Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-24-2009, 01:29 PM   #1
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board
Default you guys are sleeping on Vince Young.

i remember a thread awhile back asking who will be better young or russell?
and 3/4 of the poster here said russell I'm just saying young has won everywhere he's been.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:44 PM   #2
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: you guys are sleeping on Vince Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenryan
i remember a thread awhile back asking who will be better young or russell?
and 3/4 of the poster here said russell I'm just saying young has won everywhere he's been.

Russell as in Jamarcus? I hope people didn't say that Jamarcus would be better. I didn't see that in college, draft night or at anytime with the Raiders. Vince is doing good and I hope he keeps it up. Jamarcus should never play another down for the Raiders unless he plays fullback of defensive tackle.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
iggy>
Rozay Simpson

iggy> has decent reputation

young is pretty efficient when he has a great running game, and thats exactly what the titans have.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:19 PM   #4
mbell75
Another title in LA :)

mbell75 is considered somewhat coolmbell75 is considered somewhat coolmbell75 is considered somewhat cool

Eh, the real reason they are winning is Chris Johnson. They have won all but one game hes rushed for over 100 yards and lost the rest. These 4 games in a row they have won, hes been on an absolute tear. The least amount of yards hes rushed for has been 132. That would be a career day for most RBs and thats the LEAST of what hes done. The 228 yards rushing against the Jags and the 132 yards rushing/100 yards receiving against the Bills were both amazing. Vince Young is good, but his numbers are below average. If not for Johnson blowing up these last 4 games, they wouldnt be winning anything.

Last edited by mbell75 : 11-24-2009 at 02:21 PM.
mbell75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:50 PM   #5
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^Vince was winning before Chris Johnson got there. Check the man's record as a starting QB. Chris has exploded since Vince has been back under center. The way that OC Heimerdinger is utilizing all of Vince's talents is hell on defensive players because whichever poison you choose, whether it be Vince or Chris will be lethal.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:46 PM   #6
mbell75
Another title in LA :)

mbell75 is considered somewhat coolmbell75 is considered somewhat coolmbell75 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
^Vince was winning before Chris Johnson got there. Check the man's record as a starting QB. Chris has exploded since Vince has been back under center. The way that OC Heimerdinger is utilizing all of Vince's talents is hell on defensive players because whichever poison you choose, whether it be Vince or Chris will be lethal.

I am talking about this year. I know ESPN showed that stat where VY is 21-11, the 4th best record of QBs drafted since 2000. The problem is all he does is win regular season games. The other 3 ahead of him (Brady, Roethlisberger and Rivers) have all won big playoff games, 2 have championships. I need to see VY win some meaningful playoff games before I consider him anything more than a decent QB. As I said, his numbers are very average.
mbell75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #7
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75
Eh, the real reason they are winning is Chris Johnson. They have won all but one game hes rushed for over 100 yards and lost the rest. These 4 games in a row they have won, hes been on an absolute tear. The least amount of yards hes rushed for has been 132. That would be a career day for most RBs and thats the LEAST of what hes done. The 228 yards rushing against the Jags and the 132 yards rushing/100 yards receiving against the Bills were both amazing. Vince Young is good, but his numbers are below average. If not for Johnson blowing up these last 4 games, they wouldnt be winning anything.

CJ is ripping it up though because people have to account for VY as well. That option play in which he has got a lot of yards over the last 4 weeks isn't possible to run with Collins. Also one should notice how much 3rd downs the Titans convert under VY compared to Collins. I don't have the exact numbers in front of me but I know the Titans conversion rate was abysmal especially in the 4th quarter in a close game. For example, In the Pit game when he had numerous incompletions in a row the same story from the Bal playoff game and the Jets game where he had 13-14 straight incompletions. VY is also playing steady ball not turning over the ball(only 2 in 4 games) and managing the game. That is what a Jeff Fisher team does, they run the football and limit mistakes and usually rely on the Defense although this year the defense has disappointed.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:23 AM   #8
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

I remember the thread where people was trashing him.. I said it then and Ill say it again.. there is something special about Vince Young..

he is a winner...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:42 AM   #9
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Vince young is an average QB surrounded by talent (this Titans team did go 14-2 last year.) Vince has always had a good running game to support him (even before Chris Johnson i.e. Travis Henry) and besides this year the Titans have had a good defense. Vince isn't a good QB by any means, he's basically the 2nd coming of Kordell Stewart. I don't think Vince will ever throw for more then 20 TD's in a year.

Vince is somewhere around the Alex Smith's level.

Last edited by ALBballer : 11-25-2009 at 10:23 AM.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:08 AM   #10
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
Russell as in Jamarcus? I hope people didn't say that Jamarcus would be better. I didn't see that in college, draft night or at anytime with the Raiders. Vince is doing good and I hope he keeps it up. Jamarcus should never play another down for the Raiders unless he plays fullback of defensive tackle.
But you said it in that thread.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=143108
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:02 PM   #11
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Vince young is an average QB surrounded by talent (this Titans team did go 14-2 last year.) Vince has always had a good running game to support him (even before Chris Johnson i.e. Travis Henry) and besides this year the Titans have had a good defense. Vince isn't a good QB by any means, he's basically the 2nd coming of Kordell Stewart. I don't think Vince will ever throw for more then 20 TD's in a year.

No thats not true at all, Vince is a much better QB than Smith, and when he's on his game a lot better than Stewart ever was either. I would go further into what I feel about this but I'll just quote myself from the last Vince Young thread.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=152896

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
The thing with Vince Young is he was always able to pull that Titan team to Ws even when he didn't have that much talent around him. He carried a 4 win Titan team to a .500 record in 06 and to the playoffs in 07 and only lost his job last year after he got hurt.

He deserves a full year with the starting job, and a go-to receiver before we can really assess him.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:43 PM   #12
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I remember the thread where people was trashing him.. I said it then and Ill say it again.. there is something special about Vince Young..

he is a winner...
Just bumped any Vince Young thread I could find so I could show everyone how Philly fans think of Vince Young. What a horrible signing this was. ****ing trash.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:49 PM   #13
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

eatdatpussy
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:15 PM   #14
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer

It's funny..... I don't even remember being a vince young hater lol. I was right for the most part except for him being on Alex Smith's level. That's a
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

3/4 of the posters said Russell would be better than Young? I'd LOVE to see that thread.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: