Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 11-22-2009, 10:36 PM   #1
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Pacers/nets Trade Idear

Took this from my thread in the Pacers' forum, so excuse the "we" talk, as I'm talking to Pacers fans.

Anyways

Obviously the Nets are dreadful... And even though they're completely injured, they still may be up for a trade... Maybe we could sell them some "defense" with Rush.

Think they'd bit on a

Rush + Diener + 1st round pick

for

Courtney Lee + Eduardo Najera?

They have Najera signed for three more years making 3mil a season, seemingly a contract they'd like to have disappear. The Pacers could take his terrible deal, along with Lee for Rush, Diener, and a 1st round pick from next season or the year after.

I think the nets may be weary on this deal, just because they bought HIGH from Orlando, by moving VC, Ryan Anderson, etc... But this move could really help them. The Nets automatically save over half a mil on the deal, plus the three years the lose off of Najera. Sure they lose Lee and his promise, but Rush has similar promise, and is twice the defender of Lee..

Yay/Nay?
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:53 PM   #2
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Pacers/nets Trade Idear

so, the obvious Q: if rush is better than lee, then why do the trade?

worse, why throw in a #1 pick and take on a bad contract?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:30 AM   #3
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Where'd you come up with that?

I said Rush is a better defender. In no way does that make him a better player. And that's not what I said.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:51 AM   #4
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
...Rush has similar promise, and is twice the defender of Lee.
so rush has "similar promise and is twice the defender" lee is, but is actually worse overall?

er, okay...
Old 11-23-2009, 01:05 AM   #5
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
so rush has "similar promise and is twice the defender" lee is, but is actually worse overall?

er, okay...
Promise and upside are completely different than status quo, mi amigo.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:30 AM   #6
gigantes
A piece of fluff

heh, indeed. so this trade is predicated on the pacers bailing on rush's promise and upside after only one year in expectation that the nets are bailing on lee's promise and upside after only six games. then throwing in a #1 and taking a bad contract just to make things more interesting.

you gotta love these GM's, always acting like bored little kids trading their baseball cards back and forth every day.

oh, wait...
Old 11-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #7
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd do that.... the 1st rounder speaks a whole lot....
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:16 PM   #8
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
heh, indeed. so this trade is predicated on the pacers bailing on rush's promise and upside after only one year in expectation that the nets are bailing on lee's promise and upside after only six games. then throwing in a #1 and taking a bad contract just to make things more interesting.

you gotta love these GM's, always acting like bored little kids trading their baseball cards back and forth every day.

oh, wait...
I'm not sure if you're completely hating on me in this thread, or if you're being serious.

I know you don't like me, but I thought we bonded a couple years back with all that oldschool SNL talk?

Sup with that? We bros?
Old 11-23-2009, 06:57 PM   #9
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
I'm not sure if you're completely hating on me in this thread, or if you're being serious.

I know you don't like me, but I thought we bonded a couple years back with all that oldschool SNL talk?

Sup with that? We bros?
two things, catz:

1) when someone proposes a trade or something like that, i expect to see a rudimentary breakdown. show me that you take your own idea at all seriously by making a case for it from a b-ball aficianado's POV... ie what's in it for both orgs and what are the relevant stats supporting your idea? i shouldn't even have to point this stuff out but it's probably necessary here. and yes, i am probably very spoiled for being privy to netsdaily, but once you get used to consistently high-quality basketball posts then most of the junior high stuff posted here tends to look like what it is... utter crap. oh and btw, the fact that you omitted the first line of your own post when copying it over here from the pacers forum didn't look especially good. you know, the one about rush being an awful shooter...

2) i am sick and tired of the way that you still hound VCDAPTW's jock after all this time. i mean, yea, you guys were funny at one time and you maybe had a point for awhile sticking it to him, but this summer, after all this friggen time, i saw you bring this sh!t up yet again out of the blue, unprovoked, busting his balls for the umpteenth time for no particular good reason. i mean, the guy tried to come back and let bygones be bygones, start over, etc, yet you and the usual gang of sh!theads just can't seem to let that happen. nevermind that he generally had something detailed and interesting to say about b-ball, because you guys never cared about that.

so yea, despite you being a pretty cool guy in some ways, your repeated actions are the ones that make the case for you. basically, get back to me in a decade when you grow up and discover a sense of decency and honesty.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:05 PM   #10
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^That dude left again...wow he actually knew what he was talking about and was posting regularly here....
Its a shame the same *******s keep running him out of this site.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:25 AM   #11
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Who was talking crap about him?

I made it be known who he was, yes. But to be honest, I was actually intrigued by the way he reacted to the whole VC incident... I have always wanted to ask him questions to be honest. Not to needle the guy, or hound him, but to actually see why he thought it was such a big deal that he had to create a whole other screenname.

Have I been juvenile in the past? Yes. Have I grown up almost 3 years since the incident? Yes. Was this post thrown together crappily? Actually, yes.

But you're another dude I find intriguing on here, gigantes. So that's basically the reason for my last post. You Nets fans all stick together, and I also find that interesting.. Anyways, good for you guys for being tight-knit, but to be honest, don't look into this forum too much as far as a poster's personality being indicative of what he's really like in the real world. I actually do take some offense to that junior high remark, but it's whatever. If you want to sit on your high horse like you're better than 99% of insidehoops, then fine, go ahead. I'll chill and be real.

Anyways, I appreciate your post and the entirety of my question in which you answered to a T. For that I thank you.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:14 PM   #12
gigantes
A piece of fluff

let's put it this way, catz: you had a chance to get whatever burning questions you had answered in PM's, as opposed to doing it publically and being part of a pack mentality. if the PM's were ignored then you could take that as a pretty safe bet that the person wanted the issue dropped. this is not rocket science here.

as for your idea that 'i think i'm better than 99% of ISH', well, if i'm posting in the bball areas then i want to talk about bball. it's pretty much that simple. as for people who want to 'keep it real', i thought that's what the OCL was for. you know, so i don't have to wade through giant piles of internet drama and mind-numbing crap just to get to something interesting about basketball in a basketball forums.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:34 AM   #13
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
let's put it this way, catz: you had a chance to get whatever burning questions you had answered in PM's, as opposed to doing it publically and being part of a pack mentality. if the PM's were ignored then you could take that as a pretty safe bet that the person wanted the issue dropped. this is not rocket science here.

as for your idea that 'i think i'm better than 99% of ISH', well, if i'm posting in the bball areas then i want to talk about bball. it's pretty much that simple. as for people who want to 'keep it real', i thought that's what the OCL was for. you know, so i don't have to wade through giant piles of internet drama and mind-numbing crap just to get to something interesting about basketball in a basketball forums.

It's an internet forum, get over it.

You gonna post pics you claim is yourself, and then on top of that when everything comes out about it, he takes it poorly? It was funny, who cares?

You act like his grandpa.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:40 AM   #14
gigantes
A piece of fluff

oh, "it's an internet forum"... good one... never heard that before.

or do you have something interesting to say about basketball? that's pretty-much all it comes down to.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:24 AM   #15
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Is that this year's pick or another year's pick? I like Courtney better than Rush right now despite Rush's size and length.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: