Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-14-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
tgan3
Local High School Star

tgan3 has decent reputation
Default This is why I hate NBA refs.

They call stupid touch fouls but fail to call obvious travels like the one by jr smith( earl smith ) on 58 secs.

http://www.nba.com/video/games/nugge...nba/index.html

tgan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:13 PM   #2
davo ownz

Default Re: This is why I hate NBA refs.

Ahh, no one is infallible.

But I must admit, that's a bad call. Unfortunately thats what happens and most of the time the bad decisions level out for both teams.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:17 AM   #3
kap
Great young streetballer

kap has decent reputation

yea, ever since day 1 of this season i was reminded of what i hated most about bball. terrible officiating. can't really help it, it's just the nature of the game.
kap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:21 AM   #4
stephanieg
College superstar

stephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected poster

The worst is when announcers/players/coaches pretend the refs are setting the tone for the game (e.g. calling ticky tack earlier or letting things go). There's no tone. It's completely random. Maybe they'll let things go for the lulz for the first quarter, then you'll get a flagrant for arching your eyebrows and looking at someone funny.
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:47 AM   #5
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah I hate that.. "Refs are setting the tone early, they're calling it tight" or "Refs are just letting them play in the 4th quarter." Why can't they just call all games consistently? They start calling touch fouls if they feel players are getting heated, or they swallow their whistles in the 4th quarter. That's not objective officiating, keep it consistent.

Technicals are the most inconsistent calls, purely subjective and based on what mood the ref is in that night basically.
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:10 AM   #6
clayton
Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

clayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat cool

Would be nice if there were different refs every quarter. And new-generation of refs too!
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:45 AM   #7
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

the worst game so far was the Hawks at Celts the other night. Never seen the refs treat the home team like **** while sucking the road teams dick. Then again if they had a bet on the game its understandable.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: