Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 10-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #1
BayAreaSportz
I hit open layups

BayAreaSportz has an OK reputation so far
Default Warriors vs Rockets Season Opener

Projected Starters:

GS: Curry (PG), Ellis (SG), Jackson (SF), Randolph (PF), Biedrins (C)
Houston: Brooks (PG), Ariza (SG), Battier (SF), Scola (PF), Hayes (C)

Right off the bat, there's a huge mismatch at the SG spot with Ariza being 6'8 and Ellis at 6'3. The Rockets should be able to exploit that match up while the Warriors will be in more of a zone look for the duration of the game. Ellis won't be able to guard either Ariza or Battier and at the other end, both are great defenders. Ellis will struggle in his first game this season.

I thnk Curry should have a nice first NBA game. I'm looking at 15 points, 8 assists and 4 rebounds for the rookie with 4 turnovers. Biedrins should have a field day on Hayes, who is 6'6. If only AB had a decent offensive game or the ability to pass out of the double team. He should have a field day on the boards with 12.

This is a game that the Warriors SHOULD win. The Rockets don't have McGrady or Yao and aren't a good team. They also played last night so the Warriors should take advantage with their fast paced game. Jackson should have a pretty good game auditioning for a Texas team and should get 20 points, 7 assists and 5 rebounds to start.

Final Score Predictions: W 106 - R 92
BayAreaSportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Warriors vs Rockets Season Opener

i think corey maggatte is starting in place of Randolph who is questionable withe a knee/back injury

i look for the warriors to kick this off on a good note 111-92
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:25 PM   #3
1manfastbreak
B A Y A R E A , C A

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Warriors vs Rockets Season Opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
i think corey maggatte is starting in place of Randolph who is questionable withe a knee/back injury

i look for the warriors to kick this off on a good note 111-92

they gave it up in the 3rd q. they looked terrible, picked it up lightweight in the 4th. Only got to catch the 2nd half but from what i heard Warriors were up 10 and doin well. It was nice to see Steph knockin down jumpers in crunch time as well.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: