Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-22-2009, 11:41 PM   #1
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Wes Welker

has roughly 80 catches for 850 yards through 8 games

is he human?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:02 AM   #2
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Wes Welker

so glad someone traded him to me for steve smith in week 4
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:19 AM   #3
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

In the NBA forum, there's a Marcus Thornton thread. I know him personally. We went to college together our first two years.

Well, I also know Wes Welker personally. It's amazing when you look at his story. QB at a private high school in Oklahoma, wins the high school state title. Goes to TT and has a solid career, but nothing too special. Drafted by Dolphins and very under-utilized, then gets to NE and becomes a top 5 WR.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:33 AM   #4
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
has roughly 80 catches for 850 yards through 8 games

is he human?

I'm astonished defenses don't focus on him. He is Brady's safety blanket. I'd rather take my chances with Moss and shut Welker down than let my team get nickle and dimed and then sliced apart.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:38 AM   #5
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

He's a product of Moss. Great player nonetheless, and his short passes make up for the Patriots average running game.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:56 AM   #6
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

he is awesome. Got me like 30+ pts in my big money league. and won the game for me.

No one on the Jets can cover him. great route runner and a beast catcher!
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:11 PM   #7
Blzrfn
Decent playground baller

Blzrfn has an OK reputation so far

He is a good player, but, like Brady, he benefits from that system, and having Moss on the other side.
Blzrfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:48 PM   #8
steeph28
Custom User Title

steeph28 has an OK reputation so far

haha and the pats got him from the dolphins for a second round pick.
steeph28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:38 PM   #9
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

AtomSmasher has decent reputationAtomSmasher has decent reputation

Wes Welker is what you call an anomaly in the NFL. He possesses a very unique skill set. He's as a good a route runner as any receiver in the league. He also just has a 'knack' for getting open. This is something that you can't teach. He's an extremely hard worker that is incredibly sure handed. He is the greatest slot receiver I've ever seen and easily amongst my favorite players in the NFL.

Last edited by AtomSmasher : 11-26-2009 at 12:05 AM.
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:58 PM   #10
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
Wes Welker is what you call an anomaly in the NFL. He possesses a very unique skill set. He's as a good a route runner as any receiver in the league. He also just has a 'knack' at getting open. He's a hard worker that is incredibly sure handed. He is the greatest slot receiver I've ever seen and easily amongst my favorite players in the NFL.
Nice post.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:16 AM   #11
aj242
I hit open 5-footers

aj242 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
I'm astonished defenses don't focus on him. He is Brady's safety blanket. I'd rather take my chances with Moss and shut Welker down than let my team get nickle and dimed and then sliced apart.

Then you will get killed quickly by the 40-60 yard Bomb by Moss. Nickel & dime is a slow death. That gives you time to stop the bleeding.

Moss is instant suicide. I'll take the slow death.
aj242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:04 AM   #12
ArizaAttack24

Great WR no doubt, my favorite part is that he's far from the most athletic WR out there, but he just flat out gets the job done. Anyways, I think of him as the Pau Gasol of WRs. He could be a pretty decent 1st option, nothing special, but he'll look amazing as a 2nd option though.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: