Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 11-25-2009, 06:31 PM   #31
Mateo
Local High School Star

Mateo has not been impressing people
Default Re: Allen Iverson Retires

Good riddance. Allen Iverson is the poster boy for one of the worst eras in basketball history. He is the poster boy for:

A) Athletes who put put themselves above the team.
B) Athletes who only concentrate on scoring and areas that bring personal adulation.
C) Athletes who value personal adulation above winning.
D) Athletes who surround themselves with yes-men and never improve during their career.

There was a whole era of similar players, guys who came into the league with much hype and never lived up to the expectations because, well, they didn't want to. In their eyes they were already legends. AI is the poster boy for that type of player, that lost era of basketball.

My only regret is that this ended in retirement and not blackball. I wanted him to try and come back, but be rejected by every team.
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:31 PM   #32
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Iverson Retiring...

^^ thanks, i wondered why i could find the thread, but it was stickied.. mods u cud delete this...
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:31 PM   #33
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Part of my childhood died today.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:34 PM   #34
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Who is this "Allen Iverson" they speak of. Not familiar with that name. Oh well......
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:35 PM   #35
ShawnieMac06
High School Varsity 6th Man

ShawnieMac06 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
IMO, MJ's Washington debacle was worse. He probably lit a cigar and smiled when he learned that Pollin died.

Yeah, you're right...especially the way it happened. I'm sure that ol' Michael didn't shed tears yesterday.
ShawnieMac06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #36
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

i feel weird as hell now... :/, damn way too soon AI.... plz come back half way through the season... i know u still got the skillz... go to boston or denver at around february plz i just want to c u play again!!!
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:44 PM   #37
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
i think its way to soon
link : http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...n=nba, 204978

what a shame...
btw if its a repost, sorry didnt c another thread about it...
That is the most f*cking back handed article I have ever seen.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:46 PM   #38
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
That is the most f*cking back handed article I have ever seen.

I agree man.. no respect.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:52 PM   #39
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i didnt read the article but by retiring i now see how selfish he really is. all he had to do was be a 6th man and he couldnt even do that
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:59 PM   #40
Kobe Jnr
Banned

Kobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

man in 07-08 season he was averaging 26 pts 7 assists and 2 steals... 2 years later he is retiring... future hall of famer
Kobe Jnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:59 PM   #41
Rafael Delagetó
Local High School Star

Rafael Delagetó has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo
Good riddance. Allen Iverson is the poster boy for one of the worst eras in basketball history. He is the poster boy for:

A) Athletes who put put themselves above the team.
B) Athletes who only concentrate on scoring and areas that bring personal adulation.
C) Athletes who value personal adulation above winning.
D) Athletes who surround themselves with yes-men and never improve during their career.

There was a whole era of similar players, guys who came into the league with much hype and never lived up to the expectations because, well, they didn't want to. In their eyes they were already legends. AI is the poster boy for that type of player, that lost era of basketball.

My only regret is that this ended in retirement and not blackball. I wanted him to try and come back, but be rejected by every team.

Are you Tyronn Lue?
Rafael Delagetó is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #42
Mateo
Local High School Star

That article is spot on. I challenge anyone to point out an untruth. He's absolutely correct when he said that Iverson flatlined in his early 20s. Name me one skill that Iverson picked up after his first 3 years in the league. One.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #43
Mateo
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark
You are the definition of pathetic.

Name me one skill that Iverson picked up after his first 3 years in the league. Name me one.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #44
K-Mart
High School JV MVP

K-Mart has an OK reputation so far

He will be back.
K-Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #45
sipitri
Chuckwagoner

sipitri has decent reputationsipitri has decent reputation