Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #151
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Bistro Rufus

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey

it's amazing. use to eat it at street stands often. very simple to make too and a great way to spice up a beef stew dish at home.
Just ate that, with a katsu, in a hot stone bowl, yesterday.

Yes, it is damn hot, but it wasn't that bad.
kaiteng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #152
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrinsic
Grilled cheese:

whole wheat bread.
sliced tomato
muenster cheese.

Damned 3 yr old. found the sliced tomato I tried to sneak in there and tossed it off to the side. It's the reason I looked for this thread. Do you have anything in your food library for tomato soup, Rufus(or anyone)? I've found this one already.

Please keep in mind, Level:Easy.
easiest and best tomato soup in the world. Take a bunch of toms (canned is probably better than out of season "fresh" toms), some garlic and onion. Throw in a pot and turn it on. Let it blister the **** out of everything (you can roast in the oven if you prefer), stirring occasionally to get everything nice and roasty. When everything is pretty well roasted, add some EVOO, salt and pepper and herns (oregano or basil work best imo) to taste and maybe some stock (depends on how juicy it is already). Blend in batches and return to pot at low heat. slowly add a little cream or half and half until its the color you want. I like to add a little grated parm as well.

There are of course a million variations on this.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #153
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Ignore the BTE part.

Just thought I'd share this with you guys. Some basic chocolate brownies topped with a bacon fat and chocolate infused cream cheese frosting and bacon-cashew crumble topping.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #154
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat

Ignore the BTE part.

Just thought I'd share this with you guys. Some basic chocolate brownies topped with a bacon fat and chocolate infused cream cheese frosting and bacon-cashew crumble topping.

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #155
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
easiest and best tomato soup in the world. Take a bunch of toms (canned is probably better than out of season "fresh" toms), some garlic and onion. Throw in a pot and turn it on. Let it blister the **** out of everything (you can roast in the oven if you prefer), stirring occasionally to get everything nice and roasty. When everything is pretty well roasted, add some EVOO, salt and pepper and herns (oregano or basil work best imo) to taste and maybe some stock (depends on how juicy it is already). Blend in batches and return to pot at low heat. slowly add a little cream or half and half until its the color you want. I like to add a little grated parm as well.

There are of course a million variations on this.

Very nice. When tomatoes are in season I'll sometimes roast them on the grill and make a version of this. Adding some jalapeņo and citrus is nice too. When out of season I've been using these lately:

It reduces the tinny taste canned tomatoes sometimes have plus you don't have to worry about the supposed health hazards.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #156
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A couple hi-lights from Thanksgiving at my place.

Duck L'Orange straight out of Jacques Pepin's book:

And a pumpkin chocolate torte with pumpkin whipped cream:

DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:04 PM   #157
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Have you ever had japanese style curry? It's not the same taste as Indian Curry, and it's pretty simple if you can find the curry mix. You make the stew and put it over rice. Let me know if interested and i tell you waht i do.

I think if you wanted something akin to an american "Stew" over rice you'd enjoy this IMO.

I have not tried it and am interested.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #158
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
A couple hi-lights from Thanksgiving at my place.

Duck L'Orange straight out of Jacques Pepin's book:

And a pumpkin chocolate torte with pumpkin whipped cream:

Gotta love Jacques Pepin.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #159
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

His Duck L'orange takes forever but the sauce is to die for.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #160
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
His Duck L'orange takes forever but the sauce is to die for.

Did you use a frozen duck or did you special order one?

This year for Christmas I ordered a fresh ham from Heritage Foods. I did a rub of kosher salt, sage, orange zest and anise. After roasting I deglazed the pan with some orange juice, reduced and finnished with some butter. It was a pretty damn good porcine feast.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #161
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

I got a fresh one from an Amish market around here.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:52 AM   #162
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
I got a fresh one from an Amish market around here.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #163
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Took some beef, carrots, potatoes and onions, threw it in a pot with some water.

You ain't shit Rufus.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #164
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

Super simple pot roast recipe is get good hunk of meat. Put it a good Dutch oven with a lid. Add a box of Pomi tomatoes and bunch cloves of garlic. Pour the tomatoes over the roast, put the garlic in, cover and cook at 350. Three hours or until the meat gets tender.

Super simple and deliciious. I just made it yesterday, it was one of my plans for the blizzard, however New York ended up not getting hit hard at all.
Quote:
I'm calling it "Winter Storm Aerosmith" 'cuz it's a big deal in Boston and it's underwhelming and played-out everywhere else.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #165
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Some nutritional advice for you ISHiots:

http://imgur.com/a/J9r3P

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: