Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-29-2006, 01:06 AM   #1
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Default Will Kobe Play on Tuesday?

All signs point to ... yes? um, maybe?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...e=NBAHeadlines

Quote:
Bryant's knee 'a little sore,' but he can play in opener
Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- Kobe Bryant wouldn't say Saturday if he'll play in the Lakers' regular-season opener against the Phoenix Suns Tuesday night, but coach Phil Jackson said Bryant has told him he will be available.

The Lakers practiced Saturday at Staples Center and Bryant participated in much of the session. Bryant has been recovering from right knee surgery and didn't play in any of the Lakers' exhibition games.

"He says he's going to play on Tuesday," Jackson said. "There's a disclaimer that he's doubtful. I'm sure that he'll make the correct decision. He came off the floor and he was sore, but he was on the court for a good hour and a half before he came off."

The last two days the Lakers had said that Bryant was "questionable to doubtful" for the first game of the season.

Bryant didn't give any indication after practice on his plans.

"I don't know," Bryant said. "I just take it day by day. It's kind of frustrating, cause every day kind of varies. Today it's a little sore."

Jackson said Bryant didn't go full tilt in practice but did many of the skill drills. Jackson said the Lakers are prepared whether Bryant plays or not. Maurice Evans is the likely starter if Bryant sits.

Jackson, who underwent right hip-replacement surgery earlier this month, said he would coach the opener Tuesday night. He missed all the team's exhibition games.

He used a cane at practice and said he has a ways to go to be mobile and active. Jackson said it's possible that he might not make the trip to Golden State on Wednesday for the Lakers' second game.

Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:07 AM   #2
Kobe4life
Banned

if kobe doesnt play its a guaranteed lost
Kobe4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:10 AM   #3
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4life
if kobe doesnt play its a guaranteed lost

Wow!! You are Guarantying this Kobe4life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:26 AM   #4
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

I think he will play. But he will come off the bench. And that will still be good for us cause that is a spark off the bench.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:31 AM   #5
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
I think he will play. But he will come off the bench. And that will still be good for us cause that is a spark off the bench.

I agree!! If Phil doesn't want him to start then put him in like in the second to see how he feels out there!!!

Phil the Master of ZEN what he says go!!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:54 AM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Here is the problem; If Kobe plays extra hard in this game, he will have to sit out because this type of problem comes back when u give extra effort.

I'd rather we lose the first few games than Lose late and miss the playoffs.

What's great about all of phil's teams is they stay .500 through out the forst 20 games but after that they will go on an 16-4 surge for example.

His teams always do that. Expect a big surge later on in the season but not now.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 04:56 AM   #7
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

He said he'll play so I hope he will.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 05:54 AM   #8
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

Originally posted by KOBE4MVP "I don't know," Bryant said. "I just take it day by day. It's kind of frustrating,
cause every day kind of varies. Today it's a little sore."

Kobe will play there's too much drama involved on opening night for him to be a spectator, besides Kobe mentioned that it was just a little sore. Kobe's a big boy a little soreness will not keep him out of this one.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 02:23 PM   #9
Kobe4life
Banned

if kobe is benched, and if its a blow out then dont even send him out
Kobe4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 04:50 PM   #10
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4life
if kobe is benched, and if its a blow out then dont even send him out

Kobe4life: Which one happened first was Kobe benched before or during the blow-out ?:confused: cause in either case kobe should defitnitely be sent back in to see if we can restore some order and change the complexity of the game with reasoning that the lakers were blown-out without the Kobester in the game.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 07:38 PM   #11
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

If there is a question about his health, Kobe shouldn't play. It's only one game at the start of the year. Even if he misses the first week or so, it's much better to have him sit and get healthy than go out there and get hurt.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 07:45 PM   #12
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

I agree with that. One wrong move and it could end bryants career or season. So if he has to stay out a week or so. Let him do that so he will be 100% healthy and come back like the beast that he is.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:30 PM   #13
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I am not convinced the Lakers would lose if Kobe missed the game. It depends which Laker team shows up. If they are pumped up for the game, I think they can run with the Suns and give them a tough time, with or without Kobe.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:02 PM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I am not convinced the Lakers would lose if Kobe missed the game. It depends which Laker team shows up. If they are pumped up for the game, I think they can run with the Suns and give them a tough time, with or without Kobe.

Drew Bynum can be the main factor
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:58 AM   #15
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Just got some great news from this article I was reading:
Quote:
Judging from how many times he used the word ``really’’ to describe how good his knee felt, Kobe Bryant will be in the starting lineup and wearing his new No. 24 when the Lakers open the season tonight against Phoenix.

Bryant passed his biggest test Monday at practice when he was running the middle on a fastbreak drill and decided to challenge guard Shammond Williams, who was trying to take a charge on defense.

``I felt like I could explode, so I took off,’’ Bryant said. ``I didn’t know what I was doing. The ball slipped out of my hands but I landed and I felt fine. It was like, ‘OK.’ If it feels good (today), I’ll be ready to go.’’

Bryant underwent right knee surgery 108 days ago but his recovery has been slow going. He did not play in any of the Lakers’ eight preseason games and only recently started practicing in full with his teammates.

``I felt really, really good (Monday),’’ Bryant said. ``Really, really good (Monday).’’
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: