Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-15-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool
Default OKC has an impressive defense

Having been a fan on defense for years I can say that the OKC defense is impressive. They have the defense by committee mentality the Spurs use to have and that will translate into some great wins down the road. If you’re an OKC fan then this has to be a great feeling to have them start the year with a greatly improved team mindset.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ern-conference
the article here says they are the only squad in the West holding opponants under 90 ppg.

Last edited by icemanfan : 11-15-2009 at 11:17 AM.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:23 AM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: OKC has an impressive defense

I havent watched them alot this season. 3 games total. I know Jeff Green was a solid defender. He comes from Gtown. Westbrook has the athletic ability to play defense. And the one positive Thabo recieved during the draft was his defensive ability. I couldnt get a good feel/read on Harden however. But they all must be communicating well playing good team defense.

Very interesting to hear. I'll keep tabs on them to see if they can keep it up the rest of the season. Pretty fun bunch, just going out there and having fun. Not much in terms of expectations are placed on them.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:36 PM   #3
Thunderstruck
Serious playground baller

Thunderstruck is considered somewhat coolThunderstruck is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I havent watched them alot this season. 3 games total. I know Jeff Green was a solid defender. He comes from Gtown. Westbrook has the athletic ability to play defense. And the one positive Thabo recieved during the draft was his defensive ability. I couldnt get a good feel/read on Harden however. But they all must be communicating well playing good team defense.

Very interesting to hear. I'll keep tabs on them to see if they can keep it up the rest of the season. Pretty fun bunch, just going out there and having fun. Not much in terms of expectations are placed on them.

Harden has been very solid off the bench so far this year both on offense and defense. He is being used as sort of a utility player, making plays with his versatility, whether it be shooting or passing (He's 4th in the NBA in assist to TO ratio). His numbers aren't huge, but they aren't asking him to fill the stat sheet. Coach Brooks trusts him out there because he is smart and doesn't make many mistakes. He is very versatile and I think will log some minutes at PG at spots this year.

Last edited by Thunderstruck : 11-15-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Thunderstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:38 PM   #4
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They're also are #5 in defensive efficiency, which means that for every 100 possessions, they give up the 5th least amount of points for those 100 possessions.... which is a much better metric of defensive quality than simply points allowed per game.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: