Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #106
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Bistro Rufus

He's the best Top Chef guest judge. You can see the fear in the contestants eyes when he walks out.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #107
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Here's a bistro classic:

Chicken With 40 Cloves of Garlic

8 pieces of chicken, bone in and skin on. (Traditionally a whole cut up chicken is used but I like to use just thighs as they have a great flavor and all the serving portions come out the same).
2 tbsp butter
olive oil
4 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
salt and pepper
1 cup flour
40 cloves garlic, about 3 bulbs, peeled
1 cup cognac
4 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup heavy cream

Rinse and dry the chicken, season with salt, pepper and rosemary and dredge in the flour. Heat the butter with a little olive oil in a large skillet to high. Add the chicken and brown on both sides. Remove the chicken to a plate, lower heat to med. high and saute the garlic until brown. De-glaze the pan with the cognac, add the chicken stock and the chicken, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove the chicken to a warm plate. Turn the heat up to high and reduce the remaining liquid by 2/3. Carefully puree the remaining garlic and liquid, stir in the cream, adjust the seasonings to taste and serve sauce over the chicken.

I like to serve this with a porcini mushroom risotto.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #108
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Nice thread.

I'll bookmrk and come back with pics when I try some of Bistro Rufus' favorites.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #109
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Nice thread.

I'll bookmrk and come back with pics when I try some of Bistro Rufus' favorites.

Please do. The one thing the OTC cannot have enough of is pics of great food and scantily clad women.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #110
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I made a pretty sweet cuban sandwich yesterday, i'll have to post a pic of one as I go through all this sausage in and pork the next few days
Old 05-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #111
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
I made a pretty sweet cuban sandwich yesterday, i'll have to post a pic of one as I go through all this sausage in and pork the next few days

Recipe?
Old 12-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #112
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Finally got a decent seafood purveyor in Charlotte. Here's some pics of stuff I've gotten from them.

Maine Lobster

Served up with some melted butter and

PEI Mussels

Took the leftover shells and bodies and made a nice lobster risotto the next day.

Making the lobster stock

ingredients assembled

finished dish
Old 12-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #113
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

just quick heres a few things I made recently

Port Poached Duck breast, Raspberry and Balsamic Jelly

Goats Cheese Pannacotta, Beetroot puree, peanut brittle

White Chocolate cheesecake, raspberry and champagne Jelly

Lemon and Honey Pannacotta, Lemon Thyme and Lemon Shortbread

Right now working on Goats cheese and candied walnut Gnocchi, beetroot and chive butter and crispy basil, will hopefully have pics later
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:57 AM   #114
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

Chocolate truffle and praline tart, chantilly cream, brandy snap

BTW everything i make myself, I dont buy anything in
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:58 AM   #115
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

This was our Thanksgiving from the thread I made, should have put in here to begin with:

Quote:
This one's for Rufus.

Anyone else have pics of the festivities? Today's menu was as follows:

1st course - Bottle of red, ripened French cheese, aged Gouda, home made cran sauce and a baguette.

2nd course - Crispy roasted goose! Home made corn bread, roasted yams, roasted carrots/celery, home made cranberry sauce, and corn bread-chestnut-apple-cherry-onion-sage stuffing.

3rd - Figgy pudding bitches!

I got Victorian on that ass. The goose was off the chain.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #116
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

very nice pics you three. Nothing too fancy as of late.

Last night I made some seared lamb shoulder steaks rubbed seasoned with tumeric and ground mustard, served with pearled couscous cooked in chicken stock and butter and finished with camembert and a side salad of napa cabbage with toasted sesame seeds, shitake mushrooms and dressed with sesame oil/rice vinegar. A bit all over the place, but enjoyed nonetheless.

Sorry no pics.

Also, you fools should check out my friend paul on his show Hairy Bikers. Basically combines harvesting/hunting of regional traditional foods with some cooking elements.In s carolina its gold rice and gigging flounder. Tell me what you think.
http://www.history.com/shows/hairy-bikers
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:38 PM   #117
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Very nice my fellow foodies.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:52 PM   #118
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Here's a meal I made a few months ago.

Got these nice prawns

Stuffed them with chutney, citrus zest and coconut. Then marinated in canola oil, orange juice, soy sauce, and ginger.

Onto the grill

Served with fresh corn, heirloom tomatoes and homemade mozzarella.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:54 PM   #119
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

looks good. but wtf. do you photodocument all your meals? Are you going to make a recipe blog or something?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:56 PM   #120
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
looks good. but wtf. do you photodocument all your meals? Are you going to make a recipe blog or something?

No. I was just going through my photobucket and saw that I had a few pics of meals on there.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: