Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-28-2009, 03:20 PM   #1
Interminator
Banned

Default James Harden-2010 NBA Rookie Of The Year

Currently I am 8/9 this decade in terms of correctly picking the NBA Rookie Of The Year. My only mistake was the 2003 ROY Amare Stoudemire, I had thought Yao Ming would win the award before the season began.

Anyways, James Harden's skill is undeniable and put next to a #1 option like Kevin Durant and a mediocre PG like Russell Westbrook, I believe Harden will put together an impressive statline that also requires him to create for his teammates.

Harden's basketball IQ and skill set should allow him to contribute almost immediately at a high level efficiently on a team that lacks scoring options other than Durant & Green. He will also be able to improve Russell Westbrook by keeping him off the ball in the backcourt, allowing him to move around and utilize screens to get in the lane and finish at the basket.

2009-2010 Stat Projections:
19 PPG 5 RPG 4 APG

Very similar to his college stats because I expect the game to come to him earlier than it will most other players having to adjust and work on the mental aspect of playing in the NBA.

Im sure, almost 75% of this site feels Blake Griffin will win ROY.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:21 PM   #2
Ben Jordan
High School Starter

Default Re: James Harden-2010 NBA Rookie Of The Year

Ben Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
The Joker
Agent of Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator

Currently I am 8/9 this decade in terms of correctly picking the NBA Rookie Of The Year. My only mistake was the 2003 ROY Amare Stoudemire, I had thought Yao Ming would win the award before the season began.

Anyways, James Harden's skill is undeniable and put next to a #1 option like Kevin Durant and a mediocre PG like Russell Westbrook, I believe Harden will put together an impressive statline that also requires him to create for his teammates.

Harden's basketball IQ and skill set should allow him to contribute almost immediately at a high level efficiently on a team that lacks scoring options other than Durant & Green. He will also be able to improve Russell Westbrook by keeping him off the ball in the backcourt, allowing him to move around and utilize screens to get in the lane and finish at the basket.

19 PPG 5 RPG 4 APG

Very similar to his college stats because I expect the game to come to him earlier than it will most other players having to adjust and work on the mental aspect of playing in the NBA.

Im sure, almost 75% of this site feels Blake Griffin will win ROY.
Yea he is one of my picks as well, I don't think that Griffin will win it, it's between Harden and Evans IMO.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:23 PM   #4
Ben Jordan
High School Starter

just kidding

I think he's going to be a great player, but I don't see him doing much damage till after the all star break. I thought I saw that the Thunder were going to stagger his minutes the first half of the season, just so he doesn't hit that rookie wall so hard.

I think this kid's got it. I'll be watching him.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:24 PM   #5
BeebCats
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
19 PPG 5 RPG 4 APG

Good lord that's a productive rookie.

Don't get me wrong, I think he'll be great in the league, but I doubt he'll be putting up those kinds of numbers his first year.
BeebCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:24 PM   #6
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

With Westbrook, Uncle Jeff, and Durant, there won't be a lot of shots left for Harden to have a ROY worthy season. I think Johnny Flynn who will have the ball in his hands a bulk of the time will have a better chance.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:27 PM   #7
Ben Jordan
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
With Westbrook, Uncle Jeff, and Durant, there won't be a lot of shots left for Harden to have a ROY worthy season. I think Johnny Flynn who will have the ball in his hands a bulk of the time will have a better chance.
Agreed, especially considering the Rubio talks seem to have become stagnant with the Wolves....

Flynn is a special player though. When he was drafted, I remember thinking wtf? but seeing him play this summer changed my mind. He reminds me of a poor man's Steve Nash.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #8
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker
Yea he is one of my picks as well, I don't think that Griffin will win it, it's between Harden and Evans IMO.
I think this will be among the best rookie classes in recent memory, so much talent in this Draft.

I think it will come down between Harden & Jennings. Evans' assist to turnover numbers at PG will hurt him next season, espescially if hes expected to create for the starters rather than score. Harden & Jennings are taking on more of a scoring burden for their teams which will keep both among the top of the list.

I have a sleeper candidate a lot of people may not expect to actually contend, but recent moves suggest is being given an ample chance. That player is Marcus Thornton of the New Orleans Hornets. An impressive but highly overlooked player due to his size and lack of notability coming from a Juco to LSU. If hes starting by November, he very well could be in the mix.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:34 PM   #9
pinoyballer247
Learning to shoot layups

Im pulling for Tyreke Evans. I think he's gonna be a beast for the Kings. Good thing they didn't draft Rubio.
pinoyballer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:35 PM   #10
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeebCats

Don't get me wrong, I think he'll be great in the league, but I doubt he'll be putting up those kinds of numbers his first year.
Thats due to Oklahoma City's offense which will highly uptempo under Brooks, they are literally relying on 3 players to score for them. Durant, Harden, & Green.

There are no other legit offensive options on this team although they will be focusing on offense, thats the reason why people expect Durant to average 30-35 PPG next season.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:39 PM   #11
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
You do realize letting Westbrook, Jeff Green, and Durant taking so many shots is the main reason why they currently have Harden?

We're talking about under Brooks, one of the least efficient squads in recent memory in terms of a squad that focused on offense. Westbrook & Green were forced to step into roles of scorers, which has not and never will be their roles as players in the NBA.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:10 PM   #12
goldenryan
I'm Back

8/9 is impressive. i think harden will be good.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:54 PM   #13
Jeffrey_Teague
Pistons, Raps, UCONN

I somewhat want to believe that statement but after all the Michael Beasley predictions of ROY last season was a fail because of the fact Dwayne Wade did everything for the team so he barely got enough touches ..Harden might get the same treatment but I think he'll be able too dish out the ball well
Jeffrey_Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:58 PM   #14
BallersTalk
Banned

19ppg my ass.

Griffin's taking this easy.
BallersTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:00 PM   #15
BallersTalk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeebCats

Yeah, I don't know what this guy's smoking. 19/5/4 is damn near All-Star numbers.
BallersTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: