Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Need serious Fantasy Football advice

I didn't see a trades thread on the first few pages, so if Jeff/Steve want to merge this with another thread, it is fine with me.

Anyway... I have a serious decision to make. I am in a pay league and I'm currently 6-2. Lots of money on the line. I've found myself in a situation where my WRs are stacked and my RBs are totally weak.

Here are my WRs:

Fitz
Desean Jackson
Percy Harvin
Santana Moss

My RBs: (Yuck)

Steve Slaton
Felix Jones
Larry Johnson
Chester Taylor

I let it be known that DJax and Harvin were on the table. I've got two very interesting trade offers...

Steven Jackson for DeSean Jackson
Ricky Williams for Percy Harvin

What do you guys think? I think I'm leaning toward Williams for Harvin.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #2
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Need serious Fantasy Football advice

You could've posted this in this thread.
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:04 PM   #3
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^^^Like I said... If the mods want to merge this with an existing thread, I don't mind. I know that Marlo was the one patrolling that thread, though, and he is gone. This is serious business and I have to make a decision.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:05 PM   #4
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Take Williams..

Keep DeShean Jackson.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #5
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

The guy who offered me Williams for Harvin just came back and said that he doesn't really need Harvin and that he might be interested in Williams for Brent Celek. He had Owen Daniels who is obviously done for the year. I have a capable backup TE in Keller, so that is a trade I would do in a second, being that could still keep all of my WRs.

I'm starting to sour on the SJax for DJax trade after taking a good look at SJax's numbers. He is third in the league in rushing, but he only has 1 TD. DJax has 5 TDs.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #6
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Williams for Celek? Do it, IMO. Keller is a capable starter.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #7
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would take the Steven Jackson for Desean Jackson trade after this bye week. Would not do Ricky for Harvin. What are the rest of your WRs? I'm assuming you got depth there? Who did you choose in the first 2 rounds because I see no one on your team that you would have chosen there preseason.

And yeah, Do Williams for Celek in a heartbeat.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:17 PM   #8
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
If that trade is offered, I will be all over it. The problem is, he said 'maybe.' Meanwhile, this SJax for DJax trade has already been formally offered. I guess I just need to be patient and see what else comes, but it is tough when you have an interesting offer sitting out there.

What are your thoughts on SJax for DJax?
Old 11-03-2009, 04:18 PM   #9
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux

+1
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #10
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
I would take the Steven Jackson for Desean Jackson trade after this bye week. Would not do Ricky for Harvin. What are the rest of your WRs? I'm assuming you got depth there? Who did you choose in the first 2 rounds because I see no one on your team that you would have chosen there preseason.

And yeah, Do Williams for Celek in a heartbeat.
My second round pick was Slaton ( ). I took Fitz in the first round. Keep in mind that this is a PPR league. Slaton and Fitz were both projected in the first two rounds.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:22 PM   #11
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Get SJax. He's going to be far more consistent than DJax and he has some serious cupcake matchups in the last half of the season. You're never going to look at a Rams boxscore and go "WTF? Did Jackson get hurt or something?" only to find out he just sucked that game. That happens on occasion with DeSean. Maclin turning into a deep ball threat could take his catches away too.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #12
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Get SJax. He's going to be far more consistent than DJax and he has some serious cupcake matchups in the last half of the season. You're never going to look at a Rams boxscore and go "WTF? Did Jackson get hurt or something?" only to find out he just sucked that game. That happens on occasion with DeSean. Maclin turning into a deep ball threat could take his catches away too.
Interesting. The "WTF" moments that you have described has happened a couple of times with DJax. The fact that he lives and dies with the big play definitely keeps me on edge. If he doesn't have those 50+ yard TDs, he tends not to produce.

I guess I could take the SJax for DJax deal and, if my other one comes through, I could also get Williams for Celek. It isn't like I can only do one of the trades.

The truth is, I need two starters at RB, the way it is looking with Slaton.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:33 PM   #13
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

SJax definitely has the easier schedule.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #14
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Here is how they have stacked up, week-by-week, in my league (by points)...

Desean Jackson
Week 1 - 6 points
Week 2 - 21 points
Week 3 - 26 points
Week 4 - Bye
Week 5 - 1 point
Week 6 - 15 points
Week 7 - 27 points
Week 8 - 16 points

Steven Jackson
Week 1 - 6 points
Week 2 - 15 points
Week 3 - 21 points
Week 4 - 11 points
Week 5 - 12 pionts
Week 6 - 18 points
Week 7 - 14 points
Week 8 - 25 points
Old 11-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #15
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Steven Jackson has been a beast this year minus the touchdowns. He is a guy that continually gets better as the season goes along. Grab him for Desean and run with it.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: