Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > WNBA Forum

WNBA Forum WNBA Forum, Women's Basketball Forum - WNBA message board

Old 07-09-2010, 06:12 AM   #1
Jasi
Quality?

Default The WNBA Noitu Lovers' take on LeBron's decision

So... I woke up at 3:10 am tonight here in Milan, Italy, to finally learn about the most anticipated Decision in the sports history.

LeBron's English is not the easiest to understand for a foreigner, but I catched the key point. He's going to Miami.

What do you guys think about it?

My opinion: disappointed. As a Knicks fan (and a Gallo-stan ) I would have loved to see the two play together.

But, above all, I am disappointed by this statement of not-so-high self-confidence. I thought that he really believed he could be a player of Johnson-Bird-Jordan caliber. Apparently he does not. He takes the easy way, teaming up with two superstars.
Jasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:19 AM   #2
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Default Re: The WNBA Noitu Lovers' take on LeBron's decision

I'm actually really surprised by the decision. I thought it would come down to NY or Cleveland. Now, even if he does win multiple championships, people will say they were cheap and that he got them cheaply. Basically what people said about Kobe with Shaq except worse.

It's kinda cool he is willing to sacrifice his ego, $30 mill, and most likely his stats but I think it would have been more interesting to see him go elsewhere and have some epic duals versus Wade/Bosh.

You would think he would try something drastic like this after a few more seasons being "the guy" trying to win it by himself (or at least not with 2 superstars).

Just listened to Charles Barkley's reaction and I pretty much agree with everything he said.

Last edited by Jailblazers7 : 07-09-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:37 AM   #3
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

I understand that Wade was the best player out there for him to join but I don't understand why going to the heat is such a sellout move but going to bulls wouldn't have been. You could comfortably argue that Rose, Boozer, Deng, and Noah (with some nice, above minimum wage role players) is more valuable than Wade, Bosh, and Chalmers. It might be glossier in Miami but it would have been just as championship-chasey to go to Chi.

I don't know why it doesn't bug me that he bailed, it helps that so many cleveland fans have been so annoying the last few years (hard to hear coming from a laker fan, I know). I'm normally a huge supporter of the Reggie Miller guys who stay loyal and don't care if it's a small market team. For whatever reason I wanted him to go somewhere, NYK was my top choice but as an NBA fan I'm certainly excited about seeing how the super team does.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:43 AM   #4
Jasi
Quality?

He basically pulled a Kevin Garnett, nothing wrong with it, but you wouldn't expect it from a guy who has "Chosen 1" tattooed over his shoulders. It makes you think his huge ego is just a mask.

But yes, on the other side, the superteam should at least be a lot of fun to watch.

I am wondering whether the Lakers will react with anything more than signing Steve Blake (good signing btw).
Jasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:46 AM   #5
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

I'm really interested to see how they fill out the roster around the 4 guys they currently have with just minimum contracts. They still need some semblance of depth to be successful and could use a few certain types of guys (a shooter and a C).

The team should be fun to watch tho. Imagine the possibilities like Lebron running point and being out on the break with Bosh and Wade. It certainly will be entertaining to witness.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #6
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi

I am wondering whether the Lakers will react with anything more than signing Steve Blake (good signing btw).

I'm so happy about the Blake signing I can't tell you.

I'm not sure we can afford much more, especially if they give Fisher the 5 he wants. I was hoping to get Hak Warrick or Travis Outlaw but they're both off the market. I wonder if Udonis Haslem would come be our 4th big. I've always been fond of Chris Wilcox too. Any of the aforementioned would be welcome upgrades on Mbenga and Powell, I'd be shocked and a little upset if either of them was back next year. Gotta figure the Blake signing means bye-bye Farmar too. They seem to like Shannon Brown and he's done a fine job for the most part being a versatile bench guard, I expect he and Fish to stick around. Morrison should be gone too. Morrison may actually be a good fit with the boys in Miami. The price is right and he might help space the floor.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:54 AM   #7
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
He basically pulled a Kevin Garnett, nothing wrong with it, but you wouldn't expect it from a guy who has "Chosen 1" tattooed over his shoulders. It makes you think his huge ego is just a mask.

But yes, on the other side, the superteam should at least be a lot of fun to watch.

yeah, a guy who self-glosses as "the king" and "chosen 1" saying he doesnt want to have to score 30 every night was a little weird. I gotta say I lost some respect for him (of course, it was never very high to begin with). Great bball player, comes across very forced and unfunny IMO. Not a fan before and now I think hes a villain. I have no problems with what gilbert said in that letter. lebron is a *****.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:55 AM   #8
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
I'm so happy about the Blake signing I can't tell you.

I'm not sure we can afford much more, especially if they give Fisher the 5 he wants. I was hoping to get Hak Warrick or Travis Outlaw but they're both off the market. I wonder if Udonis Haslem would come be our 4th big. I've always been fond of Chris Wilcox too. Any of the aforementioned would be welcome upgrades on Mbenga and Powell, I'd be shocked and a little upset if either of them was back next year. Gotta figure the Blake signing means bye-bye Farmar too. They seem to like Shannon Brown and he's done a fine job for the most part being a versatile bench guard, I expect he and Fish to stick around. Morrison should be gone too. Morrison may actually be a good fit with the boys in Miami. The price is right and he might help space the floor.
wilcox exercised his player option with detroit. I had always been a fan as well, but this last season really soured me on him. You can have him for powell.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #9
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
wilcox exercised his player option with detroit. I had always been a fan as well, but this last season really soured me on him. You can have him for powell.

he always seemed poised to breakout with the Sonics. I'm sure he was a letdown for the Pistons- pretty sh*tty when you're losing all your minutes to Kwame Brown.

he's an underachiever for sure. we put him with his buddy steve blake and the zen master we'll get something out of him.

boy i love luke but his contract is kind of a joke. Sasha too considering the minutes he played last year. was reading your post about our finances in the other thread, not sure I fully understand but glad to hear we have a little wiggle room.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:09 PM   #10
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I'm really interested to see how they fill out the roster around the 4 guys they currently have with just minimum contracts.

they signed Mike Miller for 30 mil over 5 seasons if you missed that. Offered Joel Anthony 1 mil as well.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:15 PM   #11
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
they signed Mike Miller for 30 mil over 5 seasons if you missed that. Offered Joel Anthony 1 mil as well.

I didn't watch any coverage really so I wasn't aware they actually had the means to get Miller. That is an incredible signing for them. He goes along great with Lebron and Wade because he can make the simple plays on offense and people have to respect his jumper. I like this team even more now.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:19 PM   #12
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Hopefully they all vote not to let Shaq join them.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:45 PM   #13
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

i hate this decision... i will be more coherent in a couple days and voice a more reasonable post in a couple days when i'm over being just let-down and pissed. although i am a big fan of Dan Gilbert's letter to the fans
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:50 PM   #14
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Like I said in primetime's thread in the OTC, I am shocked that a TV show was made out of this. Only Lebron f*cking James would have a TV show made to make his decision.

It's going to be fun to see how they do and since they're in the East, they're not that big of a threat to Memphis, apart from 2 games a year, which will most likely be blow outs. Also, since they're in the East, I don't really care how they do, but it would be nice to see them struggle.

As for Lebron, it is strange, that a guy who runs around calling himself the king, the chosen 1 and wearing t-shirts that say 'check my stats', would then join a team with Wade and Bosh, which will inevitably cause a drop in his stats.

Sure, his chances of winning go up, but he completely turned his back on not only his team, but his city, where he comes from. That's a b!tch move, no matter what way you look at it.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #15
gts
Sons of Antartica

i think eric pincus said it best on his twitter account

"lebron's decision is defensible, the presentation of the decision is not"...

myself, that 60 minute special, i'm not sure how he does that to the city of cleveland and it's fans after all the love they showered on this guy.. i was fooled, i really thought he was staying based on that show being tossed together alone....
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: