Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-24-2009, 01:29 AM   #91
Attila
National High School Star

Default Re: MNF 11/23/09 Houston Texans vs. Tennessee Titans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Chris Johnson is making it hella hard for people to keep saying "40 times don't matter"...lol
I agree.

He is right behind AP as the best back in the league. If CJ gets some more power, he'd be the best.
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:54 AM   #92
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

FCUKING STEAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:11 AM   #93
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

Okay. A missed FG loss against the Colts. I can live with losing to them. But to the stinking Titans?!? If there was one game this franchise must win, this was the one. ESPN, Vince Young, Monday Night, in front of the world against the former Houston team. This was suppose to be the game put the team over the hump. But not tonight. One game told the history of the Texans franchise.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:13 AM   #94
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila
I agree.

He is right behind AP as the best back in the league. If CJ gets some more power, he'd be the best.

CJ might not have AP power but he definitely has enough of it. I believe he leads the league in yards after contact although there is a difference between breaking arm tackles and running over people like AP does. However, this season I've seen CJ run over his fair share of people too.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:17 AM   #95
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Okay. A missed FG loss against the Colts. I can live with losing to them. But to the stinking Titans?!? If there was one game this franchise must win, this was the one. ESPN, Vince Young, Monday Night, in front of the world against the former Houston team. This was suppose to be the game put the team over the hump. But not tonight. One game told the history of the Texans franchise.

This Texan team sort of reminds me of the late 90 Oilers who couldn't get over the 8-8 hump as well. They have tremendous amount of talent but they seem to be missing one piece. For the Oilers/Titans it was Jevon Kearse for the Texans maybe it is a kicker, lol.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:40 AM   #96
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

titans are actually a pretty good team.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:49 PM   #97
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
titans are actually a pretty good team.

yes they have a lot of talent they just got off to a horrid start. They have one of the best O-lines that pass block as well as they run block. Notice how Mario Williams/Dwight Freeney are never a factor when they play against the Titans. That is mainly because of how good the tackles are in Tennessee. Michael Roos and David Steward probably make up the best tackle duo in the league. As for running the ball i'm not sure if there is a better run blocking side then the the Titans right side of the ball in Stewart, Scott and Mawae.

Defensively is where the problems have lied this year, disappointing safety play, injuries especially to the corners, and just overall disappointing play on all 3 levels of the defense. However, currently the the defense is playing much better especially the front 4 which is beginning to turn it around. I can't steers how important the Titans front 4 play in the success of their defense. Earlier in the season the titans opponents had all day to throw against a mainly injury plague secondary however that is slowly turning around.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:11 PM   #98
Attila
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
CJ might not have AP power but he definitely has enough of it. I believe he leads the league in yards after contact although there is a difference between breaking arm tackles and running over people like AP does. However, this season I've seen CJ run over his fair share of people too.
The real advantage Chris Johnson has is receiving. AP is not a good receiving back.
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:37 PM   #99
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila
The real advantage Chris Johnson has is receiving. AP is not a good receiving back.

I think he has the advantage in blocking as well.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: