Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Oklahoma City Thunder Forum

Oklahoma City Thunder Forum Oklahoma City Thunder forum - OKC Thunder message board

Old 04-24-2010, 01:38 AM   #16
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Ridiculously Early Offseason Ideas

Updated 4/24
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:07 PM   #17
mtc
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mtc has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobraves
Watching college ball always gets me excited for the draft and the offseason. We look really good this year but with a good offseason and draft I think we could become a legit contender next year and for years to come.

Ill keep updating this as the year goes on.

Sign Durant and Westbrook to contract extentions

Free Agents:

Re-sign:
Nobody

Dont re-sign:
Kevin Ollie: All washed up and I think Westbrook is past the point where he needs a veteran to show him the ropes.

Etan Thomas: There just isn't any room for him.

Sign:

Chris Bosh PF

Bosh has said before that he wouldn't mind playing in OKC and there have been a lot of rumors that he may sign with the Thunder lately. We sign Bosh to a MAX deal and we instantly become a championship contender. A solid all around player and the legit PF we need. Bosh would be good in transition which is where the Thunder thrive.

Trade for Samuel Dalembert

OKC gets:
Dalembert

Phili gets:
OKC 1st
PHX 1st
DJ White
OKC 2011 1st (Lottery Protected)

Why?
We finally get the defensive center that we need. Dalembert is a good fit for OKC and we can get him without having to trade Green (We would have had to trade Green to get Haywood). The 76ers do it because they need to rebuild and they get a solid young PF in White that just hasn't been able to see time in Oklahoma City.

Draft (Using Draftexpress.com's order)

Round 2 (Pick 32): Jordan Crawford SG, Xavier

Crawford is a great shooter and a pretty good defender. Crawford could compete with Harden for playing time and it's always good to have a shooter coming off the bench.

Round 2 (Pick 48, from Portland): Nemanja Bjelica, PG/SG/SF, Serbia

This guy is so intriguing. He is a 6' 10" PG with excellent ball handling and passing skills. He also rebounds well. Here's his draftexpress profile, he is truly one of a kind.
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Bjelica-5510/

Depth Chart:

Westbrook/Maynor/
Harden/Sefolosha/Crawford/Weaver
Durant/Green/Nemanja-Bjelica
Bosh/Ibaka/Collison/
Dalembert/Krstic/Mullens

That looks like one hell of a good defensive team and a championship contender. We would have a lot of versatility and a bunch of solid role players coming off the bench. Jeff Green can be the first guy off the bench and will get to play SF which is his natural position. I would be very happy if this was our team coming into next year.

Wow, just wow if this ends up being the way things unfold! It doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility either.....Phily gets good value for Dally and signing Bosh is at least possible...interesting to see what actually occurs but I like your thinking.
mtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:07 AM   #18
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Indy's #10 + salary filler (I think Solomon Jones works) FOR OKC's #21 + Eric Maynor. Dig it?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:25 AM   #19
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Indy's #10 + salary filler (I think Solomon Jones works) FOR OKC's #21 + Eric Maynor. Dig it?
Thats pretty tempting for the thunder however I doubt they would do it. I think Scott Brooks really likes Maynor and the way he controls the game. I would take that trade because we already have Westbrook and we could grab a center at #10 but in the end I doubt Presti would accept because he is trying to keep the young core players together.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:49 PM   #20
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Updated 6/19
Old 06-21-2010, 02:48 PM   #21
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why not go After Tyson Chandler. Especially if he opts out. You'll get him cheaper, and for longer. He's young big, rough, rebounds, and blocks shots. Granted he does have that nasty injury history but still. He's better than nothing.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:00 PM   #22
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Why not go After Tyson Chandler. Especially if he opts out. You'll get him cheaper, and for longer. He's young big, rough, rebounds, and blocks shots. Granted he does have that nasty injury history but still. He's better than nothing.
I have the Thunder signing him in my latest update. I completely agree with everything you said there, if you go to the first post you will see more of my reasoning.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:07 AM   #23
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobraves
Thats pretty tempting for the thunder however I doubt they would do it. I think Scott Brooks really likes Maynor and the way he controls the game. I would take that trade because we already have Westbrook and we could grab a center at #10 but in the end I doubt Presti would accept because he is trying to keep the young core players together.
Rumors floating that this trade's in the negotiation stages, #10 + filler for Maynor + 18 + 21. I think that's too much for #10, so the problem's the filler. At first I thought Brandon Rush but OKC's pretty stacked on the wings. Hibbert's too much and I'm sure Presti knows it.

Maybe if their guy's there, whomever it is, at 10 they just take Solo and deem it worth it.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:34 PM   #24
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Rumors floating that this trade's in the negotiation stages, #10 + filler for Maynor + 18 + 21. I think that's too much for #10, so the problem's the filler. At first I thought Brandon Rush but OKC's pretty stacked on the wings. Hibbert's too much and I'm sure Presti knows it.

Maybe if their guy's there, whomever it is, at 10 they just take Solo and deem it worth it.
I hope OKC doesn't pull the trigger with that because in my opinion there is not a huge difference in the talent you can get at 10 compared to the talent you can get at 18. There's only really 9 players that would be worth moving up for (Wall, Turner, Favors, Cousions, Aminu, Monroe, Udoh, Johnson and maybe Davis).

I'd be fine with using all 3 of our first rounders and keeping Maynor.

The only way I would go through with it is if we were getting Hibbert but thats not going to happen.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: