Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-19-2009, 09:59 PM   #31
Newgen
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: Trade: My Jennings for his Amare?

That guy's teams is f****** stacked. I'd let it go just to even the league out... Is he not winning for some reason??
Newgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:19 AM   #32
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newgen
That guy's teams is f****** stacked. I'd let it go just to even the league out... Is he not winning for some reason??

he did not win with almost the exact same players last year
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:49 AM   #33
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:

How do you figure? LeBron, Durant, Amare and Nash are obviously superstars, and Thompson has been solid, but after that, who fills the rest of his lineup each night? Frye has been a nice surprise at times, and Bynum has played well with the Pistons hurt, but 1/3 of his roster doesnt even see the floor every night. It looks like the guy traded all of his mid round picks in 2for1s to get superstars. He might have the best starting five, but its almost impossible to win a league with that many holes in your top 10 rotation. He's probably way behind in games played because he's forced to start players that dont even get off the bench in games. That's no way to win a league.

I'd love to play against that rotation. Superstars offer stats at a higher rate than average players, but by no means are they a substitute for scrubs in the rest of your lineup. Give me 2-3 superstars and 7-8 role players that fill stat sheets in different ways, and I'll beat that team every time.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #34
browntown
Local High School Star

[quote=Phenith]Yeah, why?[/QUOTE

I'm Showtime and I want Emeka aback lol! Nah I'm kidding!
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:41 PM   #35
Newgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
How do you figure? LeBron, Durant, Amare and Nash are obviously superstars, and Thompson has been solid, but after that, who fills the rest of his lineup each night? Frye has been a nice surprise at times, and Bynum has played well with the Pistons hurt, but 1/3 of his roster doesnt even see the floor every night. It looks like the guy traded all of his mid round picks in 2for1s to get superstars. He might have the best starting five, but its almost impossible to win a league with that many holes in your top 10 rotation. He's probably way behind in games played because he's forced to start players that dont even get off the bench in games. That's no way to win a league.

I'd love to play against that rotation. Superstars offer stats at a higher rate than average players, but by no means are they a substitute for scrubs in the rest of your lineup. Give me 2-3 superstars and 7-8 role players that fill stat sheets in different ways, and I'll beat that team every time.
Etan, Darko and Maynor are the only holes on that roster at this point this year. Everyone else is receiving pt. Unless this league is unbelievably deep, he can do better. I would still expect him to be be well over 500 in h2h though.
I can understand why he wouldn't win last year. Bron and Durant wouldn't have carried that roster.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:25 PM   #36
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
Etan, Darko and Maynor are the only holes on that roster at this point this year. Everyone else is receiving pt. Unless this league is unbelievably deep, he can do better. I would still expect him to be be well over 500 in h2h though.
I can understand why he wouldn't win last year. Bron and Durant wouldn't have carried that roster.

Come on. Mikki Moore isn't a hole? Aaron Afflalo is helping his fantasy team? They score 13 points, 5 boards and 4 assists... COMBINED. Etan, Darko, Maynor, Mikki and Afflalo are five players from that squad who offer basically nothing, which is 1/3 of his total team. And that's not even considering Chalmers' slow start, or the fact that Will Bynum might be rendered useless again if Rip and Tayshaun make it back healthy. His team might be over .500, but calling the team stacked is crazy talk.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:53 PM   #37
Newgen

Their last games were pretty weak. Mikki Moore wasn't such a stretch on a 7 man roster. Admittedly I overestimated that team after seeing all the first rounders but that gm should still be dominating the league. He just needs to flip a first rounder and a filler for a few stat contributors. Unless this is a 14+ team league, I don't see why he couldn't upgrade his non factors from waivers alone.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: