Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 11-25-2009, 07:18 PM   #61
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Allen Iverson Retires

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffttime
i don't understand the hate for iverson. dude's one of the most skilled basketball player to ever step on the court. he's that guy you watched on playground and hoped one day you'd grow up to be as good as him.. the fact he hasn't won a ring in his career don't mean jack sh!t. dude's a former mvp, how many 6 footers can you say that about? you can't deny his love and passion for the game. except for mj, i've never seen anyone come into every single game with intsensity. even in the few games he played as a grizzly, he came with intensity. the same people hating on him are the same people who used to wear his jersey to school years ago.
I dont get it either...
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:19 PM   #62
Mateo
Local High School Star

Mateo has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffttime
i don't understand the hate for iverson. dude's one of the most skilled basketball player to ever step on the court.

Really? Name me 3 skills Iverson possesses. I'm timing you. Go.
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:21 PM   #63
Kevin_Garnett_5
College star

Kevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael Delagetó
Are you Tyronn Lue?
Kevin_Garnett_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:22 PM   #64
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo
Really? Name me 3 skills Iverson possesses. I'm timing you. Go.
How does someone at six feet tall make the NBA without possessing three skills?
STFU.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:22 PM   #65
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Iverson Retiring...

Quote:
That article is spot on. I challenge anyone to point out an untruth. He's absolutely correct when he said that Iverson flatlined in his early 20s. Name me one skill that Iverson picked up after his first 3 years in the league. One.
His best years were late-20s early-30s-ish when everyone was expecting him to be right about to decline. I think Sixers fans will tell you his best years were the year or two before he was traded to Denver. At that point in his career he was getting more assists and fewer turnovers and had seemed to mature mentally. People at that time were like, dang, will he ever decline?

in 2000 he was just faster than everyone else, had a better crossover than everyone else, and wanted to score/win more than anyone else. Around age 30 he started to get a real instinct for all-around play.

If you recall, early in his career he wasn't much of a PG at all. The year he made the Finals he didn't even play the point. But later in his career he was looking like one of the best passers, one of the best drive-and-dishers in basketball.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:22 PM   #66
NBA4EVER

NBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyb00ft7ZQE
NBA4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:23 PM   #67
Mateo
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
I am not going to name the long illustrious list of players who have Quit on their teams. Its too hard. He messed up. I dont see how two years unravels everything else he has done. You dont see me hanging Kobe's trade demands and that suspect game 7 against the Suns over his head. You dont see countless articles and posters slamming him for that? I think ISH is just a little immature. If you are a basketball fan, you appreciated Iverson. There is no way one could discredit how much he has done for the game. He left his mark.

Kobe rectified himself. Iverson just let his selfishness and stubbornness turn him into the ultimate quitter.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:26 PM   #68
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Kobe rectified himself. Iverson just let his selfishness and stubbornness turn him into the ultimate quitter.
I am done. Calling AI the ultimate quitter. If he was that, he would have quit a long time ago buddy.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:30 PM   #69
Mateo
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
His best years were late-20s early-30s-ish when everyone was expecting him to be right about to decline. I think Sixers fans will tell you his best years were the year or two before he was traded to Denver. At that point in his career he was getting more assists and fewer turnovers and had seemed to mature mentally. People at that time were like, dang, will he ever decline?

in 2000 he was just faster than everyone else, had a better crossover than everyone else, and wanted to score/win more than anyone else. Around age 30 he started to get a real instinct for all-around play.

If you recall, early in his career he wasn't much of a PG at all. The year he made the Finals he didn't even play the point. But later in his career he was looking like one of the best passers, one of the best drive-and-dishers in basketball.

Passing more often != passing better. Assists up, turnovers up. Net outcome is nil.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:32 PM   #70
Sanity
I know from experience

Sanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation here

NBA Most Valuable Player (2001)
NBA Rookie of the Year (1997)
10× NBA All-Star (2000–2009)
4× NBA Scoring Champion (1999, 2001-2002, 2005)
3× All-NBA First Team (1999, 2001, 2005)
3× All-NBA Second Team (2000, 2002–2003)
All-NBA Third Team (2006)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (1997)
2× NBA All-Star Game MVP (2001, 2005)
NCAA Big East Rookie Of The Year (1995)
2× NCAA Big East Defensive Player Of The Year (1995, 1996)
6th all time in ppg (27.02)
4th all time in mpg (41.4)
6th all time in spg (2.2)
45th all time in apg (6.2)
22nd all time in points (24020)
42nd all time in minutes (36786)
13th all time in steals (1965)
36th all time in assists (5522)

Not a bad legacy

Last edited by Sanity : 11-25-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:34 PM   #71
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanity
NBA Most Valuable Player (2001)
NBA Rookie of the Year (1997)
10× NBA All-Star (2000–2009)
4× NBA Scoring Champion (1999, 2001-2002, 2005)
3× All-NBA First Team (1999, 2001, 2005)
3× All-NBA Second Team (2000, 2002–2003)
All-NBA Third Team (2006)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (1997)
2× NBA All-Star Game MVP (2001, 2005)
NCAA Big East Rookie Of The Year (1995)
2× NCAA Big East Defensive Player Of The Year (1995, 1996)
6th all time in ppg (27.02)
4th all time in mpg (41.4)
6th all time in spg (2.2)
45th all time in apg (6.2)
22nd all time in points (24020)
42nd all time in minutes (36786)
13th all time in steals (1965)
36th all time assists (5522)

Not a bad legacy
Not bad at all.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:34 PM   #72
NBA4EVER

NBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Not bad at all.

sad to see him not get a ring
NBA4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:35 PM   #73
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

mateo, suck on dis

http://my.nba.com/cms/55351/iversons...philly_moments
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:35 PM   #74
Locked_Up_Tonight
National High School Star

Locked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation here

Showtime, we disagree on the Mavs and Dirk and go back and forth, but I am in total agreement with you on this one.

It's sad that Iverson cares more about himself than he does about the team.
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:40 PM   #75
markymark
Local High School Star

markymark has not been impressing people

Quote:

GTFO of this thread.

Create an Yi Jianlian vs Scalabrine or something.

Just don't post here anymore.
markymark is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: