Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #31
Knicks101
We hoopin?

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Knicks will NOT offer Iverson a contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukekarts
Ages ago. That's because they keep signing players they think are Superstars to big contracts (e.g. Randolph) whilst signing crap players to long contracts, again taking too much cap space. If everyone wanted to play for them, they wouldn't have to offer someone like Zach $14m per year to get them to stay.

We didn't give Randolph that contract. Get your facts straight.
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:24 AM   #32
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
think about the two parts of your sentence. a lot of nba stars want to play for them, yet they somehow havent been able to land one? The knicks as a mecca of bball is just ridiculous. they have been an average to below average team most of their existence and thats not changing soon.

Yeah and thats COMPLETELY based on management/owner. Just like it is now. No other franchise attracts young players that want to play in NY, in MSG. Hell the best player in the NBA along with multiples of other stars have talked about growing up hoping to one day playing in MSG for NY.

From Dolan to Isaiah to Walsh now is why they've always signed scrubs, while having the most attractive franchise and market for the top players. Its like being the Yankee's but you only sign role players and a few good ones and pray they over-achieve. Thats the Knicks for the last 20~ years.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #33
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101
So why do you hate Walsh? Explain.
Explain? I don't "hate" Walsh, that's idiotic and it makes something personal that isn't.

I think that he should be fired because he's not doing a very good job. In last year's draft he took a slow Gallinari (whose father played with No-D'Antoni in Italy) over Lopez and Gordon, and this year's debacle -- Hill over Jennings.

Clearing cap space is one thing, but you have to do it in a way that you can still put a viable product out on the floor. That isn't happening. The Knicks are putrid, and fans are turning away in droves.

The Iverson move was one that wouldn't "turn the team around" but would have at least injected some excitement into the Garden. Now that's dead.

This bad management cannot continue. NY won't stand for it. I said last year that D'Antoni would last only two years. Next year, there will be a new coach, book it. Now, I definitely feel that Walsh is a bigger part of the problem that I had initially thought, and needs to go as well.

A GM who understands how to build a team (something that Walsh is not known for) and a coach who knows that defense wins championships are what is needed now.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #34
Knicks101
We hoopin?

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
Explain? I don't "hate" Walsh, that's idiotic and it makes something personal that isn't.

I think that he should be fired because he's not doing a very good job. In last year's draft he took a slow Gallinari (whose father played with No-D'Antoni in Italy) over Lopez and Gordon, and this year's debacle -- Hill over Jennings.

Clearing cap space is one thing, but you have to do it in a way that you can still put a viable product out on the floor. That isn't happening. The Knicks are putrid, and fans are turning away in droves.

The Iverson move was one that wouldn't "turn the team around" but would have at least injected some excitement into the Garden. Now that's dead.

This bad management cannot continue. NY won't stand for it. I said last year that D'Antoni would last only two years. Next year, there will be a new coach, book it. Now, I definitely feel that Walsh is a bigger part of the problem that I had initially thought, and needs to go as well.

A GM who understands how to build a team (something that Walsh is not known for) and a coach who knows that defense wins championships are what is needed now.

That's the thing, you can't have a great team and try to clear cap at the same time. It just doesn't work that way. Teams aren't going to just give up their best players with expiring contracts because you ask them to.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #35
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz has a terrific reputationtontoz has a terrific reputationtontoz has a terrific reputationtontoz has a terrific reputationtontoz has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
This bad management cannot continue. NY won't stand for it.

I got a chuckle out of that. When was the last time the Knicks actually had good management?
tontoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:30 AM   #36
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

Quote:
No, that's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying if we have a superstar player and we still suck(which we will with Iverson), our team actually looks worse than if we don't have one. We can blame our futility on the fact that we don't have that guy to close games out in the 4th quarter.

just curious when is the last time you've seen AI play? AI is not this washed up scrub the media and GM's are portraying him to be. He's pretty much the same player from 2-3 years ago that can still beat most people off the dribble and make a ton of shots. The only thing thats really changed is his age.

I mean i understand and agree with his true downsides which is him shooting too much, and living and dying by him. But in D Antoni's offense that is way less of a problem considering everyone is chucking it. Seriously this is some of the dumbest GM'iing i've seen in a while, considering how cheap and low risk they are getting AI for, based on a team that is a cellar dweller in the NBA right now. You're not fixing anything remaining complacent with very little talent.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:33 AM   #37
Knicks101
We hoopin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
just curious when is the last time you've seen AI play? AI is not this washed up scrub the media and GM's are portraying him to be. He's pretty much the same player from 2-3 years ago that can still beat most people off the dribble and make a ton of shots. The only thing thats really changed is his age.

I mean i understand and agree with his true downsides which is him shooting too much, and living and dying by him. But in D Antoni's offense that is way less of a problem considering everyone is chucking it. Seriously this is some of the dumbest GM'iing i've seen in a while, considering how cheap and low risk they are getting AI for, based on a team that is a cellar dweller in the NBA right now. You're not fixing anything remaining complacent with very little talent.

I know that Iverson can still play. Never said that he couldn't. I don't think that he gives us any more wins though.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:35 AM   #38
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I know that Iverson can still play. Never said that he couldn't. I don't think that he gives us any more wins though.
this. besides, hes not the same player he was 3 years ago. he is noticeably slower and it has impacted him getting his crazy circus shots off. He cant drive and finsih like he used to.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:41 AM   #39
lukekarts
Local High School Star

lukekarts has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
We didn't give Randolph that contract. Get your facts straight.

Sorry I didn't mean to imply they offered him the contract, but they signed him in a trade for Francis and Fry (IIRC?) as they thought he was a superstar.

Regardless, they've always ended up overpaying for mediocre players, whether they've traded for them or been the ones offering the contract.
lukekarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #40
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
this. besides, hes not the same player he was 3 years ago. he is noticeably slower and it has impacted him getting his crazy circus shots off. He cant drive and finsih like he used to.

Yes he is. Do you really think he dropped off much in Denver? He looked like the same AI to me in Memphis also. Are you going by watching him or from what the media/GM's think/say?

I'm far from AI's biggest supporter. I know and understand why Denver didn't bring him back. I know why Memphis didn't want him to start. But that had very little to do with AI lacking game and being in decline, more than the futures of those franchises and the wishy washy nature of AI's game living and dying by him. NY is just a completely different situation that doesn't parallel Denver nor Memphis whatsoever.

I can see these idiots trading draft picks and all kinds of stupid crap to get Monta and paying him something ridiculous, when they could've gotten AI for practically nothing who can do a lot of the same things. I mean AI is so cheap right now in relation to the talent its just hilarious Walsh is so against it. Character issues in relation to this situation is as retarded an excuse anyone can give because they have nothing to lose, unlike a lot of other teams. If they were doing well i'd understand but cmon...
Old 11-20-2009, 11:50 AM   #41
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dear Iverson,

Please retire before you make more of a fool of yourself.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:52 AM   #42
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
That's the thing, you can't have a great team and try to clear cap at the same time. It just doesn't work that way. Teams aren't going to just give up their best players with expiring contracts because you ask them to.
I said a viable team, not a great team. A team that even if they don't have the best players, people will come out to watch because they play hard and win their fair share of games. That should be the minimum goal for any sports franchise, especially in a major market.

Quote:
I got a chuckle out of that. When was the last time the Knicks actually had good management?
Too long ago. That's why changes have to be made. The rage over the Isiah era is still pretty fresh. People wanted to believe that Walsh/D'Antoni would set the team on the right path. That doesn't appear to be happening, and the leash won't be a long as the one that Isiah had.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:54 AM   #43
Poodle
Banned

Whats worse is the Knicks are starting Duhon and Larry Hughes right now at the guard spots, and they pretend AI won't help in an offense that is as run and gun there is in the league? Duhon - Hughes....is there a bigger joke than them bankiing their future on these 2 players over AI or Nate Rob?

At least D Antoni has the sense to take AI for nothing. Walsh is a f'in moron.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:02 PM   #44
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
Yes he is. Do you really think he dropped off much in Denver? He looked like the same AI to me in Memphis also. Are you going by watching him or from what the media/GM's think/say?

I'm far from AI's biggest supporter. I know and understand why Denver didn't bring him back. I know why Memphis didn't want him to start. But that had very little to do with AI lacking game and being in decline, more than the futures of those franchises and the wishy washy nature of AI's game living and dying by him. NY is just a completely different situation that doesn't parallel Denver nor Memphis whatsoever.

I can see these idiots trading draft picks and all kinds of stupid crap to get Monta and paying him something ridiculous, when they could've gotten AI for practically nothing who can do a lot of the same things. I mean AI is so cheap right now in relation to the talent its just hilarious Walsh is so against it. Character issues in relation to this situation is as retarded an excuse anyone can give because they have nothing to lose, unlike a lot of other teams. If they were doing well i'd understand but cmon...
believe me, I watched 54 games of his last year. Hes not the same player he was the first year he was with denver. Are you really judging his 3 game memphis performance?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:07 PM   #45
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
Maybe AI and Marbury can get a place together, put up a bunch of webcams, and broadcast 24/7.
if you can get steve francis in there i'm down
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: