Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-11-2009, 04:23 AM   #1
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default the ~primetime~ midseason rankings for each position on the feild...

Just doing the top 5 for each...

OFFENSE:

QB:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees
3. Tom Brady
4. Brett Favre
5. Ben Roethlisberger

* Romo isn't that far away from top 5...don't roll your eyes at that either

RB:

1. Adrian Peterson (yes he is better than CJ just stop it...9 TDs with goaline presence that CJ just doesn't have)
2. Chris Johnson
3. Steven Jackson
4. Maurice Jones-Drew (11 TDs wow)
5. DeAngelo Williams

*Cedric Benson's 4.2 is good but not as attractive as the others

WR:

1. Andre Johnson
2. Randy Moss
3. Larry Fitzgerald
4. Vincent Jackson
5. Chad Ochocinco

*yep, I left off Calvin, and I know he is playing for the Lions and they have a rookie QB and yadda yadda yadda...if he had just gotten done smashing records like Moss did in 2007 then it would be different...truth is, you just can't call him a top 5 right now...he didn't have issues last year with production...neither did Andre on the crappy Texans last year...

OL:
1. Ryan Clady (2.0 sacks allowed)
2. Matt Light (2.0 sacks allowed)
3. Michael Roos (3.0 sacks allowed)
4. Jordan Gross (3.50 sacks allowed)
5. Joe Thomas (4.0 sacks allowed)

* alright I could gone guard/tackle here but I didn't want to...not really fair to the guards, but whatever...also there may be some tackles out there with less sacks allowed, I started with reputation...

DEFENSE:

MLB:

1. Patrick Willis
2. Ray Lewis (yes, he is still really good)
3. Jon Beason
4. David Harris
5. Curtis Lofton

OLB:

1. James Harrison
2. Elvis Dumervil (only 27 tackles to Harrison's 48)
3. DeMarcus Ware
4. Shawne Merriman
5. Terrell Suggs

DE:

1. Jared Allen
2. Dwight Freeney
3. Trent Cole
4. Julius Peppers
5. Mario Williams

* Odom is out for the year, or he would be in there...

DL:

1. Kevin Williams
2. Jay Ratliff
3. Albert Haynesworth
4. Pat Williams
5. Jonathan Babineaux

* I guess Kroy Biermann could be in there for Babineaux...don't know that much about either really but they have killer stats

CB:

1. Darrell Revis
2. Nnamdi Asomugha (could be #1 I guess, but Revis has shut down bigger names)
3. Charles Woodson
4. Corey Webster
5. Asante Samuel (I know he can't tackle, but he still gets a ton of INTs every damn year)

*this postition is the hardest to rank, just because you never get to see them play on camera...you can't watch them, alot of it is just reputation...

S:

1. Troy Polamalu
2. Ed Reed
3. Darren Sharper
4. Jairus Byrd
5. Chris Hope

*Bob Sanders is injured and Adrian Wilson hasn't done sh*t...there are alot of safties that could go #5 though...I just like Hope the best

Last edited by ~primetime~ : 11-11-2009 at 04:27 AM.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:43 AM   #2
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: the ~primetime~ midseason rankings for each position on the feild...

I like your lists, actually.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:55 AM   #3
DC's Finest
My Shit Don't Stank.

DC's Finest has decent reputationDC's Finest has decent reputation
Default Re: the ~primetime~ midseason rankings for each position on the feild...

I'd agree with just about everything but your RB list. Cedric Benson needs to be in there. He's putting up amazing numbers against amazing defenses. 100 yards against Baltimore twice speaks for its own.
DC's Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:06 AM   #4
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest
I'd agree with just about everything but your RB list. Cedric Benson needs to be in there. He's putting up amazing numbers against amazing defenses. 100 yards against Baltimore twice speaks for its own.
here is the problem:

player/attempts/yards/ypc
1 Chris Johnson 144 / 959 / 6.7
2 Cedric Benson 198 / 837 / 4.2
3 Steven Jackson 165 / 784 / 4.8
3 Adrian Peterson 163 / 784 / 4.8
5 DeAngelo Williams 149 / 768 / 5.2
6 Maurice Jones-Drew 145 / 737 / 5.1
Old 11-11-2009, 05:31 AM   #5
Butters
Speed Demon

Butters has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~

1. Kevin Williams
2. Jay Ratliff
3. Albert Haynesworth
4. Pat Williams
5. Jonathan Babineaux

Albert haynesworth? Really?100 million dollar pile of crap.
Butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:43 AM   #6
Deadpool
Great young streetballer

Deadpool is considered somewhat coolDeadpool is considered somewhat cool

No love for Philip Rivers? Guy has been winning games for the Chargers and bringing them back against teams like Ravens, Steelers and Broncos where the game seemed real close because of him.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:49 AM   #7
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
here is the problem:

player/attempts/yards/ypc
1 Chris Johnson 144 / 959 / 6.7
2 Cedric Benson 198 / 837 / 4.2
3 Steven Jackson 165 / 784 / 4.8
3 Adrian Peterson 163 / 784 / 4.8
5 DeAngelo Williams 149 / 768 / 5.2
6 Maurice Jones-Drew 145 / 737 / 5.1

If you are gonna use stats like that to rank then Aaron Rogers needs to be on your top 5 and Brady needs to be off.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:12 PM   #8
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

How is Tom Brady top three this year? You're just looking at the total stats he has produced and not game by game, in which case he wouldn't be ranked as high.

His first game, against Buffalo, he was missing open targets a lot. He played an average game given the amount of seperation his recievers got for him.

The Jets game he played bad.

Against Atlanta he again missed open targets again and again.

He didn't play particularly well against the Broncos.

His stats look good because he killed two teams that suck - Titans & Bucs - in back to back weeks.

I'd easily take Ben Roethlisbergers performance thus far over Brady, and probably Rivers as well. Not to mention guys like Brees & Manning. The way Palmer has been clutch, I'd probably take his play over Brady too. Romo has probably done just as good in the overall scheme of things.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:20 PM   #9
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation

no to merriman.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:20 AM   #10
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Stats play a small part in this but it is really just who I think is the best right now...

I put Brady ahead of anyone not named Peyton or Brees because I think he is a better QB than the others...

I left Ced Benson off the list because I don't think he is a better RB than the ones I have listed are...I just used his stats to show that he has a ton more carries than those other guys...

simple as that really...those are just the guys that I feel are the best right now...
Old 11-12-2009, 03:10 AM   #11
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
MLB:

1. Patrick Willis
2. Ray Lewis (yes, he is still really good)
3. Jon Beason
4. David Harris
5. Curtis Lofton

Where is London Fletcher, retard?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:20 AM   #12
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Stats play a small part in this but it is really just who I think is the best right now...

I put Brady ahead of anyone not named Peyton or Brees because I think he is a better QB than the others...

I left Ced Benson off the list because I don't think he is a better RB than the ones I have listed are...I just used his stats to show that he has a ton more carries than those other guys...

simple as that really...those are just the guys that I feel are the best right now...

But Brady is not PLAYING better than several other QBs this year. I dont care what past history is. THIS year is all you should base your rankings off of.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:31 AM   #13
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
But Brady is not PLAYING better than several other QBs this year. I dont care what past history is. THIS year is all you should base your rankings off of.
ok dude do you honestly feel like Aaron Rodgers is a better QB than Tom Brady???

be serious for second...REALLY???

that is still Tom Brady out there...
Old 11-12-2009, 08:04 AM   #14
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

And, Steven Jackson is pretty overrated, too.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:16 PM   #15
beasly15
TEXANS

beasly15 has decent reputationbeasly15 has decent reputation

it sucks that there will be a lot of receivers passing up andre johnson in yards cause pretty much everybody has had a bye week except us.
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: