Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 11-17-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default How much patience should we have with Chandler?

I keep expecting him to get better but now I'm starting to think that he just flat out stinks. Am I wrong to think this way?
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:12 PM   #2
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Default Re: How much patience should we have with Chandler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I keep expecting him to get better but now I'm starting to think that he just flat out stinks. Am I wrong to think this way?

I expressed these sentiments a couple of weeks ago, maybe prematurely, but I stick to my opinion. He is history. He looks lost on the court, has little passion, isn't where his teammates expect him to be, is next to useless on offense and defense. I can honestly say that if Mek was contributing little then Chandler is contributing less than little. True that Chandler was out for months from surgeries but heck, watching Chandler play makes me think that Ryan Hollins was a superstar.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Remember these three things:

1. Chandler missed most of training camp recovering from surgery. He missed all of LB's teaching and running through the plays.

2. We have a huge playbook, so it's highly likely that Chandler isn't going to be quick to recognize where he's supposed to be yet after missing so much time.

3. People thought that when we got him, we were getting an all-star caliber player. NOPE. We were getting a (what we thought) more durable, tougher, better rebounding/defensive version of Mek. Look at Chandler's offensive numbers in NO, not too good. He even said in an interview that his role here is completely opposite of what it was in NO.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:15 PM   #4
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

So what are you saying Timmeh? That we should be patient with Chandler? Okay. How patient? Seriously, what is realistic?
Old 11-17-2009, 09:22 PM   #5
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Yes, give him about another month. Also, don't expect him to be an all-star caliber player. He wasn't in NO, he won't be here.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:14 PM   #6
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Yes, give him about another month. Also, don't expect him to be an all-star caliber player. He wasn't in NO, he won't be here.

You've got it. I hereby give Tyson until Dec. 17 to get his ish together. After that I start raising so much hell that the management will still completely ignore me but it will be slightly more difficult for them.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:09 AM   #7
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

Chill out. We've been extremely patient with Felton and he has not improved his shooting or playmaking.

All you can ask Chandler to do are alley-oops, tip shots off rebound, and rebounding.
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #8
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

Chris Paul almost made Chandler an all-star by himself. The trade for Okafor was made strictly for financial reasons, and seeing as how Okafor is playing for NO we got away with one.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:25 PM   #9
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
Chris Paul almost made Chandler an all-star by himself. The trade for Okafor was made strictly for financial reasons, and seeing as how Okafor is playing for NO we got away with one.

Okafor is averaging 10 points and 10 rebounds per game with NO with an average of 30 minutes playing time per game. We may have some salary cap relief but I'll be surprised if we get these kind of numbers from Chandler this season.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #10
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

"Some" salary cap relief? More like an absolutely ton of salary cap relief.. I realize right now that were on the hook with Chandler for this season and next season and were paying him just about the same as we were paying Okafor to do much less, but Id rather do that now and get it over with than deal with Okafors mediocrity for the remainder of his huge, and long contract. New Orleans is so upset with getting him that there are rumors of them trying to ship him, and his contract away for Kenny Thomas.

Last edited by liverpooty : 11-20-2009 at 01:36 PM.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:37 PM   #11
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
"Some" salary cap relief is an overstatement. I realize right now that were on the hook with Chandler for this season and next season and were paying him just about the same as we were paying Okafor to do much less, but Id rather do that now and get it over with than deal with Okafors mediocrity for the remainder of his huge, and long contract. New Orleans is so upset with getting him that there are rumors of them trying to ship him, and his contract away for Kenny Thomas.

Sounds like you feel that this is just a situation that had to happen eventually. You're probably right. I read a rumor about Mek possibly going to Sacto. Maybe he should just quit the NBA and go into finance.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:38 AM   #12
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
You've got it. I hereby give Tyson until Dec. 17 to get his ish together. After that I start raising so much hell that the management will still completely ignore me but it will be slightly more difficult for them.

Well here we are at 12/1 and Chandler finally had some decent numbers in the last game. A little more improvement and he and Nazr can be a heck of a 1-2 punch in the middle. He must, repeat must stay out of foul trouble against the Celtics tonight.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #13
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Speaking of Chandler, did anyone else see where he got fined $7500 for Tweeting during a game? That's pathetic.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:59 PM   #14
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Speaking of Chandler, did anyone else see where he got fined $7500 for Tweeting during a game? That's pathetic.

yes i read that, too. chandler knew the rules. if he f's up then he pays.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #15
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Oh I completely agree. But this whole Twitter addiction is what's pathetic. I have a Twitter accound, but I don't tweet religiously like these athletes and celebs.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: