Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 12-01-2009, 12:07 AM   #331
Soopa
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Soopa has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Allen Iverson says he's retiring

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news...s-iverson.html

Snider won't stand in way if Stefanski wants Iverson

Quote:
The ball appears to be in Ed Stefanski's court with Allen Iverson. Sixers chairman Ed Snider released a statement Monday in which he said, "While nothing has been decided, Ed Stefanski is the president and general manager of the Philadelphia 76ers and I support him and his basketball decisions."

Stefanski, head coach Eddie Jordan, senior vice president Tony DiLeo and assistant coach Aaron McKie held a two-hour meeting with Iverson and agent Leon Rose on Monday in Dallas. They are thinking about signing Iverson to bolster their backcourt, which was weakened when starting point guard Lou Williams fractured his jaw last week.

Prior to Monday’s 104-102 loss to the Mavericks, Jordan said, "We had a good conversation. There’s a lot of things to talk about. We’ll see what happens in another few days."

Asked what the 34-year-old Iverson would bring to the Sixers, Jordan replied, "An aggressive scoring mentality — a guy that could take over games, even in this stage of his career. He’d be an extra weapon for us."
Soopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:39 AM   #332
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I guess this means Louis Williams will go back to being a sixth man for the rest of this season when he returns.

Financially, this is a good move for the Sixers. They are not going to make the playoffs this year, barring massive improvement, so they will get more attendance through AI being there.

Williams is probably another year away from starting anyway.

But the better team for AI to go to is Charlotte. They are not going to re-sign Felton to a huge deal, since he turned down one this year. They could sign AI, adding that scorer in the lineup besides SJax that they badly need, trade away Felton, and then groom DJ Augustin to take over the starting spot next season.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:34 AM   #333
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...urn=nba,205846

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...e=NBAHeadlines

Quote:
Allen Iverson likely to join Philadelphia 76ers by Monday

By Mark J. Miller

“AllenThe Philadelphia 76ers have won five games so far this season. That's one fewer than the Memphis Grizzlies, the former team of Allen Iverson(notes). The Sixers apparently think free-agent guard Allen Iverson can help them get a little higher in the wins column because the rumor is that the team will sign A.I. by Monday. Is he still The Answer? Sixers fans will soon find out, it appears.

Sixers execs have met with Iverson's reps (and apparently Iverson himself) and the talks supposedly went well. "[Iverson] is a charming individual," head coach Eddie Jordan said about the meeting. "It was really good, really intriguing."

But can he still charm on the court? His behavior with the Grizzlies and the Detroit Pistons last year haven't shown that. It seems that the key to keep Iverson happy is to give him a very clear role right at the outset and lay out all the possibilities of what could happen to his role. Still, no matter what happens, it seems Iverson will eventually find something to be upset about. Age is not suiting him too well.

The deal isn't extremely close but the momentum seems to be pushing more toward it actually happening than not.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:50 AM   #334
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Thread title should be changed.
Looks like AI is headed back to Philly Nostalgic stuff, I'm hoping AI is gonna end his career in Philly. Feels like the way it's supposed to be. If he gets signed, I can't wait to see his first home game and the standing ovation he will receive
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:24 AM   #335
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

Some sources have their thread titles like its confirmed..

Report: Iverson to Rejoin Sixers on Monday
Old 12-01-2009, 11:01 AM   #336
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toizumi
Thread title should be changed.
Looks like AI is headed back to Philly Nostalgic stuff, I'm hoping AI is gonna end his career in Philly. Feels like the way it's supposed to be. If he gets signed, I can't wait to see his first home game and the standing ovation he will receive

I call a standing ovation followed by a sixers loss and Iverson ending with 18pts on 6-20 FG
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:23 AM   #337
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
I call a standing ovation followed by a sixers loss and Iverson ending with 18pts on 6-20 FG

Guess Pistons fans still discuss about Iverson as their is nothing to discuss about their club
Old 12-01-2009, 11:38 AM   #338
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Time to grab the old A.I 6'er jersey out of the closet . Hopefully he does well. I'm sure he'll get the numbers but it's going to be interesting to see how much he affects there W\L as there already doing pretty poorly.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #339
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
Guess Pistons fans still discuss about Iverson as their is nothing to discuss about their club

Hmm so all of the posters in this thread are Pistons fan?
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: