the rest he needed to clear up those nagging injuries that plagued him all of last year.
- unlike in the west, where the pressure is high to win right away or miss the playoffs, the nets can basically screw around for a quarter of a season and still be fine. that means more time to tweak the defense, more time for the rookies to make their mistakes, more time to fit the new pieces together and more time for people to define their roles.

barring injury this team has a chance to be something special this year and in the next several years. pessimists like rosen and hollinger just prove that they haven't been paying attention. plus they can kiss my ass.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:50 AM   #3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

shhhhh. this is the Nets best kept secret...

we're gonna make Hollinger eat his words.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:33 AM   #4
netsfan549
High School Starter

netsfan549 has decent reputationnetsfan549 has decent reputation
Default hey

ughh i want M.Williams mix
netsfan549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:44 PM   #5
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Here's just a few clips for the last game, Marcus is [Jim Jones]Ballin'.[/Jim Jones] Just one thing I thought was weird, in the interview he said "I think the season starts Wednesday." I guess after a hard game I can't really blame him for not thinking completely straight.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 07:10 PM   #6
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey
Here's just a few clips for the last game
strange... i'm not seeing anything.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:49 PM   #7
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Sorry about that, here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVe24XOnnpI
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 10:18 PM   #8
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey
Sorry about that, here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVe24XOnnpI
Thanks for posting that. It explains everything I tried say in the opening thread. Sometimes pictures are better than words.
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:49 AM   #9
gigantes
A piece of fluff

thanks, monkey. i especially liked the way he casually dismissed the trash-talk.

marbury apparantly tried to engage him as a kid on the playground- williams responded like a grown man on the job.

welcome to professionalism, stephon.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: