Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 11-21-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
e's Nikees
I brick open layups

e's Nikees has decent reputation
Default Which player you base your game on?

I'm a point guard who's always looking to pass, and make the right play. I base my game on Steve Nash and Tony Parker.

I love Nash's ball handling ability, and im intrigued by Parker's speed and quickness, and his ability to score anytime he wants.

The only diffrence between me and Nash is that I don't shoot the way he does.
e's Nikees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #2
zxc5395
Can barely lace up my sneakers

zxc5395 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Which player you base your game on?

Im a guard that likes shooting and slashing and passing probably comes last unless im in a bad condition. So i base my game on Kobe because of his moves like the turn around jumper and Manu Ginoblis quick slashing abilities
zxc5395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #3
S13M
High school junior varsity star

S13M is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I don't know. I'm more of a defensive minded player and I'm usually assigned to guard the opposition's best perimeter player.

Most of my points come on fastbreaks, though I'll make the occasional open jumper in half-court game.
S13M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:30 PM   #4
anthonyRandolph
Crescent City

anthonyRandolph has decent reputation

Anthony Randolph and Kevin Durant.
anthonyRandolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:44 PM   #5
MannyO
Super Cool E

MannyO has decent reputation

I try to play like Chris Paul because he is always in control of the game. He gets his team involved and he could drop 50 if he needs to. I also like how he gets to the basket.
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:10 PM   #6
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Kobe... But I play almost exactly like Ron Artest. I prefer to get my teammates involved butI can also score one on one (my handles are kind of weak tho and can lose the ball like him sometimes) and am a good post player and rebounder. My post moves are like Kobe's tho...

Last edited by Swaggin916 : 11-21-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:37 PM   #7
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

I don't think that there's one single player I base my game on. Most players have extremes or something. They're so great at doing "x" but they can't do much of "y". Not saying I have no holes in my game. I have a lot, but then I'd rather take many dimensions of the game from various players rather than try to emulate or duplicate a single player's style.
NotYetGreat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:51 AM   #8
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

people say i'm a combination of michael jordan, kobe bryant, isiah thomas, greg ostertag, larry bird, david thompson...
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:31 AM   #9
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffttime
people say i'm a combination of michael jordan, kobe bryant, isiah thomas, greg ostertag, larry bird, david thompson...

One of those doesn't fit
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #10
Junny
I air my balls

Junny has decent reputation

I don't really base my game on one player. The ones that immediately come to mind are Tim Duncan and Shaq. Even then I don't really "study" them. I do however, always watch players with their back to the basket when I watch an NBA game.
Junny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:02 PM   #11
JG000
High School JV MVP

JG000 has an OK reputation so far

Closest player right now for me is Stephen Curry.
JG000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:26 PM   #12
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I never really tried to imitate anyone's game... My shooting form was kind of modeled after Karl Malone's, weird enough.

I'd say I compare to Pierce/Turkoglu. Never the fastest/strongest, but I have a great mid range game, finish with contact, create my own shot. I'm also deadly from 3.

I don't like being the primary ball handler, because I feel like I need to pass all the time at PG... But I bring it up on occasion or if the PG is out.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:53 PM   #13
MannyO
Super Cool E

MannyO has decent reputation

I need to work on my ball handling A LOT now too. Over the summer my handles were well on point but I slacked off and can barely dribble now.
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #14
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyO
I need to work on my ball handling A LOT now too. Over the summer my handles were well on point but I slacked off and can barely dribble now.

Me too. Yesterday I went on a 2 1/4 mile walk, while dribbling and practicing my moves. My f*cking arms are killing me now. I haven't dribbled that much in a long ass time.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:08 PM   #15
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Iverson. I am a monster on the break. I am also pretty good with oops as well.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: