Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-23-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Default New York, Philadelphia, Dallas, and Green Bay... One Team will stay home

Philladelphia (6-4)

Washington
@ Atlanta
@ NY Giants**
San Francisco
Denver
@ Dallas**

Dallas (7-3)

Oakland
@ NY Giants**
San Diego
@ New Orleans
@ Washington
Philadelphia**

Green Bay (6-4)

@ Detroit
Baltimore
@ Chicago
@ Pittsburgh
Seattle
Arizona

New York (6-4)

@ Denver
Dallas**
Philadelphia**
@ Washington
Carolina
@ Minnesota

Doomsday Breakdown

It appears that New York and Green Bay will have automatic wins at the end of the season because Arizona and Minnesota will rest their starters.

Green Bay holds the tie breaker over Dallas

Looks like the Dallas Philly game at the end of the season will have major playoff implications.

Predictions

NY - 2 losses, beats Dallas (10-6)
GB - 2 losses (10-6)
Phi - 3 losses (9-7)
Dal - 3 losses (10-6)

I'm gonna go with Philadelphia missing the Playoffs.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Default Re: New York, Philadelphia, Dallas, and Green Bay... One Team will stay home

NYG is gonna have to get their **** together. It took OT for them to not get their 5th straight loss. A split with WAS might be in their cards. Green Bay I keep overrating in my head, I think they're better than what they are. I pick them to win a lot of games but they dissapoint a lot.

As much flack as the NFC East has got, they might have 3 teams in the playoffs.

edit: Al Harris and Aaron Kampman to have season ending surgeries.

Last edited by Posterize246 : 11-23-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #3
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: New York, Philadelphia, Dallas, and Green Bay... One Team will stay home

The Eagles usually hit their stride this time of year.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:17 PM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

i'm lost on why a dallas fan would attempt or waste time breaking this down. you wanted philly counted out before u went into your step by step BS.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:29 PM   #5
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

Dallas plays 4 playoff teams over the next 6 weeks. They also play the TOUGH Redskins and the pesky Raiders. They could easily go on a 3 game skid with NYG/SD/NO in a row. Another Philly beatdown to end the season of course.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:11 PM   #6
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

Green Bay are going to suffer with both Harris & Kampman done for the season..
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:02 PM   #7
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
i'm lost on why a dallas fan would attempt or waste time breaking this down. you wanted philly counted out before u went into your step by step BS.
no he explained it and it makes sense to me...

Philly and Dallas both have the hardest schedules remaining assuming that the Vikes will rest starters week 17...

and right now Dallas has a one game edge on the Eagles...

anything can happen, but if I had to put money on it, looking at what is remaining, I would say that Philly will be left out...

sure you can go on to say taht Romo chokes in December, and that very well could happen, but Dallas should have 2 wins with the Raiders and Washington left...and that puts them at 9-7 already...

I bet that it comes down to week 17 again, but if we own the tie breaker against Philly, we might be resting our starters that game...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:22 PM   #8
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Philly plays its best in December. Dallas plays its worst in December.

But I think that GB is the odd team out. And I wouldn't count out the Falcons just yet.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:35 PM   #9
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

The key games Dallas Fans need to look at.

Philly @ ATL
Green Bay @ Chicago
New York @ Denver

If Philly, New York, and Green Bay win against these opponents... then it is my belief that Dallas MUST finish the year at 10-6 to get in to the playoffs.
9-7 will not get the job done.

Whoever wins that Philadelphia / New York game is another factor I need to concider... One of those teams gets an automatic loss. So right now, Philly or New York is 6-5 with 5 games to go.

on the flip side Philly or New York is 7-4 with 5 games to go,

Judging by the remaing opponents for both teams... I would hope New York beats Philadelphia.

Something else I would like to see happen is Minnesota given the opportunity to get home field advantage if they can beat New York their last game. In order for this to happen, we need New Orleans to lose two games. (Minnesota and New Orleans both play at noon week 17, so there is a good chance Minnesota will not rest their starters.)

The more I look at the remaing schedules, the more I like the odds of Dallas capturing a playoff spot... but I don't have much hope for winning the division.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:37 PM   #10
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

The Vikings won't be resting their starters if they are fighting the Saints for the home field edge.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:49 PM   #11
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
The Vikings won't be resting their starters if they are fighting the Saints for the home field edge.
good point...

wow there could be the strange situation where Dallas plays Philly week 17 and then plays them AGAIN in Dallas the first playoff game...(if the Giants miss and Dallas wins the NFC East)

Philly comes to Dallas, then Philly comes to Dallas again...

wonder if that has ever happened in the NFL before...back to back games at the same stadium...
Old 11-23-2009, 09:50 PM   #12
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246

I know, but there is still a decent chance that a victory in Week 17 for them would be meaningless.

Same for Arizona in week 17, since they could clinch the division... They play Green Bay that final week.

What I hope for is that the week 17 match up between Dallas and Philly is for the division and both teams have already clinched. Which would give us a 50/50 chance that the two teams would have to play each other again in the first round of the playoffs.

1. New Orleans
2. Minnesota
3. Arizona (or NFC East Winner)
4. NFC East winner (or Arizona)
5. Wild Card
6. Wild Card

A Double Dose of Philly vs. Dallas could become reality. and that week 17 match up could just determine who gets home field advantage the following week.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:13 PM   #13
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

ATlanta 5-5

TB @ ATL
PHI @ ATL
NO @ ATL
ATL @ NYJ
BUF @ ATL
ATL @ TB

if they can beat Philly and New Orleans... they have a decent chance of staying in the hunt.

But Dallas and NY have the tie breaker over them.

But realistically... they will finish at 9-7
There is a small chance for 10-6
11-5 would be amazing.

ATL is the only other team that has a slim chance... but they basically need to go 5-1 in their last 6 games. If they go 4-2, they will need some serious help, and one of those 4 victories will have to be over Philly.

If they beat Philly
NY beats Philly
and Dallas beats Philly

and Green Bay some how piles up some losses... Atlanta could squeak in at 9-7

But basically Atlanta can only afford one more loss... this is why I pick them to beat Philly.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:01 PM   #14
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

damn, if the Bears would have beat Philly, OR if Atlanta just would have beaten the Giants yesterday...Dallas would pretty much be a lock for the playoffs right now...

every single game is just extremely important right now, it almost seems like it is the playoffs already...

"IF" Dallas loses to the Raiders on Thursday then you can pretty much kiss them good bye unless we somehow beat New Orleans at home...

knowing the craziness of the NFL, that is what will happen, Dallas will lose to the Raiders, and then they will end up beating the Saints...
Old 11-23-2009, 11:40 PM   #15
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

knowing the eagles, we will lose to the falcons, maybe denver.. and beat dallas and new york on the road.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: