Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 11-16-2009, 11:53 AM   #1
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Bobcats trade Raja and Vlad for Stephen Jackson and Acie Law

Breaking News:
Quote:
Bobcats trade for Stephen Jackson

By Rick Bonnell
rbonnell@charlotteobserver.com
Posted: Monday, Nov. 16, 2009

Stephen Jackson wants to get away from Golden State, and the Warriors want to get rid of his contract.

The Charlotte Bobcats have acquired disgruntled wing scorer Stephen Jackson from the Golden State Warriors in a package that will involve guard Raja Bell and forward Vladimir Radmanovic, an NBA source conformed.
Jackson, a 6'8" swingman, is currently in his 10th NBA season.
The Bobcats will also acquire point guard Acie Law from the Warriors. Law was originally drafted by the Atlanta Hawks.
Jackson figures to give an immediate bump to a Bobcats offense that is last in the league in both points scored and field goal percentage. Jackson had frequently requested a trade from the Warriors in a personality conflict with coach Don Nelson. The Warriors were under some pressure to get him out of their locker room.
The biggest loss for the Bobcats is probably Bell, the starting shooting guard, who also represents an expiring contract following the season.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:04 PM   #2
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people
Default Re: Bobcats trade Raja and Vlad for Stephen Jackson and Acie Law

Good trade, maybe for both teams- radmonovic is the key player going to gs, bell is just a throw in- for charlotte they get a lot better at the sg w jackson over bell or henderson
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:18 PM   #3
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I doubt Jackson will be available for the game tonight in Orlando so I could see us not even scoring the 59 we put up against Boston.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I doubt Jackson will be available for the game tonight in Orlando so I could see us not even scoring the 59 we put up against Boston.
Do you think they will break 35?
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:45 PM   #5
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Do you guys think that Acie Law will start at the point, putting Felts on the bench, or is Law not a starter?
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #6
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

RP--I think that this trade might shake up our guys to the point that they know they'd better win this game or end up elsewhere...................They are just too damned complacent.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:46 PM   #7
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Do you guys think that Acie Law will start at the point, putting Felts on the bench, or is Law not a starter?

I know LB has wanted a 3rd PG all along. Felts is still the starter but I could see Acie getting plenty of playing time if Felts and DJ keep stinking it up.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:10 PM   #8
MikeUK
Decent playground baller

MikeUK has an OK reputation so far

Maybe now we can look at Felton and Diop for a legit PF assuming we're saying Nazr has won the back-up Center position?
MikeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:35 PM   #9
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I think with Raja being shipped off, we now get a weird polygon rotation where Felton and SJAX start, then Felts moves to SG when DJ comes in, then SJAX will come in and Law will get some burn at PG.

I'm actually OK with this trade. Radman wasn't doing squat and Raja with all of his injuries is dead weight at this point. I can't believe GS was even willing to take him.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:39 PM   #10
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
... and Raja with all of his injuries is dead weight at this point. I can't believe GS was even willing to take him.

Well, we found someone to take Mek's contract off of our hands and someone to take Raja.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #11
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like this trade for the Bobcats. Now you guys finally have a real scoring threat to take some pressure off Wallace. Play-offs are now possible for the 'Cats.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:05 PM   #12
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

i don't mind the trade, but i'm really gonna miss raja. he's my favorite guard in the NBA
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:37 PM   #13
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Brown is looking for juice , and he got it with Jax.

Now I have to wonder if the right thinking is to call out Iverson , and get him back in the plan Brown had all along

I hope Iverson comes back to Brown , and helps your Bobcats run.

(If they don't we might see NY or the same Warriors pick up iverson)
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #14
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I think Iverson is done.

If he signs with anyone it will be for the least amount of money allowed.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #15
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

If SJax is ok with it then we made out on talent.

Law is just filler. I don't think either PG has to worry about him...but based on last night DJ might have to worry about Flip. Good think for him Flip is only going to do that maybe once out of three or four times.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: