Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-17-2009, 01:47 PM   #1
DC's Finest
My Shit Don't Stank.

DC's Finest has decent reputationDC's Finest has decent reputation
Default Bengals to sign LJ?

In my opinion, this is a horrid decision..

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,202870
DC's Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:02 PM   #2
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation
Default Re: Bengals to sign LJ?

How is it horrid? It not surprising at all that another team would be picked up so quickly. Plus he won't be starting anyway.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #3
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Bengals aren't asking him to be the 2006 Larry Johnson. They just want depth, and for someone to maybe tote the rock 5 times a game

I think he's an @sshole, but they Bengals signed him to a small deal, so if he causes problems, they can ship him outta town pretty quickly.

Win/win scenerio
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:14 PM   #4
TheGreatDeraj
Near-Life Experience

TheGreatDeraj has decent reputationTheGreatDeraj has decent reputation

Pittsburgh needs to pick him up ASAP. He went to Penn State, and we need a RB like LJ.
TheGreatDeraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #5
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
Pittsburgh needs to pick him up ASAP. He went to Penn State, and we need a RB like LJ.
Steelers and a Lakers fan? Interesting combination.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #6
TheGreatDeraj
Near-Life Experience

TheGreatDeraj has decent reputationTheGreatDeraj has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
Steelers and a Lakers fan? Interesting combination.

It's a very awesome combination. I was born in Pittsburgh(or close) before I moved to Georgia. Lakers were the reason I got into basketball. I'm really a Lakers/Hawks/Steelers fan
TheGreatDeraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:26 PM   #7
DC's Finest
My Shit Don't Stank.

DC's Finest has decent reputationDC's Finest has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
How is it horrid? It not surprising at all that another team would be picked up so quickly. Plus he won't be starting anyway.
I've always hated LJ. I just don't think hes wanted or needed. If they needed depth, like the article said they could've signed DeDe Dorsey, who for one knows the system, and doesn't bring any off field problems.
DC's Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:02 PM   #8
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Well the Bengals are no strangers to picking up players with prior issues, and again he's gonna be nothing more than a backup. His distractions will be kept at a minimum. They'll probably make a big fuss about it this Sunday on the pregame shows, but it'll simmer down after that.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #9
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
It's a very awesome combination. I was born in Pittsburgh(or close) before I moved to Georgia. Lakers were the reason I got into basketball. I'm really a Lakers/Hawks/Steelers fan
Very cool, I'm glad to see someone who's actually from Pittsburgh root for the Steelers.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:47 PM   #10
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
The Bengals aren't asking him to be the 2006 Larry Johnson. They just want depth, and for someone to maybe tote the rock 5 times a game

I think he's an @sshole, but they Bengals signed him to a small deal, so if he causes problems, they can ship him outta town pretty quickly.

Win/win scenerio
I disagree. When I watch the Bengals, the one thing that I think makes them so good this year is the chemistry that they seem to have with one another. The guys on the field and on the sideline seem to genuinely like each other and that is important in football.

Why mess with that chemistry by bringing in a malcontent like LJ? He has proven over and over that he is out for himself and he'll begin whining if he isn't given what he sees as a sufficient amount of carries per game.

I just don't get it... The Bengals' running back situation seems fine to me. I like Bernard Scott and Ced Benson as a tandem. Benson has now already come out and said that he is upset with this move.

The Bengals are doing so well.... Why even risk it? This makes zero sense to me.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #11
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I disagree. When I watch the Bengals, the one thing that I think makes them so good this year is the chemistry that they seem to have with one another. The guys on the field and on the sideline seem to genuinely like each other and that is important in football.

Why mess with that chemistry by bringing in a malcontent like LJ? He has proven over and over that he is out for himself and he'll begin whining if he isn't given what he sees as a sufficient amount of carries per game.

I just don't get it... The Bengals' running back situation seems fine to me. I like Bernard Scott and Ced Benson as a tandem. Benson has now already come out and said that he is upset with this move.

The Bengals are doing so well.... Why even risk it? This makes zero sense to me.

I'm just banking on the fact that he'll be happy going to a winning team, he knows that this is his last chance, keeps his mouth shut, and becomes another Cincinnati reclamation project.

If something like this throws off the harmony of the entire team, well then.....maybe they aren't that good after all.

I hear ya about the character concerns. They are really disturbing. If any of that resurfaces, they can get rid of the problem immediately without it being too big of a cost to them.

What's ironic is that if the Steelers had signed him like some were saying last week, I'd be saying "oh look at them getting that locker room cancer!" Of course now, I'm sitting here trying to spin this in a positive way
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:09 AM   #12
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

If the Bengals were a borderline playoff team, I probably wouldn't have as much of a problem. The Bengals are 7-2, in first place, could end up with a first round BYE, and with some luck, go all the way. Why mess with that?
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:16 AM   #13
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

LJ isnt a godsend for the Bengals franchise... but he's a "piece" we can milk the cow with.

It's a win-win for both parties... the Bengals needs a legit backup to Benson... and LJ needs to prove he's more than just an off the field trouble maker. Come late December and January the Benson / LJ combo could be a force to be reckoned with.

Yes, LJ is a risk... but I think at this point he had his head tucked between his legs and understands he's going to have to start from the bottom up.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: