Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 11-23-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Update: Lawrence Frank out after 16 games.

so based on the dave d article, frank is probably gone if the nets lose the next four.

admittedly i've always thought frank was an underrated coach, but trying to step away from my preference for a moment, i still don't understand rod thorn's thinking on this one:

- the team is generally playing hard.
- the major pieces that have been available to play have all shown progress out there (pez, CDR, t-will).
- whoever you replace frank with is hardly going to look better record-wise... at least until a couple more months when everyone is presumed healthy and has had time to play as a unit.
- what's the point of a new coach anyway, considering that the prokhorov sale suggests a whole bunch of new management faces next season, including head coach?

so can anyone put themselves in thorn's shoes and answer from a neutral POV? that is, why make this condition, rodney? what do you hope to gain from firing frank in four games?

thanks.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:29 AM   #2
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Lawrence Frank- gone after four more games?

Yeah I hope they pick up a few wins here soon and save his job, I like Frank as a coach. He works hard and I'm not sure why he was given a bad rap. This year I can't blame on him. It seems like whenever something goes bad with a team, it's the coach's fault. I don't see how you can blame him if literally half of his team is hurt.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:43 AM   #3
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

If we break or tie the record, the blame has to be put somewhere. We can't linger on like this. Personally, I understand that Frank's trying and it's not his fault.. but at the same time it's a business. People have to cover their asses and the easiest way to do that is place the blame on the coach.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #4
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

hmm... Who else is out there that could help this team...

If I were GM, I wouldn't fire Frank... Everyone is playing hard. The vets are still helping... It's just the lack of experience, and close to no firepower on the offensive side.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:52 AM   #5
UK-NJ
High School Starter

UK-NJ is a pretty well-respected posterUK-NJ is a pretty well-respected posterUK-NJ is a pretty well-respected poster

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

If this is true, I honestly don't get what it'd achieve.
UK-NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:39 AM   #6
DidYouSeeVC?
Can barely lace up my sneakers

DidYouSeeVC? has an OK reputation so far

I wonder Byron Scott is up to these days....
DidYouSeeVC? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:59 AM   #7
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Time for us to sign Jeff VanGundy or Mike Fratello.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #8
5 Star

5 Star has an OK reputation so far

I like Frank as well, but it is time for this team to have a face lift. The team plays hard, but seem undisciplined at times. That starts with the head coach in my opinion. No matter who the front office thinks they can bring in to save the team, it will not make a difference when the season is over. Let's not kid ourselves. But I agree a change is needed.

The team needs a spark- they are absolutely unwatchable right now. If they haven't given up yet- they soon will. The schedule is not very beneficial to them either. Therefore, a win is not in the foreseeable future.

For the sake of the fan base and players- I hope they can pull it together. It's sad.
5 Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:39 PM   #9
ChiCity
I brick open layups

ChiCity has an OK reputation so far

he's officially gone now
ChiCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 05:08 PM   #10
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Its really sad to see him go, a really underrated coach in my opinion.
Is Kiki gonna coach some games?
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 05:52 PM   #11
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Update: Lawrence Frank out after 16 games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel06
I know that somone had to take the fall for this record, but I think that Frank will definitely be missed in the long run. Mark it down, some team will pick him up, and I think he will be a winner where ever he goes. Oh wait..... Except New York of course.... LOL
i agree. and mark me down as a fan of whatever team lawrence frank next coaches... exactly the same way i'm a fan of the mavs and magic now that kidd and carter are there.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:16 PM   #12
DidYouSeeVC?

DidYouSeeVC? has an OK reputation so far

I agree with the sentiments on Frank. I always have liked him and you can just tell he cares a lot about the game. I hope he has success wherever he goes.
DidYouSeeVC? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:11 PM   #13
LBJames2010
Local High School Star

LBJames2010 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahoo Sports
Rod didnít want Lawrence to have that record attached to his name,Ē one source close to situation said.

Could that be true?
LBJames2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:38 PM   #14
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJames2010
Could that be true?

If that's true, then that's a very classy move by Rod.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:43 PM   #15
jcrudo
I airball my layups

jcrudo has an OK reputation so far

Supposedly Kiki wanted frank out last season, but Rod protected frank.
jcrudo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: